Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst . 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 . LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Any chance there will be a live camera so we can monitor progress?
    I would assume so, there was one for the Tigue.

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It was someone ACTUALLY "in the know"
    Feels like we should do a little after action review on this. I wonder what the motivation was for someone to spread false info.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Feels like we should do a little after action review on this. I wonder what the motivation was for someone to spread false info.
    I wasn't trying to pass on false information. I was told something by someone in touch with administration that was a bit concerning to me. I'm glad that info is incorrect. Thank you.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field update

I wasn't trying to pass on false information. I was told something by someone in touch with administration that was a bit concerning to me. I'm glad that info is incorrect. Thank you.
    . . . it has been said often here that the administration has no clue . . . pretty good confirmation . . .

Yeah, I wasn’t meaning that it was you. But someone who told you that had some motivation.

Are there any plans or drawings of the actual structure that is going to be built? I may have missed it throughout the many pages of conjecture. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Are there any plans or drawings of the actual structure that is going to be built? I may have missed it throughout the many pages of conjecture. Thanks in advance.
    No. A few posters in the know have came out and said the current drawings won’t exactly look like what was released when Billy was here.

Gonna be a damn fine stadium.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Any specifics that you can post of what was cut out of the original plan?

Don't listen to that person again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Any specifics that you can post of what was cut out of the original plan?
    I wouldn’t say cut out, I would say added to

One thing of note that I’ve seen here (and heard in interviews) is that the press box will no longer be on the west side. I had thought it was originally in the plans to be in the new west tower. So curious to see how this plays out for the east side renovation.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

I was speaking to one of our famous Alumni, Tuna Seither, the artist from New Orleans. For those of you not familiar with his work, www.tunaart.com. He will have two framed prints for auction at the Krewe Allons NIL Collective event tomorrow night. And I stated to him that we are going to be renovating Cajun Field over the next couple of years and he should work with the administration and the athletic department to do a print of the finished product in 2025. It would be great, he has done a couple of paintings for the SunBelt Conference including the first year of football in the conference and the first year of the conference championship and the coolest MVP trophy in the history of college football, the 2014 New Orleans Bowl MVP Trophy.

Tuna is an awesome guy and played Rugby on the UL Club Rugby team many years ago. He said he would love to do this. I am going to see if I can start the conversation between UL and Tuna to get this done.

Before anyone looks at his works and gets upset, he has done paintings of LSU and Tulane before, but remember he is a freelance artist.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I was speaking to one of our famous Alumni, Tuna Seither, the artist from New Orleans. For those of you not familiar with his work, www.tunaart.com. He will have two framed prints for auction at the Krewe Allons NIL Collective event tomorrow night. And I stated to him that we are going to be renovating Cajun Field over the next couple of years and he should work with the administration and the athletic department to do a print of the finished product in 2025. It would be great, he has done a couple of paintings for the SunBelt Conference including the first year of football in the conference and the first year of the conference championship and the coolest MVP trophy in the history of college football, the 2014 New Orleans Bowl MVP Trophy.

Tuna is an awesome guy and played Rugby on the UL Club Rugby team many years ago. He said he would love to do this. I am going to see if I can start the conversation between UL and Tuna to get this done.

Before anyone looks at his works and gets upset, he has done paintings of LSU and Tulane before, but remember he is a freelance artist.
    The toothpick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    One thing of note that I’ve seen here (and heard in interviews) is that the press box will no longer be on the west side. I had thought it was originally in the plans to be in the new west tower. So curious to see how this plays out for the east side renovation.
    I was wondering after Jay had mentioned they would be in a new press box on the east, why they don't go ahead and start on the east and build everything there first. Then when they finish they can tear down the west tower and everyone moves to the new press box. Idk I'm not a construction guy so I'll let y'all handle all that

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I was wondering after Jay had mentioned they would be in a new press box on the east, why they don't go ahead and start on the east and build everything there first. Then when they finish they can tear down the west tower and everyone moves to the new press box. Idk I'm not a construction guy so I'll let y'all handle all that
    From what I understand, the east side will include some classroom/ educational space on the backside of the press box and this might take place slightly after the west side due to how financing is structured

Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst . 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 . LastLast

Thread Information