Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Damn so we pretty much getting a whole new stadium…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Damn so we pretty much getting a whole new stadium…
    Yes, that’s what it seams to be. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    They are not doing anything to the south endzone. They are changing the slope and getting everything up to code on the west side first then the east side. Once done all the slopes and seating will look like the SEZ except the new chair back seats.
    I thought that was understood. Of course the South end zone will not be touched. I didn’t read Express’s post clearly.

Hoping the chairbacks are more Russo Park sized than Cajundome reno sized.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    A few questions if these can be answered now:

1. What is being done with the NEZ? Will it be bowled, have more symmetrical balance with the stadium or remain untouched? If it remains a grassy area, would they put artificial turf to give it a better look?
    2. What about the athletic offices, restaurant, etc. that were to be added to the stadium, presumably behind the press box? When will current offices be demolished?
    3. Are there still plans to build a quad where the current offices are, once removed, perhaps a mini-version of the on-campus quad with the FDL?
    4. Will there be a new facade around the stadium?
    5. Are there plans for a new mega-scoreboard?
    6. Will there be new turf?
    7. Are there plans to do anything with landscaping around the stadium and replacing the old, cracking cement walkways and parking that give it an old, worn-out look? For that matter, how about some landscaping around the whole athletic complex?
    Can anyone provide answers?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Can anyone provide answers?
    Any answers can only be given based on the latest news: Some of your questions haven't ben brought up in a long time and things may have changed. And, someone else on here may know more than I.

1. No change to NEZ

2. The plan has been for the West tower to house athletic offices. The West tower will be a whole lot deeper than what we have now. The parking lot closest to the current tower will no longer exist. That's a lot of offices. Obviously, the Cox building can't be demolished until everyone is relocated into the tower. Even then, it won't happen the next day or anything like that.

3. That's the third phase. Some of us older folks may not be here if all that happens. That's a long term project (always depending on money.)

4. You won't recognize the west side at all, just as Russo Park looks nothing like the old Tigue.

5. Yes. It's not included in the price tag for the renovation. Separate project 5-6 million dollars.

6. Since the turf was installed it has been replaced in sections as needed. I imagine that will continue.

7. Sure. But again, everything takes time.

Someone can correct me if any of this info is wrong. But don't sit around in Houston waiting for everything to be completed. Some of these things, if they happen, are several years down the road.

The West Side. The scoreboard. The relocation of athletic offices. Those are the priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Any answers can only be given based on the latest news: Some of your questions haven't ben brought up in a long time and things may have changed. And, someone else on here may know more than I.

1. No change to NEZ

2. The plan has been for the West tower to house athletic offices. The West tower will be a whole lot deeper than what we have now. The parking lot closest to the current tower will no longer exist. That's a lot of offices. Obviously, the Cox building can't be demolished until everyone is relocated into the tower. Even then, it won't happen the next day or anything like that.

3. That's the third phase. Some of us older folks may not be here if all that happens. That's a long term project (always depending on money.)

4. You won't recognize the west side at all, just as Russo Park looks nothing like the old Tigue.

5. Yes. It's not included in the price tag for the renovation. Separate project 5-6 million dollars.

6. Since the turf was installed it has been replaced in sections as needed. I imagine that will continue.

Someone can correct me if any of this info is wrong. But don't sit around in Houston waiting for everything to be completed. Some of these things, if they happen, are several years down the road.

The West Side. The scoreboard. The relocation of athletic offices. Those are the priorities.
    We just got state funding for the east side so that’s going to change things up a bit. Everything is still preliminary, but the athletic offices and the press box will move from the west side to the east side which will allow us to add more suites & hospitality.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think new turf is part of the renovation plans. With that said, it is near the end of its life. And with the press box moving to the east side, the midfield logo will have to be flipped. So I imagine they’ll be looking to replace it in the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I prefer Appetite For Destruction.
    Don’t we all?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I but You Could Be Mine is their best song.
    Man, it’s either Civil War or Mr. Brownstone for me.

From what I know about the current renovations. Yes, the plural on "renovations" was intentional:

1. No change to NEZ
    Correct
    Everyone from Cox will move to the East side. West side will not contain any offices or a restaurant.
    Once the East side project is done and the people in Cox can move to the East side; then demo begins. There will be a plaza where Cox is currently located; Reinhardt will be connected again.
    Correct on new facades once renovations are complete. SEZ facade will stay the same.
    I haven't heard any firm details about this like I have about the renovations. I will need to track this further.
    You know better than I.
    All ramps into the stadium are being redone as part of the renovations. Both sides will have landscaping. Don't expect any fancy landscaping work though; that's always the first thing to get cut.

West Side, East Side, scoreboard are the priorities. In that order. Some may be done earlier than others, but that will be due to funding sources, design time, and construction durations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    From what I know about the current renovations. Yes, the plural on "renovations" was intentional:

CorrectEveryone from Cox will move to the East side. West side will not contain any offices or a restaurant.Once the East side project is done and the people in Cox can move to the East side; then demo begins. There will be a plaza where Cox is currently located; Reinhardt will be connected again. Correct on new facades once renovations are complete. SEZ facade will stay the same.I haven't heard any firm details about this like I have about the renovations. I will need to track this further.You know better than I.All ramps into the stadium are being redone as part of the renovations. Both sides will have landscaping. Don't expect any fancy landscaping work though; that's always the first thing to get cut.

West Side, East Side, scoreboard are the priorities. In that order. Some may be done earlier than others, but that will be due to funding sources, design time, and construction durations.
    Listen to this guy, BeauCajun and Cjr3888 only when it comes to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post

CorrectEveryone from Cox will move to the East side. West side will not contain any offices or a restaurant.Once the East side project is done and the people in Cox can move to the East side; then demo begins. There will be a plaza where Cox is currently located; Reinhardt will be connected again. Correct on new facades once renovations are complete. SEZ facade will stay the same.I haven't heard any firm details about this like I have about the renovations. I will need to track this further.You know better than I.All ramps into the stadium are being redone as part of the renovations. Both sides will have landscaping. Don't expect any fancy landscaping work though; that's always the first thing to get cut.

Wow. That sounds like a huge upgrade all around .

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Wow. That sounds like a huge upgrade all around .
    I wonder how much it costs? Probably over a billion?

14. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkker View Post
    I wonder how much it costs? Probably over a billion?
    Sounds about right, give or take a few peso dineros.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Construction thru when? 2030 would be my guess.

Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread Information