Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    What I was told yesterday, they are showing 2 renderings to investors. Majority if the suites are already sold. The problem is the longer we wait the more expensive it gets and then you have supply chain issues.

It is still in a silent phase, but maybe a status update on the progress would be appreciated by the small fish.
    Agreed! Thats what i meant regarding "Crickets from the University" It has been crickets. Unless you know to Listen to Jay's show with Dr. Maggard the average fan has no clue on the status of the project. Something needs to be put out by the university regarding the progress of the project and new time table to complete.

This university leads the country in pipe dreams when it comes to raising money for improvements. Cajun Field will continue to be the dump that it is for years to come. This university can't even raise $5 mill for the baseball facility [locker rooms, coaches offices, batting cages etc.]. That project has been "talked about" for at least the last 2 years if not 3. It's really a sad state of affairs.

How about a campaign involving the general public, get everyone involved instead of just large corporate asks?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    This university leads the country in pipe dreams when it comes to raising money for improvements. Cajun Field will continue to be the dump that it is for years to come. This university can't even raise $5 mill for the baseball facility [locker rooms, coaches offices, batting cages etc.]. That project has been "talked about" for at least the last 2 years if not 3. It's really a sad state of affairs.
    Kind of hard to do, when Development leader is based out of New Hampshire!

Tony had wanted that facility to be from former player funding. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I saw drawings from Tony for that very facility back in 2016......

7. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Tony had wanted that facility to be from former player funding. Has that changed?
    I think they donated to a statue instead.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think they donated to a statue instead.
    Yes, the seed money most definitely went to a statue, however, that was only a couple hundred thousand.

For those who did not listen to Jay's interview with Dr. Maggard, there is a huge elephant in the room: that being the unprecedented rise in the prices of materials. I think the price of the stadium improvements has risen like 30% in the last year. I can attest to this fact because I have been trying to build an outbuilding at my house and I have been watching materials rise. This is moving the target for fund raising. I think it will get started in 2023 but it will require more funding than originally was thought. Dr. Maggard also stated that fund raising did not end because of the departure of RCAF people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    For those who did not listen to Jay's interview with Dr. Maggard, there is a huge elephant in the room: that being the unprecedented rise in the prices of materials. I think the price of the stadium improvements has risen like 30% in the last year. I can attest to this fact because I have been trying to build an outbuilding at my house and I have been watching materials rise. This is moving the target for fund raising. I think it will get started in 2023 but it will require more funding than originally was thought. Dr. Maggard also stated that fund raising did not end because of the departure of RCAF people.
    I think "creative" financing or funding methods should be mentioned....its a new world out there today, nothing is normal...

I think we are due for a recession and the cost of materials will go down. Unfortunately, raising money won't get easier because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think we are due for a recession and the cost of materials will go down. Unfortunately, raising money won't get easier because of it.
    Don’t expect steel to go down any time soon.

This will only get worse…gotta ____ now or get off the pot.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field Construction

I was thinking about the state of the economy today and it landed me on this project. With the rising cost of fuel and materials the price tag of this project will increase. An increase in cost will mean a need for more donations. How many businesses and donors can donate more? The rising costs are hitting businesses and consumers alike. I'm not saying it isn't possible to get this project moving, I just think the current state of the economy will make it even more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The recession will help bring down costs, and so will time. We are still working though the COVID supply chain shock.

Also, as long as oil stays high (and I think it will) I don’t see Lafayette suffering like the rest of the country.

Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information