Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

I'm guessing the west side will have suites. That might be why it gets done first?

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    One thing of note that I’ve seen here (and heard in interviews) is that the press box will no longer be on the west side. I had thought it was originally in the plans to be in the new west tower. So curious to see how this plays out for the east side renovation.
    But why not have the press box on the west side. When the sun hits the east side at sunset, no one in the press box will be able to see the field. Not sure what they are thinking here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    But why not have the press box on the west side. When the sun hits the east side at sunset, no one in the press box will be able to see the field. Not sure what they are thinking here.
    Frees up west tower to be purely suites for revenue generation. Press box on East side will have cameras, TV announcers, and press looking at a fuller crowd. Better for TV.

And depending on what the press box on the East side looks like, makes for a nicer stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Frees up west tower to be purely suites for revenue generation. Press box on East side will have cameras, TV announcers, and press looking at a fuller crowd. Better for TV.

And depending on what the press box on the East side looks like, makes for a nicer stadium.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I was wondering after Jay had mentioned they would be in a new press box on the east, why they don't go ahead and start on the east and build everything there first. Then when they finish they can tear down the west tower and everyone moves to the new press box. Idk I'm not a construction guy so I'll let y'all handle all that
    its a state project, which takes alot more time to push through, from what i understand

I would think, from a logical marketing position, the suites stay west.

Having the east side tower with educational space will make stadium look more balanced and finished

The optics of having the tv cameras facing the home side vs the empty visitor's side would be a nice change

Frees up west tower to be purely suites for revenue generation.
    Are the suites open air?

This is just awesome news!

Will the West side also hold administrative offices along with suites?

Ok. Make sense. Then maybe either earlier or later games. The 6pm has the sun directly in the eyes of the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Ok. Make sense. Then maybe either earlier or later games. The 6pm has the sun directly in the eyes of the east side.
    7PM kickoffs prior to Homecoming.

4PM kickoffs for Homecoming and beyond.

This should be the normal schedule unless ESPN says we absolutely have to change it for National Broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Are the suites open air?
    Similar to Russo. Suites as well as club on west side. 3 levels of suites.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This is just awesome news!

Will the West side also hold administrative offices along with suites?
    i think there is a plan in place to put admin on the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i think there is a plan in place to put admin on the east side.
    Got it. Regardless, I feel this might just help galvanize the Louisiana fanbase.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The toothpick!!!
    In his defense he could not do anything about that. The SBC hired him to paint a print with all of the current teams and coaches on it.

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast

Thread Information