Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    That’s exactly what is happening. The press box in stadiums are on the camera side always. The new press box will be on the student side along with the cameras and on the new turf the logo will be facing opposite of the home side.
    Wow!!! Okay will the Suites be on the home side, but we are adding a press box to the student side?

If the suits and all that are going on the student side that is the worst idea ever !
    If that is the case we need to take down the lights and put the lights on the press box

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Correct!
    Yep. Changed last month. It’ll be for the better except for you guys looking into the sun.

Man is there anyway someone can show an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Man is there anyway someone can show an example?
    I don't think anyone knows how the press box will look like on the student side. It's a fairly recent development from what I know.

Can't speculate if it will be something as nice as the west/home side reno, or something more utilitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yep. Changed last month. It’ll be for the better except for you guys looking into the sun.
    Yeah, that is what I was alluding to a couple of months back on my comment don't expect the stadium to look like the drawings. I think, overall, this is a good thing.

Okay so I am trying to wrap my head around this. The Suites and all of that will still be on the home side, but we are just adding a press box to the visitor side, and we are turning the field where the logos and stuff are facing the visitor side?

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    That’s exactly what is happening. The press box in stadiums are on the camera side always. The new press box will be on the student side along with the cameras and on the new turf the logo will be facing opposite of the home side.
    Wow! I sir will stand corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You may want to check your sources. It was as of 2 weeks ago.
    Just blows my mind but it’s the right decision. I’ve been saying for a while now we need to rotate the field 180°. It will look SO MUCH BETTER on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    You are probably wrong on this one.
    So it looks that way! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    So it looks that way! Lol
    No worries, I am wrong a lot. More than I like to admit. Geaux Cajuns!

11. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Wow! I sir will stand corrected!
    ….Will the home side(one closest to tailgating) have an upper deck? Will the existing one stay?

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Will the home side(one closest to tailgating) have an upper deck? Will the existing one stay?
    Don’t worry Boom, nothing will change in Deridder . . .

Does that mean the visiting team will now be on the “home” side? Can’t imagine we’d put our boys in the sun like that.

Not sure if press box being on the visitor side will guarantee TV will set there.

Case study: Tulane. Pressbox is on visitor side, TV booth on home side. Was told TV likes being on home side, plus issues with the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Not sure if press box being on the visitor side will guarantee TV will set there.

Case study: Tulane. Pressbox is on visitor side, TV booth on home side. Was told TV likes being on home side, plus issues with the sun.
    TV will be on the visitor side. All of the media will be on the visitor's side.

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information