Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 83 . LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Would think the east side would be completed/well underway before the west side is demoed since got to have a press box/PA system.
    From what I understand, the order is due to financing structure

2. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes. The east side is phase 2 as I understand it.
    Thanks for the update I was wondering the same thing myself

3. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Didn't LSU say for years that they had dorms inside Tiger Stadium in order to get state funding for repairs and improvements?

(And I mean *fairly* recently not WW1)
    My brother stayed in the stadium dorms for two years prior to his marriage and moving into married students apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    From what I understand, the order is due to financing structure
    Is this a fancy way of saying "we don't have the money to do the East side, so we need to sell a ton of West suites to pay for it" ?

Can somebody sneak into the plans three flag poles that support a Real American, Louisiana and Acadiana Flag.

You are to face the flag during the National Anthem, not some b.s. karaoke video board. The U.S. flag we have in the Swamp and Tigue look like somebody went to Guidry's on Jefferson and got it on sale on aisle 3

5x larger.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Is this a fancy way of saying "we don't have the money to do the East side, so we need to sell a ton of West suites to pay for it" ?
    Fjm is incorrect, and the east has nothing to do with the west financing. It’s a separate project with funding completely secured from the state already.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Fjm is incorrect, and the east has nothing to do with the west financing. It’s a separate project with funding completely secured from the state already.
    How is FJM incorrect? I get what he and others are trying to saying. The west side is getting done cause it's private monies and is funded through Lourdes and the sale of suites. The east side is state funded so they have bids and other procedures that are gonna take some time so while they finalize that they can begin with the west side first. While it not the same funding one does impact the other in a way.

If it was all state monies or all private monies then yes it would make sense to start with east side and build the press box first, which I had originally asked. I had forgotten that the state was funding the east side when Jay was mentioning all this during the one and half hour rain delay in Birmingham.

Iirc, one of our esteemed representative snuck in provision for Tsab during the last State budget session and in order to get it pass they threw in some extra for others schools. Since the east side will include students nutrition and other support services it qualify for capitol improvement funds. We get a east side which is severely needed. The west side gets more room for suites

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    How is FJM incorrect? I get what he and others are trying to saying. The west side is getting done cause it's private monies and is funded through Lourdes and the sale of suites. The east side is state funded so they have bids and other procedures that are gonna take some time so while they finalize that they can begin with the west side first. While it not the same funding one does impact the other in a way.

If it was all state monies or all private monies then yes it would make sense to start with east side and build the press box first, which I had originally asked. I had forgotten that the state was funding the east side when Jay was mentioning all this during the one and half hour rain delay in Birmingham.

Iirc, one of our esteemed representative snuck in provision for Tsab during the last State budget session and in order to get it pass they threw in some extra for others schools. Since the east side will include students nutrition and other support services it qualify for capitol improvement funds. We get a east side which is severely needed. The west side gets more room for suites
    Thank you. Yep, I was speaking in terms of the order of construction and it not being feasible to move it around. You did a much better job explaining it than I did.

The way things are looking to be structured/ ordered, it will probably be inconvenient for a year or so but the end result will be more than worth it IMO. I can't wait to see the actual plans

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Thank you. Yep, I was speaking in terms of the order of construction and it not being feasible to move it around. You did a much better job explaining it than I did.

The way things are looking to be structured/ ordered, it will probably be inconvenient for a year or so but the end result will be more than worth it IMO. I can't wait to see the actual plans
    So, am I correct in thinking that when the final product is done, the stadium will have relatively equal east-west towers? So that while driving along Congress it will no long have the hugely lopsided look of the past 50 years?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So, am I correct in thinking that when the final product is done, the stadium will have relatively equal east-west towers? So that while driving along Congress it will no long have the hugely lopsided look of the past 50 years?
    Yep, In 4 years it'll be a completely new stadium

So the big "we built a new stadium" marketing push will be to show off something that is likely half done for that season?

Re-build the Strip in the NEZ. Tell all those damn kids game over.

Let's Geaux Baby, Georgia State coming to town for a throwdown.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Re-build the Strip in the NEZ. Tell all those damn kids game over.

Let's Geaux Baby, Georgia State coming to town for a throwdown.
    Got to admire someone who's this fired up @0615 on a Monday.
    I don't have any ____s to give until, at least, Wednesday.

You want more fans, grow the undergrad population to 20k. Then grow the Greek organizations by 30%. Tie their growth to academic success, community services and athletic event participation.

If the Greeks were roughly 8000 students then you would see a completely different environment at this university. But that would require fraternity/sorority row to be drastically overhauled. The university embrace the culture that comes with it and learn to work with the Greeks in a way that’s advantageous for both.

Agreed

Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 83 . LastLast

Thread Information