Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 . LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    In his defense he could not do anything about that. The SBC hired him to paint a print with all of the current teams and coaches on it.
    . . . why let the facts get into the way of an objection . . . I mean, he put the toothpick in this one and has painted anything in purple . . . he gone . . .

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Is that Rick Stockstill?! Dude has been at MT since the Cold War (original version).

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Is that Rick Stockstill?! Dude has been at MT since the Cold War (original version).
    Andy McCollum for MTSU
    Tom Cable for Idaho
    Darrel Dickey for UNT
    Bobby Keasler for ULM

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Andy McCollum in the older one for MTSU
    Tom Cable for Idaho
    Darrel Dickey for UNT
    Got it.

Haven’t heard Darrel Dickey‘s name in years!

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Having the east side tower with educational space will make stadium look more balanced and finished

The optics of having the tv cameras facing the home side vs the empty visitor's side would be a nice change
    I bet adding an educational space into the stadium allowed some additional State funds to be utilized for this project. Because the University was probably limited in how much State money could be utilized on an athletics only facility and anything above that amount would have to be funded by private donations. I don't know that for a fact, but that is what my gut is telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet adding an educational space into the stadium allowed some additional State funds to be utilized for this project. Because the University was probably limited in how much State money could be utilized on an athletics only facility and anything above that amount would have to be funded by private donations. I don't know that for a fact, but that is what my gut is telling me.
    Didn't LSU say for years that they had dorms inside Tiger Stadium in order to get state funding for repairs and improvements?

(And I mean *fairly* recently not WW1)

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    State is funding East Side. Last I heard was to the tune of 38 mil. Don't take that to the bank though. As others have stated the press box on East side along with other amenities. Including food services for athletes and offices for athletics. Cox building will come down once complete. As Beau stated three levels of "suites" on West side. Sixteen traditional suites, loge boxes, and another level that I can't remember the description on. I believe all chairbacks on West side as well. Total capacity around 30k.

Got it. Regardless, I feel this might just help galvanize the Louisiana fanbase.
    Everyone likes new. Everyone likes to see improvement. Image is everything nowadays. Just Starting the project shows the admin is invested football. This fan base is about to re-energized!!!

I’m hoping we replace the old chair backs with red ones and maybe some red bleachers. Think it would look better empty and full.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Didn't LSU say for years that they had dorms inside Tiger Stadium in order to get state funding for repairs and improvements?

(And I mean *fairly* recently not WW1)
    If we need more dorms, can we add them to the west side and get state funding for that which could house athletes and other students? That could enhance the look of the stadium and be functional as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I’m hoping we replace the old chair backs with red ones and maybe some red bleachers. Think it would look better empty and full.
    I’ve been saying this for years. Red, white and black chairs peppered throughout the stadium. (75% Red/White and 25% Black)

I’ve been saying this for years. Red, white and black chairs peppered throughout the stadium. (75% Red/White and 25% Black)
    That work years ago because cameras weren’t HD. Now it would look just like empty multicolored seats

In 2 years they would all be pink

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    In 2 years they would all be pink
    Might not even take that long.

There’s a lot of stadiums with red seats. Pro and college.

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 . LastLast

Thread Information