Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

. . . with patience this will all be fun . . . just ask Dr Fun . . . progress is nearing every day . . .

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Interesting. So based on this comment-original lower bowl to be replaced too?
    Correct. Bringing the whole stadium up to ADA standards.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    This sounds like a $200+ Million project! I’m assuming some state funding is required? Sorry for all the questions I’m just really curious, and excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This sounds like a $200+ Million project! I’m assuming some state funding is required? Sorry for all the questions I’m just really curious, and excited.
    You have to have a plan to always move forward. Hopefully it’ll be in the short term.

It will remain on the east side. Sorry for the confusion.

Basically nothing that was originally Cajun Field back in 1970 will remain except the tunnel and north levee.
    A few questions if these can be answered now:

1. What is being done with the NEZ? Will it be bowled, have more symmetrical balance with the stadium or remain untouched? If it remains a grassy area, would they put artificial turf to give it a better look?
    2. What about the athletic offices, restaurant, etc. that were to be added to the stadium, presumably behind the press box? When will current offices be demolished?
    3. Are there still plans to build a quad where the current offices are, once removed, perhaps a mini-version of the on-campus quad with the FDL?
    4. Will there be a new facade around the stadium?
    5. Are there plans for a new mega-scoreboard?
    6. Will there be new turf?
    7. Are there plans to do anything with landscaping around the stadium and replacing the old, cracking cement walkways and parking that give it an old, worn-out look? For that matter, how about some landscaping around the whole athletic complex?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not sure where you got that info but demolition is to
    start after this season, not renovation. They will announce/release when everything is finalized and opportune time for excitement. You will be negative about it regardless so it doesn’t really matter when they announce it. Why would they unveil this in the middle of the summer? You don’t release something like this in the summer, that would be horrible marketing. Dr Maggard has only explained this about 6 times in different interviews in the last 2-3 weeks.
    Reno and demo is the same thing. The process has started.
    The fact that i have been a rabid UL supporter for 45 years is the reason why i think the way i think. Ever heard the term USLing it?
    And yes, you release new information now. Before you start a season ticket drive that's the carrot one would use to entice new ticket holders and generate excitement. You don't wait till the drive is almost over to start. It's called generating excitement and creating a sense of urgency. The way you speak suggests you work for the University which would explain your short-sighted vision.

Thank you for that info. Cost aside- this should be a nice upgrade to allow better seat spacing

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Thank you for that info. Cost aside- this should be a nice upgrade to allow better seat spacing
    Correct. And like the end zone seating we’ll need to adjust the slope of the steps/seating.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    The fact that i have been a rabid UL supporter for 45 years is the reason why i think the way i think. Ever heard the term USLing it?
    And yes, you release new information now. Before you start a season ticket drive that's the carrot one would use to entice new ticket holders and generate excitement. You don't wait till the drive is almost over to start. It's called generating excitement and creating a sense of urgency. The way you speak suggests you work for the University which would explain your short-sighted vision.
    actually not the same at all, you have to demo it before you renovate it. I dont work for the university in any capacity, ive just listened to dr maggard explain it 6 times recently and undertsand the process. They arent building this for the 2023 season ticket drive, how short sighted would that be? seriously? The last guy that put the cart before the horse on a stadium build got fired for it, i dont think Dr MAgagrd would make the same mistake.

actually not the same at all, you have to demo it before you renovate it. I dont work for the university in any capacity, ive just listened to dr maggard explain it 6 times recently and undertsand the process. They arent building this for the 2023 season ticket drive, how short sighted would that be? seriously? The last guy that put the cart before the horse on a stadium build got fired for it, i dont think Dr MAgagrd would make the same mistake.
    I sure hope they don’t renovate them demo it. That would be bad bad.

It will remain on the east side. Sorry for the confusion.

Basically nothing that was originally Cajun Field back in 1970 will remain except the tunnel and north levee.
    Noice.

Thanks, man.

Yes, thank you Capt. Obvious. Demo or Reno the process is the process. It's the start of the project. I have owned and operated businesses for 25 years dealing with marketing professionals and your way of thinking is USLing it. You market the anticipated groundbreaking followed up by a bigger marketing campaign for the grand opening. It doesn't matter how many times Dr. Maggard has said it, if the average fan doesn't know about it it's a failure on the university for not generate the necessary excitement.

Don't know why I am telling you this because I'm sure you already knew this. Right?

Reno and Demo is not even close to being the same thing.

14. Default Re: Cajun Field update

. . . everybody knows they first cousins once removed . . .

Yes, thank you Capt. Obvious. Demo or Reno the process is the process. It's the start of the project. I have owned and operated businesses for 25 years dealing with marketing professionals and your way of thinking is USLing it. You market the anticipated groundbreaking followed up by a bigger marketing campaign for the grand opening. It doesn't matter how many times Dr. Maggard has said it, if the average fan doesn't know about it it's a failure on the university for not generate the necessary excitement.

Don't know why I am telling you this because I'm sure you already knew this. Right?
    Have you been in the construction business for 25 years?

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread Information