Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yeah, that is what I was alluding to a couple of months back on my comment don't expect the stadium to look like the drawings. I think, overall, this is a good thing.
    Very interesting development. I’m curious how this will affect the new ribbon board that was just installed. Will it go above that?

This may make the stadium look more “finished” having this on visitor side in front of the wall

2. Default Re: Cajun Field update

. . . be careful what you ask for, you might get it . . . I believe this update falls right into that category . . .

Interesting for sure. I think I like the idea. Let it sink in a bit.

Okay think I find an example? If they going to do it it needs to be like this !! I would not turn the field where the logo’s are facing the visitor side, but if they do I guess I get it. Have the suites and stuff on the home side, and the press box and media on the visitor side?

Name:  IMG_5416.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  215.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    If reno is to start immediately after the last game of this season as per the university, they should by now have a final conceptual drawing of what the stadium will look like once completed. The fact that we are only four and a half months away from the last game of the 2023 football season and there has not been any public announcement to the media or any renderings released should tell you a lot about if and when this project will ever get off the ground.
    Not sure where you got that info but demolition is to
    start after this season, not renovation. They will announce/release when everything is finalized and opportune time for excitement. You will be negative about it regardless so it doesn’t really matter when they announce it. Why would they unveil this in the middle of the summer? You don’t release something like this in the summer, that would be horrible marketing. Dr Maggard has only explained this about 6 times in different interviews in the last 2-3 weeks.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    start after this season, not renovation. They will announce/release when everything is finalized and opportune time for excitement. You will be negative about it regardless so it doesn’t really matter when they announce it. Why would they unveil this in the middle of the summer? You don’t release something like this in the summer, that would be horrible marketing. Dr Maggard has only explained this about 6 times in different interviews in the last 2-3 weeks.
    . . . all you read about here is horrible marketing . . . why would you expect anything different from here . . . get your cheese out, get your cheese out . . .

7. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Does that mean the visiting team will now be on the “home” side? Can’t imagine we’d put our boys in the sun like that.
    Easy solution.

Louisiana Saturday Nights

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Summer buzz is the best buzz for fall season ticket sales.

Month of, week of, day of are increasingly ineffective.

9. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Easy solution.

Louisiana Saturday Nights
    . . . definitely diminishes the effect of the sun . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . all you read about here is horrible marketing . . . why would you expect anything different from here . . . get your cheese out, get your cheese out . . .
    Releasing this in the middle of the summer with nobody listening would be horrible marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Summer buzz is the best buzz for fall season ticket sales.

Month of, week of, day of are increasingly ineffective.
    They Shoulda bought a commercial during the weenie throating contest on July 4th.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Releasing this in the middle of the summer with nobody listening would be horrible marketing.
    . . . there are generally a few hundred or two here listening while 5 or 20 people or commenting . . . maybe not quite the splash you were expecting, but listening some . . .

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

You dont just do it once.

You start now and never quit.

There is no such thing as nobody listening.

For every single person, the first time you hear it, is the first time you hear it.

So reading through this newest update, is it feasible the new east side press box construction could happen simultaneously with demo of the west side upper deck???

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    So reading through this newest update, is it feasible the new east side press box construction could happen simultaneously with demo of the west side upper deck???
    There will be a temporary pressbox located on the student side during west side construction. Once home side construction is complete, hopefully we have all funding approved to do a complete redo on the student side which will include an academic building.

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread Information