Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1310

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    According to some sources here, there will also be a new structure on the east side. The uninformed passerbys will be thrown for a loop
    I heard its going to be a huge mirror that will reflect the seats on the home side lower level so passerbys will know there are seats down there.

We know something will happen soon. UL system is set to approve demo of the upper deck at their meeting next Friday.

Another tidbit. Looks like UL is approved to borrow up to $15,600,000 in bonds to finance construction. The money to pay back is not coming from premium seating. Money comes from fees collected by the school.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I heard its going to be a huge mirror that will reflect the seats on the home side lower level so passerbys will know there are seats down there.
    Hmmm. Mirrored glass on the eastside press box could be an option

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    We know something will happen soon. UL system is set to approve demo of the upper deck at their meeting next Friday.

Another tidbit. Looks like UL is approved to borrow up to $15,600,000 in bonds to finance construction. The money to pay back is not coming from premium seating. Money comes from fees collected by the school.
    That's great news

Anybody got an account to read this article?

It’s CollegeAD. I think Cody Junot does work for them. Reputable I think

https://x.com/collegead/status/16947.VaYnKwE8mYQn9A

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    It’s CollegeAD. I think Cody Junot does work for them. Reputable I think
    Correct, very reputable.

The following was approved by ULS today:

University of Louisiana: approval of the amendment to the contract of Mr. Gerald Glasco, Jr., Head Softball Coach, effective August 24, 2023.

University of Louisiana: approval of a Contract for Employment with Mr. Robert Marlin, Head Men’s Basketball Coach, effective April 1, 2024.

University of Louisiana: approval of a contract with Ms. Stephanie Vallejos, Head Women’s Tennis Coach, effective June 1, 2023.

University of Louisiana: approval of amended Contracts for Employment for various Assistant Football Coaches, effective August 24, 2023.

University of Louisiana: approval to enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement for the acquisition of 810 Vortex Drive, New Iberia, Louisiana, from Mr. Gregory A. Chitwood.

University of Louisiana: approval for the execution of leases between the Board, on behalf of the University, and Ragin’ Cajun Facilities, Inc., a private 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, in connection with the lease and leaseback of a portion of the University’s campus to finance cost of the design, development, equipping, renovation, reconstruction, and construction of football stadium seating improvements and related facilities.

University of Louisiana: approval to demolish Cajun Field Football Stadium – West Tower and seating structure.

University of Louisiana: approval of the Cooperative Agreement Addendum No. 1, effective September 1, 2022.

University of Louisiana: approval to continue the appointment of Dr. Paula Montgomery as Interim Dean of the College of Education effective July 1, 2023.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

So we can now interview Gunner about his new pitching responsibilities. Great

So is this actually happening? Like in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So is this actually happening? Like in real life?
    It sure is. I think people are gonna be extremely happy with what they are doing to the stadium. Fan friendly and a hell of a lot more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It sure is. I think people are gonna be extremely happy with what they are doing to the stadium. Fan friendly and a hell of a lot more comfortable.
    8K in a 40K stadium will always feel comfortable. This project must get Acadiana excited. One shot to get it right.

For those who want to watch the presentation to the ULS board (starts around 56:00ish):

https://www.youtube.com/live/bLJNtjg.mtunSFB_vbEv5r

Word on the street is we still don't have plans for the remodel and funding is not there. I'm not too hopeful it gets done after this year. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Word on the street is we still don't have plans for the remodel and funding is not there. I'm not too hopeful it gets done after this year. Sigh.
    Stop listening to jmv

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Stop listening to jmv
    It was someone ACTUALLY "in the know"

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast

Thread Information