Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hula Bowl: LL1

Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lewis had already came out and said he was going to work. Wanted to use his civil engineering degree or go into coaching.

If he wants to do civil work he needs to find a job and start working on getting his PE rather soon.
    He does not have a civil engineering degree. He got out of engineering his freshman year. His degree is in General Studies.

2. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    He does not have a civil engineering degree. He got out of engineering his freshman year. His degree is in General Studies.
    Ooofff, he might ought to get that invite to the combine . . . or he might be working on a combine . . .

In that case, the CFL might look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Bravo! Bravo! You're unabashed personal hatred for me & desire to prove me wrong even at the expense of your own love for your personal team is manifested beyond measure in this post. I tip my cap young man. But in all of your I'm gonna show why your wrong mumbo jumbo, you didn't manage to give one single good, or even solid reason why Levi Lewis should not be invited to the NFL combine.
    Mr. Wagon,

Please do not equate a poster's view of reality as being a desire to slight the school or the player. The simple reality is that both Louisiana and Levi have serious limitations. Some of those limitations can be alleviated or even abolished through hard work over time; others are inherent. To acknowledge such, does not mean that the poster does not wish the school or the player well, it is simply facing reality.

The reality is that Levi will not play in the NFL; the reality is that he might very well not even be drafted; the reality is, he will not be invited to the combine. I wish these facts were not so, but wishing them away will not make them disappear.

I am been a verbal supported of Lewis on this board. However, the simple fact is that, when assessing talent, Lewis was an above average G5 quarterback and an average QB for Div. 1 as a whole.

This is not at all a slight on the young man. In fact, it is a testament to his many other qualities, that he was for more successful than his physical abilities would have predicted. And, those other qualities will stand him in much better stead in his adult, professional life than how tall he was, or how mobile, or his (in)ability to hit a medium pass over the middle.

The things that make Levi great can’t be measured at a combine.

6. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The things that make Levi great can’t be measured at a combine.
    Soooo true.

7. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Mr. Wagon,

Couldn’t have said it better.
    Please do not equate a poster's view of reality as being a desire to slight the school or the player. The simple reality is that both Louisiana and Levi have serious limitations. Some of those limitations can be alleviated or even abolished through hard work over time; others are inherent. To acknowledge such, does not mean that the poster does not wish the school or the player well, it is simply facing reality.

The reality is that Levi will not play in the NFL; the reality is that he might very well not even be drafted; the reality is, he will not be invited to the combine. I wish these facts were not so, but wishing them away will not make them disappear.

I am been a verbal supported of Lewis on this board. However, the simple fact is that, when assessing talent, Lewis was an above average G5 quarterback and an average QB for Div. 1 as a whole.

This is not at all a slight on the young man. In fact, it is a testament to his many other qualities, that he was for more successful than his physical abilities would have predicted. And, those other qualities will stand him in much better stead in his adult, professional life than how tall he was, or how mobile, or his (in)ability to hit a medium pass over the middle.

8. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Once again, you're missing the point. Your personal dislike for me is letting everything I'm saying fly right over your head. IF I were the King of the NFL. And IF I were doing a talent show. I would want to amass ALL of the MOST talented players & ask them to go up against each other in this talent show to see first hand what here is to like/dislike about each one personally. You can't do that in a game. You can in a talent show. A guy can do anything he wants at home with his guy catching the ball. Everyone is equal in the talent show at the combine. IF I'm Mr. NFL that's what I would like to see. Not having the winningest QB the past three seasons who also happens to be one of the most prolific college QBs in NCAA history is robbing ME of that chance, not just the player. Is your disdain for me still confusing you?
    Facts just elude you don’t they.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Facts just elude you don’t they.
    That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen today.

10. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen today.
    …..Is he in grad school at UL? Why don’t journalists _do some interesting coverage about his future? I was in NO and the entire Advocate is LSU and I mean in the slightest details! So frustrating to go R-1 and get in the top 20ish in college football and we can’t get any real coverage of our success and then NIL COMES ALONG!

Geezus! Dude cant shut tf up on the radio, and cant shut tf up on this board either. Imagine him in the car on a long road trip! Just shoot me!

12. UL Football Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Is he in grad school at UL? Why don’t journalists _do some interesting coverage about his future? I was in NO and the entire Advocate is LSU and I mean in the slightest details! So frustrating to go R-1 and get in the top 20ish in college football and we can’t get any real coverage of our success and then NIL COMES ALONG!
    Boomer you really need to join the 21st century. That’s where the players we recruit live. You know the social media. Almost none read the daily fish wrap.

I do understand your frustration with the newspaper, and I concur that you are right. Still even more important is to understand that the sports aren’t really news, but hype to sell the paper. It’s going to be about what they think the readers want to read.

Think of the garden and social sections. They’re not about how Joe the plumber spends his Saturday, it’s about the coming out of Miss Big Bucks debutant event at the Audubon Park Pavilion.

13. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Boomer you really need to join the 21st century. That’s where the players we recruit live. You know the social media. Almost none read the daily fish wrap.

I do understand your frustration with the newspaper, and I concur that you are right. Still even more important is to understand that the sports aren’t really news, but hype to sell the paper. It’s going to be about what they think the readers want to read.

Think of the garden and social sections. They’re not about how Joe the plumber spends his Saturday, it’s about the coming out of Miss Big Bucks debutant event at the Audubon Park Pavilion.
    …..Advice taken….but can I still get the Abbeville Meridonal? What about TV viewing? God I hate research, but with the statistical facts, how do we spread the word? And no doubt more importantly, how do we get the public to absorb the UL story?

Dang I could have sworn I saw him summer interning with a local engineer firm

15. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Dang I could have sworn I saw him summer interning with a local engineer firm
    Wasn’t he at Fenstermaker . . .

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information