Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Construction

1. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    A new stadium will not increase attendance. Lafayette as a whole does not care about UL sports.
    That can change.

Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I generally quit doing business with an organization that treats It’s customers like UL treats them.
    I’m headed in that direction. Generally disgusted with RCC 2.0.

3. Default Re: Cajun Field update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I get it but would you rather the status quo? Complete radio silence?
    I would rather this.

BeauCajun, Cajun_lannister, and C4L have been telling you guys for a while that it will be a while before anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Caught that government speak for “don’t know”, eh. At least this can be called “transparent”.

I’ll go out on a limb here. Engineering and design on the Lafayette I-49 Connector completed before CF breaks ground.
    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.7d951.amp.html

Thinking this is a good slogan for a project timetable. “In most of your lifetimes.”

6. Default Re: Cajun Field update

What I would like to see is a complete teardown of the upper deck.

Have a season without suites.

Have a makeshift media booth.

Let CajunField feel packed and then make final decisions on design.

Why wait until after next season? Come mid summer time we should have an idea whether or not we are tearing down at the conclusion of the season. Hard questions need to be asked no later than July.
    But they will be wanting RCAF and ticket money long before mid summer.

8. Default Re: Cajun Field update

This thread and the reactions are why we can’t have nice things . . .

another big middle finger to the fanbase. 6 years of design 6 years of fundraising. emails for seats moving. total dysfunction at every level of the university.

wait until the holidays and dump info on a disappearing fanbase. genius work martin hall. oh and this is the message. 'its not happening until at least 2023' this message says nothing about why how or what. want to know why people dont support this program this is another good example

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    A new stadium will not increase attendance. Lafayette as a whole does not care about UL sports.
    He'll, UL doesn't care about UL sports, why should Lafayette.so obvious

We ask for some form of transparency…when we get it everyone is upset. Should be no surprise here but at least they are talking to us.
    Stating the obvious is not transparency. What they are saying is, "don't bother me kid". Transparency would be something like, "this is why it's taking so long"

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Stating the obvious is not transparency. What they are saying is, "don't bother me kid". Transparency would be something like, "this is why it's taking so long"
    That’s a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s how they built the Lake Ponchatrain Causeway. 24 plus miles in sections. They didn’t pour any concrete in place. Built the section and moved them.
    The idea of sections for this as I understand isn’t like that…it’s piecemeal, not the whole 5.5 miles at one time.

Thought about various scenarios…build one side then the other…build flyway then ramps later…build connector…surface roads later.

Last time I asked DOTD about it, could start somewhere between ‘24 and ‘26.

State of Louisiana promising a lot of BIG projects…Lafayette Connector…LC I-10 bridge, new Mississippi Bridge south of BR…seems 49 thru Shreveport isn’t being mentioned anymore. Having driven the 220 loop to 49 north, is that really a priority anymore? Seems a rebuild of LA 3132 is in play instead of running 49 near downtown Shreveport.

https://www.i49shreveport.com/

CM may be in a position to speak to this better than I.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    another big middle finger to the fanbase. 6 years of design 6 years of fundraising. emails for seats moving. total dysfunction at every level of the university.

wait until the holidays and dump info on a disappearing fanbase. genius work martin hall. oh and this is the message. 'its not happening until at least 2023' this message says nothing about why how or what. want to know why people dont support this program this is another good example
    A middle finger to the fan base? No, if anything it’s the opposite.

Fan bases who pony up tens of millions of dollars to fund stadium projects can feel entitled to sit in new stadiums. We are not one of those fan bases. We aren’t entitled to sit in a fancy stadium because at the end of the day we didn’t pony up the money for it.

I assure you that if we had done our part shovels would have been in the ground long ago. The fact that we didn’t meant it took much longer for UL to come up with $60 million — which is no small task. And of course COVID, construction costs, etc. only complicated things further.

The project is going to get done because the people you are trashing were privately working their tails off behind the scenes to turn lemons into lemonade.

15. Default Re: Cajun Field update

reality check by rebel . . . all you posters giving peanuts want a $60mm funded on the backs of others . . .

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information