Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

Default Re: Cajun Field update

We came in for Mardi Gras this year and watched the Monday parade from Atrmosphere and had a great time, the crowd was nice the floats were great, the people were not rowdy. I rode as a guest in Gabriel Mardi Gras morning and all of the crowds were well behaved and lots of families just out enjoying the day. I saw no problems at all only one person who was making rude gesures to the floats and it appeared that his mother snatched him up for being a stupid punk.

Monday night after the parade we went to RocknBowl and watch the band and let my daughter get a taste of good Cajun music and my wife and daugter watched the parade on Johnston yesterday and had a great time and everyone around them was great. Overall I'd say Lafayette does a great job on Mardi Gras and it is a nice change since I don't do New Orleans Mardi Gras anymore

This just made me sick if all UL is getting is 8k out of this deal. https://gomardigrasrv.com/

3. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This just made me sick if all UL is getting is 8k out of this deal. https://gomardigrasrv.com/
    IF true, somebody SOLD OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I saw this the other day and didn't want to post it because it just seemed so unbelievable. So, we will generate more for parking at one football game (just the parking) than UL gets for the entire Mardi Gras weekend for all of the parking and RV spots.

Make no mistake, yesterday was the first issue we've ever really had. And it really was just about some unconscious, entitled yayhoos.

Its really just a big tailgating event for us. Nothing different from football season.

Ran the numbers. If RV spots were really sold out, and the price and number of spots is as advertised, that’s $156,600 just in RV spots alone.

Can’t even begin to fathom how many cars park there, but $20 a car probably raises a good bit of cash

6. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Wait until y'all find out just how much we get fleeced by the Car Show

Hint: It's worse than Mardi Gras.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

All contracts have been requested.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

IIRC, it's not individual Car Dealerships making the payments. It's the association.

9. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Reselling your land, is slightly different than selling my product on your land.

I said this 5 years ago, and I’ll say it again today.

We treat our property like a recycling bin. Making a grand total of $20,000 from the car show and Mardi Gras combined proves we don’t know how to create value with what we have.

CF is a prime location in town. If only we knew how to capitalize on that.

IIRC, it's not individual Car Dealerships making the payments. It's the association.
    Guarantee the leaders of that association as well as the SW Mardi Gras org all spend their dollars across the basin too, while getting a brother-in-law deal to park on UL's property.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Guarantee the leaders of that association as well as the SW Mardi Gras org all spend their dollars across the basin too, while getting a brother-in-law deal to park on UL's property.
    I can affirm this, with more than one person involved. Like Victory said, we have no interest in maximizing our assets. Wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Especially the people taking advantage of UL.

13. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I said this 5 years ago, and I’ll say it again today.

We treat our property like a recycling bin. Making a grand total of $20,000 from the car show and Mardi Gras combined proves we don’t know how to create value with what we have.

CF is a prime location in town. If only we knew how to capitalize on that.
    5 years ago someone in charge in fact heard you and interpreted your statement to be an edict to make up the difference on fans with a fixed income.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    All contracts have been requested.
    FOIA?

I can affirm this, with more than one person involved. Like Victory said, we have no interest in maximizing our assets. Wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Especially the people taking advantage of UL.
    How is the university being taken advantage of? Just curious.

Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information