Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hula Bowl: LL1

Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Well I guess I need to go back further than 2010 to find the 28 players. Here is what I know, these are invites not people who actually performed at the Combine.

2010 18 QB's
    2011 18 QB's
    2012 19 QB's
    2013 16 QB's
    2014 19 QB's
    2015 14 QB's
    2016 18 QB's
    2017 15 QB's
    2018 19 QB's
    2019 17 QB's
    2020 17 QB's
    2021 18 QB's
    Keep looking. You'll find it.

2. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And NONE of those QBs had as prolific & proven college career as Levi Had. NOT ONE.

How tall was Doug Flutie & how long did he play in the NFL? And don't give me the 5'10 BS because I took a picture with the guy one time & I'm two inches taller than he is & I'm not 5'10". But he wasn't invited to the combine either. You are using the worst possible excuse the NFL has for not inviting a player of Levi's magnitude with the impact Levi has had on his little part of the college football world as leverage & trying to justify their miserable thinking. Then you wonder why that thinking is always pointed against schools like the one you follow & act as though there is some way to overcome that mindless mentality. You should be on my side of the fence on this one.
    Yes, I am using the worst possible excuse, past performance as an indicator. I think that is actually the best possible excuse. If they have not done it, why would they start now.

Vernon Adams JR was 35-9 as a starter with 13,081 yards 136 TD's and 37 INTS, he also rushed for 1352 yards in his career.

Russell Wilson while he did not have the wins that LL did, threw for 109 TD's and 30 INTs while throwing for 11,720 yards and rushing for 1427.

Blake Sims, who might I add was drafted as a RB only started 1 year at Alabama

Kyler Murray in 3 years threw for 10,386 yards, rushed for 4,139, had 117 TD's and 22 Ints.

Levi Lewis threw for 9,203 yards, with 74 TD's vs 18 Int's. He rushed for 1283 yards.

Kyler Murray went 12-2 as a starter at OU and finished 4th in the AP poll.

I think you can compare all of these guys numbers and see that while LL had good numbers, these guys played on the highest levels and had as good as or better numbers.

3. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Keep looking. You'll find it.
    OK you were right, 1 time in the history of the NFL combine (2006) they invited 25 QB's to the NFL combine. only 5 times ever have they invited more than 20 and those numbers are 24, 21,20, 21 and the aforementioned 25. They have not had more than 20 since 2009 when they had 21. They on average invite as many Tight End's as QB's.

And again that is not how many perform, that is how many are invited, usually you have a number that chose either not to perform at all or only perform certain events. So if they had 25 invited, chances are less than 20 actually performed at the combine.

Yes, I am using the worst possible excuse, past performance as an indicator. I think that is actually the best possible excuse. If they have not done it, why would they start now.

Vernon Adams JR was 35-9 as a starter with 13,081 yards 136 TD's and 37 INTS, he also rushed for 1352 yards in his career.

Russell Wilson while he did not have the wins that LL did, threw for 109 TD's and 30 INTs while throwing for 11,720 yards and rushing for 1427.

Blake Sims, who might I add was drafted as a RB only started 1 year at Alabama

Kyler Murray in 3 years threw for 10,386 yards, rushed for 4,139, had 117 TD's and 22 Ints.

Levi Lewis threw for 9,203 yards, with 74 TD's vs 18 Int's. He rushed for 1283 yards.

Kyler Murray went 12-2 as a starter at OU and finished 4th in the AP poll.

I think you can compare all of these guys numbers and see that while LL had good numbers, these guys played on the highest levels and had as good as or better numbers.
    The QBs you mentioned had solid numbers which showed they should be invited to the combine. This isn't an invite to a new years six day bowl game. It's a talent scouting event. Why would you not want a guy who's numbers are just as good, or better than anyone else's you just posted if you were doing a talent scouting event? Obviously the guy has talent. Just keep working. You'll figure out why Levi isn't good enough to be invited to a talent scouting event when ALL of the reasons you are miserably attempting to use as counselor at large for the NFL combine are actually reasons one with any interest in this type of event would think you'd want to invite the guy in & see how he stacks up against other guys doing the same events first hand. But maybe you're right. it's just another ____ show, not really meant to do what it's supposed mission statement would be & that is to actually scout out the best possible prospects for the NFL in the future.

5. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

The QBs you mentioned had solid numbers which showed they should be invited to the combine. This isn't an invite to a new years six day bowl game. It's a talent scouting event. Why would you not want a guy who's numbers are just as good, or better than anyone else's you just posted if you were doing a talent scouting event? Obviously the guy has talent. Just keep working. You'll figure out why Levi isn't good enough to be invited to a talent scouting event when ALL of the reasons you are miserably attempting to use as counselor at large for the NFL combine are actually reasons one with any interest in this type of event would think you'd want to invite the guy in & see how he stacks up against other guys doing the same events first hand. But maybe you're right. it's just another ____ show, not really meant to do what it's supposed mission statement would be & that is to actually scout out the best possible prospects for the NFL in the future.
    Dude give it up, the combine is a made for TV event. They have publicized it so much now that is is ....show for sure. That is why it is not important for him to be there.

Again I go back to 2 things, 1 he won't be invited for a litany of reasons (who they have already invited, size and other measurables) and because they don't normally have 5'8 QB's from G5 schools there.

That is fine, he doesn't need the combine. Levi will be measured on his Pro Day and someone will give him a chance. I guarantee you that Levi's agent has already been in contact with a number of NFL teams to find out what they think LL chances are of getting an UFA offer. What are his chances of playing QB and what are his chances that he will need to move to WR and or CB or KR/PR. These are the questions that his agent should be asking, not whether or not he gets an invite to the combine, that is insane.

His agent if he is not getting the correct answers (those that he wants to hear), will then start preparing him to do as well as possible at his Pro Day, at that point if his pro day numbers don't improve his position he will begin to reach out to the XFL/USFL/CFL/ETC to see if their is interest from those teams and mutual interest in Levi in playing in one of those leagues.

OK you were right, 1 time in the history of the NFL combine (2006) they invited 25 QB's to the NFL combine. only 5 times ever have they invited more than 20 and those numbers are 24, 21,20, 21 and the aforementioned 25. They have not had more than 20 since 2009 when they had 21. They on average invite as many Tight End's as QB's.

And again that is not how many perform, that is how many are invited, usually you have a number that chose either not to perform at all or only perform certain events. So if they had 25 invited, chances are less than 20 actually performed at the combine.
    When they were doing that crap, they had every QB propped up like they were the next Joe Montana. All I heard about during that one combine was Jake Locker, Jake Locker, Jake Locker. The next Steve Young. OMG! This dude was Mr. Bustomatic. Yeah the guy could throw the ball out of the stadium & run like the wind. The only problem was on a screen pass you don't need to throw the ball out of the stadium & it would have helped if he could spell cat without someone spotting him the c & the t. Oh, but there he was with collegiate career passer percentage of 54% & his TD/Int ratio of 1.35 & I'm thinking There's no way this guy makes it at the next level under any circumstances. 8th pick in the first round. The rest is history.

Dude give it up, the combine is a made for TV event. They have publicized it so much now that is is ....show for sure. That is why it is not important for him to be there.

Again I go back to 2 things, 1 he won't be invited for a litany of reasons (who they have already invited, size and other measurables) and because they don't normally have 5'8 QB's from G5 schools there.

That is fine, he doesn't need the combine. Levi will be measured on his Pro Day and someone will give him a chance. I guarantee you that Levi's agent has already been in contact with a number of NFL teams to find out what they think LL chances are of getting an UFA offer. What are his chances of playing QB and what are his chances that he will need to move to WR and or CB or KR/PR. These are the questions that his agent should be asking, not whether or not he gets an invite to the combine, that is insane.

His agent if he is not getting the correct answers (those that he wants to hear), will then start preparing him to do as well as possible at his Pro Day, at that point if his pro day numbers don't improve his position he will begin to reach out to the XFL/USFL/CFL/ETC to see if their is interest from those teams and mutual interest in Levi in playing in one of those leagues.
    Once again, you're missing the point. Your personal dislike for me is letting everything I'm saying fly right over your head. IF I were the King of the NFL. And IF I were doing a talent show. I would want to amass ALL of the MOST talented players & ask them to go up against each other in this talent show to see first hand what here is to like/dislike about each one personally. You can't do that in a game. You can in a talent show. A guy can do anything he wants at home with his guy catching the ball. Everyone is equal in the talent show at the combine. IF I'm Mr. NFL that's what I would like to see. Not having the winningest QB the past three seasons who also happens to be one of the most prolific college QBs in NCAA history is robbing ME of that chance, not just the player. Is your disdain for me still confusing you?

I'm pretty sure Lewis had already came out and said he was going to work. Wanted to use his civil engineering degree or go into coaching.

If he wants to do civil work he needs to find a job and start working on getting his PE rather soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lewis had already came out and said he was going to work. Wanted to use his civil engineering degree or go into coaching.
    That's nice. I don't blame him for looking past football. However, IF the people who were running the combine were to invite him, he might decide differently. He should be invited based upon any possible measuring criteria which exist for the game. For the league to not do that is self defeating. They have already proven they were wrong once with a guy name Delhome. They should really not want to repeat that mistake.

That's nice. I don't blame him for looking past football. However, IF the people who were running the combine were to invite him, he might decide differently. He should be invited based upon any possible measuring criteria which exist for the game. For the league to not do that is self defeating. They have already proven they were wrong once with a guy name Delhome. They should really not want to repeat that mistake.
    They are wrong on a ton of guys every year. With only 300 slots it's hard to get everyone in and it's voted on the draft Advisory board who they think will get drafted.

11. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Once again, you're missing the point. Your personal dislike for me is letting everything I'm saying fly right over your head. IF I were the King of the NFL. And IF I were doing a talent show. I would want to amass ALL of the MOST talented players & ask them to go up against each other in this talent show to see first hand what here is to like/dislike about each one personally. You can't do that in a game. You can in a talent show. A guy can do anything he wants at home with his guy catching the ball. Everyone is equal in the talent show at the combine. IF I'm Mr. NFL that's what I would like to see. Not having the winningest QB the past three seasons who also happens to be one of the most prolific college QBs in NCAA history is robbing ME of that chance, not just the player. Is your disdain for me still confusing you?
    It is not my personal dislike for you. It is more that I can't stand complete nonsense being posted on this board. It's bad enough you call with total nonsense on radio shows, but why do I need to see Bulsht on this board.

Pretty much Scott told you yesterday that your takes on the NFL were complete and utter nonsense and I am doing the same here.

In fact I think Scott's exact quote was, Kyle you usually call in with bad takes, but these are the worst takes you may have ever called in with.

NFL Officials should use the big screens and not the current system. This is insanity, b/c you don't understand the way replay works. The official on the field is not the only one looking at the call, he has a team in the booth that are helping him with the replay, including watching with him and giving him advise and rules being relayed to him. Also the NFL does not want the crowd noise to interfere with the decision making and finally the big screen does not have the same angles and ability to close in on the play and stop it exactly where the referee's looking at can do on the on the field video as well as the monitors in the booths. And one more thing they also don't have the exact same video systems in all 32 NFL stadiums, so while AT&T in Dallas has a fantastic one, it is probably much better than the one in Soldier Field or in Buffalo, ETC.

And secondly, why would the NFL make people in Buffalo play a game that they would have to drive home late at night in the snow. Do you know that people in Buffalo drive in the snow all the time. They are good with it. I was in Ogden, UTAH snow skiing between Christmas and NY's when a blizzard hit the night before we were going to ski. We were driving to Snow Basin (one of the places where the SLC Olympics were held. The next morning the roads up the mountain were almost completely clear. The people in UTAH, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago and ETC know how to clear the roads and prepare for snow and the people that live there know how to drive in it. How many fatalities were their coming home from the Buffalo vs NE game. As far as I know, none.

12. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post

If he wants to do civil work he needs to find a job and start working on getting his PE rather soon.
    Probably the best move for him anyway. I am sure Levi will be a great coach and or a great engineer based on everything that I know about him. He will be successful in whatever he chooses to do.

It is not my personal dislike for you. It is more that I can't stand complete nonsense being posted on this board. It's bad enough you call with total nonsense on radio shows, but why do I need to see Bulsht on this board.

Pretty much Scott told you yesterday that your takes on the NFL were complete and utter nonsense and I am doing the same here.

In fact I think Scott's exact quote was, Kyle you usually call in with bad takes, but these are the worst takes you may have ever called in with.

NFL Officials should use the big screens and not the current system. This is insanity, b/c you don't understand the way replay works. The official on the field is not the only one looking at the call, he has a team in the booth that are helping him with the replay, including watching with him and giving him advise and rules being relayed to him. Also the NFL does not want the crowd noise to interfere with the decision making and finally the big screen does not have the same angles and ability to close in on the play and stop it exactly where the referee's looking at can do on the on the field video as well as the monitors in the booths. And one more thing they also don't have the exact same video systems in all 32 NFL stadiums, so while AT&T in Dallas has a fantastic one, it is probably much better than the one in Soldier Field or in Buffalo, ETC.

And secondly, why would the NFL make people in Buffalo play a game that they would have to drive home late at night in the snow. Do you know that people in Buffalo drive in the snow all the time. They are good with it. I was in Ogden, UTAH snow skiing between Christmas and NY's when a blizzard hit the night before we were going to ski. We were driving to Snow Basin (one of the places where the SLC Olympics were held. The next morning the roads up the mountain were almost completely clear. The people in UTAH, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago and ETC know how to clear the roads and prepare for snow and the people that live there know how to drive in it. How many fatalities were their coming home from the Buffalo vs NE game. As far as I know, none.
    Your life does hang on every word I utter. I'm gonna have to start charging you rent bro.

I don't think officials on the field should be making a clown show out of themselves by trotting out some pion monitor at all. I think an official in a booth at the stadium should be making the replay call & getting it back to the field with a clock time & where to spot the ball & do it within the prescribed time frame that the NFL is supposed to be doing it & quit embarrassing themselves & their on field officials any more than they already are. Secondly, until you have had to spend a night on the freeway in 9" of ice, don't ell me about how wonderful & safe America's roads are in the middle of the night when people are having to drive when the ambient temperature is 6 degrees outside. Once again, you are so focused on hating every word I utter. You are making an idiot out of yourself.

Oklahoma would have beaten Alabama in the playoffs if Levi Lewis was their starting QB. Am I doing this right?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information