Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 . LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

If they stopped people from occupying the grass above the NEZ, the same people who whining about it making it look bad on TV now, would be whining because "poor junior loved sliding down that hill." Some would even declare that they would never attend another sporting event at UL. How do I know? It is based on past history of reading RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If they stopped people from occupying the grass above the NEZ, the same people who whining about it making it look bad on TV now, would be whining because "poor junior loved sliding down that hill." Some would even declare that they would never attend another sporting event at UL. How do I know? It is based on past history of reading RP.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Upper deck currently has about 5,300 seats of the nearly 41,000 in Cajun field. We know those are going away so that’s down to 35,500-35,800. If we are going down to 28,000, where are we losing another 7,000-8,000 seats?
    We will lose quite a few seats on the west side. The “bowl effect” will be lowered significantly to accommodate ADA requirements.

I may be wrong on how I think of it I thinking each section lower, upper, visitor lower all holds 10k.

Take down the upper deck it goes down to 20k. Endzone seating 5k. Top Deck rebuilt half the size 5k . 2k In suites

32k capacity?!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We will lose quite a few seats on the west side. The “bowl effect” will be lowered significantly to accommodate ADA requirements.
    Lowered how?

Their is only 2 people on this board this really knows what is going on with this project. BeauCajun is one of those guys. Listen to what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Lowered how?
    Let’s just say the current concourse is 20’ above parking lot grade. The new concourse level may be at about 10’ above grade. Not saying those are the exact numbers but just an example.

By a combination of lowering the concourse as well as new ADA seating/row requirements will lower the number of seat rows in the lower bowl. The same thing will happen on the student side once that renovation is done.

Let’s just say the current concourse is 20’ above parking lot grade. The new concourse level may be at about 10’ above grade. Not saying those are the exact numbers but just an example.

By a combination of lowering the concourse as well as new ADA seating/row requirements will lower the number of seat rows in the lower bowl. The same thing will happen on the student side once that renovation is done.
    Oofff well I sure hope the upper deck chair backs are part of the plan. The lower bowl sucks as it is now

So the incline of the ramps at the 4 main gates is too steep?

Wouldn't that effect the new(er) south end zone too then? Its concourse is at the same basic grade

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    So the incline of the ramps at the 4 main gates is too steep?

Wouldn't that effect the new(er) south end zone too then? Its concourse is at the same basic grade
    Question #1: correct
    #2: I don’t think it will affect the SEZ concourse once the ramps are made compliant. I don’t know what they’ll do about the 2 different concourse levels.

11. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So you think building the SW EndZone seating made the stadium look fuller?
    Definitely not. But the south end zone was added in preparation of the reduced capacity after tearing down the upper deck to allow them to still meet the d1 stadium size requirements.

Are there plans to add more chairbacks?

I know it is likely much more expensive and won't happen, but I would like to see chairbacks on the visitor side. Stadiums with chairbacks look better when the crowd is light in my opinion. Empty metal bleachers stick out like a sore thumb.

Been out the game a few years, is the ADA ramp grade still 1 on 12 or did it change to 1 on 14?

1:12 with a max rise of 30” between landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I say keep it u shape. with a terrace in the NEZ. With a small upper deck! This is more of what I like to see

Attachment 18669

Attachment 18670
    I am OK with building a terrace, just get rid of the grassy day-care center. Put in LOUISIANA like Colorado does below the terrace. Make the NEZ something special, just not a high school looking kids play area.

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 . LastLast

Thread Information