Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hula Bowl: LL1

Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

“ Levi's best chance is at slot. He should spend the next three months catching 10k passes.”

Grins.. I’d advise catching more than approximately 111 passes a day (for anyone)

2. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Don't they run 25 QBs through that meat grinder? And don't the so called blue chippers just about do nothing except interviews. I'm just guessing, but with the over all lack of talent in this years draft a that position, it would seem any QB with Levi's numbers would be desirable if not to see first hand if he throws the ball well enough to play at the next level? I understand why Jake wasn't invited. But Jake didn't have 30something wins as a D-1 QB & Levi's numbers over shadow Jake's not to mention his running numbers. We're talking about the combine here. Not sit down with Roger Goodell for 6 hours one on one. I thought the NFL was in the talent scouting business.
    You do realize that is not how the NFL Combine works right? I know you are all knowing in your own mind about everything, but that is not how the combine works.

Combine players are either #1--The best at their position in the country, last year 13 QB's were invited to the NFL combine. Of those 13 here are the names that were their. Ian Book (drafted 4th round by the Saints), Shane Buechele (UFA by the KC Chiefs), Sam Ehlinger (Drafted by the Colts Round 6), Justin Fields (drafted in the 1st round by the Bears), Felipe Franks (UFA Atlanta Falcons), Mac Jones (1st Round Draft Choice of the NE Patriots), Trey Lance (1st round draft choice of the SF 49ers), Trevor Lawerence (1st round draft choice of the Jacksonville Jaguars), Davis Mills (2nd round draft choice of the Houston Texans), Kellen Mond (3rd Round Draft Choice of the Minn Vikings), Jamie Newman (UFA Philadelphia Eagles), Kyle Trask (2nd round draft choice of the TB Bucs) and Zach Wilson (1st Round Draft Choice of the NY Jets). Of those names only 3 players were not drafted and only a couple were not 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders. Those Players bring me to my number 2 point.

#2 the players that are invited that are not the Top of their positions have incredible measurables to the table. For instance Felipe Franks 6'7" 234 lb QB with incredible arm talent and super athletic. Jamie Newman 6'3" 234 lb QB from WF who has an incredible frame, a true dual threat guy. And finally Sam Buechele from SMU who started his career at Texas, while his measurables were not strong 6'0 210 lb dual threat QB out of Texas (originally was a Top 5 QB recruit in the nation).

I don't care who his agent is or how he performed at the Hula Bowl, LL aint getting an invite to the Combine. Not saying he won't get a look from an NFL team, but he is not a Top elite QB that the Combine would invite. Of the 13 QB's that were their last year 10 were drafted and 8 were drafted in the top 3 rounds. 2 of the others were freaks based on size and the other was a Top 5 QB coming out of HS with true dual threat abilities and was probably a stretch to be invited to the Combine.

In 2020 13 QB's were invited to the Combine those names included Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Jalen Hurts, Tua and others.

In 2019 17 QB's were invited those names included Will Grier, Dwayne Haskins, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Trace McSorley, Gardner Minshew, Kyler Murray, Brett Rypien, Jarrett Stidham and others. Of that group some names that you may or may not know are the following Jake Browning 6'2", Ryan Findley 6'4", Nick Fitzgerald 6'5", Tyree Jackson 6'7", Kyle Shumur 6'4", Ta'amu Jordan 6'3" and Clayton Thorson 6'4".

I could go on and on. It is all about either being the top, top, top at your position or bringing a measurable that very few guys at your position have.

Again, Levi might get a look and might get a UFA chance or could end up in the XFL, USFL or CFL. But to think that he is one of the top 8-10 QB's in college football this year or has those incredible measurables you are sadly mistaken. Many NFL guys don't go to the NFL Combine and still make it in the NFL, the combine does not guarantee you that you will be drafted, it usually does mean you will get a shot at a roster. But many players don't go to the combine and end up being successful NFL players. I don't know where Levi will end up, if he wants to continue his career, but I do think that between the NFL and the other leagues out there someone will give him a shot to get into camp and see what he can do. As stated earlier that might mean that he may have to move positions to do so.

Oh and by the way, these heights and weights are true heights and weights based on how they were measured at the combine, not what was listed on their college website.

I wonder if Levi would even fool around with the CFL. Maybe with his currently young age, but the guy likely has a very nice non-football career ahead of him too.

I could see Levi being in the CFL...

Hold out for the XFL, its back in spring 2023!

6. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Hold out for the XFL, its back in spring 2023!
    Will the XFL pay as much as college NIL?

ps Prediction: Top college NIL pays better than most NFL NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You do realize that is not how the NFL Combine works right? I know you are all knowing in your own mind about everything, but that is not how the combine works.

Combine players are either #1--The best at their position in the country, last year 13 QB's were invited to the NFL combine. Of those 13 here are the names that were their. Ian Book (drafted 4th round by the Saints), Shane Buechele (UFA by the KC Chiefs), Sam Ehlinger (Drafted by the Colts Round 6), Justin Fields (drafted in the 1st round by the Bears), Felipe Franks (UFA Atlanta Falcons), Mac Jones (1st Round Draft Choice of the NE Patriots), Trey Lance (1st round draft choice of the SF 49ers), Trevor Lawerence (1st round draft choice of the Jacksonville Jaguars), Davis Mills (2nd round draft choice of the Houston Texans), Kellen Mond (3rd Round Draft Choice of the Minn Vikings), Jamie Newman (UFA Philadelphia Eagles), Kyle Trask (2nd round draft choice of the TB Bucs) and Zach Wilson (1st Round Draft Choice of the NY Jets). Of those names only 3 players were not drafted and only a couple were not 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders. Those Players bring me to my number 2 point.

#2 the players that are invited that are not the Top of their positions have incredible measurables to the table. For instance Felipe Franks 6'7" 234 lb QB with incredible arm talent and super athletic. Jamie Newman 6'3" 234 lb QB from WF who has an incredible frame, a true dual threat guy. And finally Sam Buechele from SMU who started his career at Texas, while his measurables were not strong 6'0 210 lb dual threat QB out of Texas (originally was a Top 5 QB recruit in the nation).

I don't care who his agent is or how he performed at the Hula Bowl, LL aint getting an invite to the Combine. Not saying he won't get a look from an NFL team, but he is not a Top elite QB that the Combine would invite. Of the 13 QB's that were their last year 10 were drafted and 8 were drafted in the top 3 rounds. 2 of the others were freaks based on size and the other was a Top 5 QB coming out of HS with true dual threat abilities and was probably a stretch to be invited to the Combine.

In 2020 13 QB's were invited to the Combine those names included Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Jalen Hurts, Tua and others.

In 2019 17 QB's were invited those names included Will Grier, Dwayne Haskins, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Trace McSorley, Gardner Minshew, Kyler Murray, Brett Rypien, Jarrett Stidham and others. Of that group some names that you may or may not know are the following Jake Browning 6'2", Ryan Findley 6'4", Nick Fitzgerald 6'5", Tyree Jackson 6'7", Kyle Shumur 6'4", Ta'amu Jordan 6'3" and Clayton Thorson 6'4".

I could go on and on. It is all about either being the top, top, top at your position or bringing a measurable that very few guys at your position have.

Again, Levi might get a look and might get a UFA chance or could end up in the XFL, USFL or CFL. But to think that he is one of the top 8-10 QB's in college football this year or has those incredible measurables you are sadly mistaken. Many NFL guys don't go to the NFL Combine and still make it in the NFL, the combine does not guarantee you that you will be drafted, it usually does mean you will get a shot at a roster. But many players don't go to the combine and end up being successful NFL players. I don't know where Levi will end up, if he wants to continue his career, but I do think that between the NFL and the other leagues out there someone will give him a shot to get into camp and see what he can do. As stated earlier that might mean that he may have to move positions to do so.

Oh and by the way, these heights and weights are true heights and weights based on how they were measured at the combine, not what was listed on their college website.
    Bravo! Bravo! You're unabashed personal hatred for me & desire to prove me wrong even at the expense of your own love for your personal team is manifested beyond measure in this post. I tip my cap young man. But in all of your I'm gonna show why your wrong mumbo jumbo, you didn't manage to give one single good, or even solid reason why Levi Lewis should not be invited to the NFL combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Will the XFL pay as much as college NIL?

ps Prediction: Top college NIL pays better than most NFL NIL.
    Yep. For ultra top tier prospects, college/NIL -> NFL is always going to be the most profitable route.

But for a guy like LL who has fringe NFL potential at best, XFL/USFL out of college is a viable option. Take my dude PJ Walker. Pretty good at Temple, then doesn't get much of a sniff in the NFL. Goes to the XFL and basically becomes the MVP of the league. Turned that into a backup gig in the NFL where he's making half a mil per year. Not bad.

9. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Bravo! Bravo! You're unabashed personal hatred for me & desire to prove me wrong even at the expense of your own love for your personal team is manifested beyond measure in this post. I tip my cap young man. But in all of your I'm gonna show why your wrong mumbo jumbo, you didn't manage to give one single good, or even solid reason why Levi Lewis should not be invited to the NFL combine.
    This young man crap is old. I'm in my 50's, I get it that you are older than me, but I am well into my 50's sir. I guess your reasoning is to make sure you show people that you are older than me, bravo, bravo.

I did give you 2 good reasons. #1, he is not the top elite QB type that would be invited to the combine and #2 he does not have the measurables that would make him one of those interesting athletes to be invited.

Levi does not need to go to the Combine to be in the NFL, in fact, that was my main point. If Levi makes it to the NFL the combine won't be why he makes it. First of all because he won't be invited and secondly because he can show all of the same abilities at his Pro Day. If he balls out at his pro day, scouts will notice.

You stated 25 or more QB's go to the Combine, that is just absolutely not true. On average no more than 15 QB's are at the Combine. Levi will not be there, that does not hurt or help his chances of getting to an NFL team. He is not getting drafted, he knows that, his best chance is as an UFA and that will happen through his body of work, his pro day and his interviews with NFL teams.

Why can you not get it through your thick skull, you are the only person that thinks that Levi will be at the combine. His agent, himself and no one else thinks this is a legitimate possibility.

Jesus said, A prophet is not without honor, save in their own country. In this case a QB is not without honor save in his own home town. Dave I've done some researching myself & while I haven't been able to find the exact number for sure. I've whittled it down to 9 QBs in the history of college football that have as many, or more wins in their careers as Levi Lewis does. Now if that stat is impossible to find, then there is another stat that would probably wear out the computers at NASA to figure out & that is how many total QBs have had at least a year starting at quarterback in FBS football, But I feel pretty certain the number is well in excess of 6000. it might be as high as 12,000. But it's a hell of a lot. SO that means out of over 6000 QBs in collegiate history, only 9 guys have as many or more wins than Levi Lewis has. That single stat alone should make him an invitee to the NFL combine.

I've looked up the stats & college totals for guys like the Manning brothers & Jake Delhome & I can tell you that Levi's numbers are favorable in comparison to those guys. His running ability with the way the league is played today is an asset that should at least tweak NFL interest enough to make NFL scouts want to invite him to Indianapolis. I already know the NFL probably won't draft more than 3 QBs from this class. So quit trying to make out like there are going to be all sorts of super duper talented freaks of nature that someone can turn from a sow's ear to a silk purse.

The FACT is & remember that word. The FACT is that Levi Lewis is not only one of the top 15 QBs in this draft. He has had one of the top 15, or so college quarterbacking careers in NCAA history. Okay, put that thought in your head let it spin a minute. He is a top ten winning college QB of all time. ALL TIME! I don't care who the ____ you are, or who the ____ you think you are. That is a number that should jump up & punch you in the face like Mike Tyson upper cut. Then when you combine all of his stats. Whether the multitude of UL faithful like it, or not. Levi Lewis has had one of the most productive QB careers in NCAA history. He has over 10,000 total yards. he was 2nd team all SBC to a guy who is a sure fire top half of the first round pick in near future draft. He won the conference championship MVP. He won the bowl game MVP. All the guy does is win. I imagine someone somewhere in the NFL cares about winning at some point. So it would seem to me that you find a place to invite this guy to the combine to look at him & interview him first hand?

11. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Jesus said, A prophet is not without honor, save in their own country. In this case a QB is not without honor save in his own home town. Dave I've done some researching myself & while I haven't been able to find the exact number for sure. I've whittled it down to 9 QBs in the history of college football that have as many, or more wins in their careers as Levi Lewis does. Now if that stat is impossible to find, then there is another stat that would probably wear out the computers at NASA to figure out & that is how many total QBs have had at least a year starting at quarterback in FBS football, But I feel pretty certain the number is well in excess of 6000. it might be as high as 12,000. But it's a hell of a lot. SO that means out of over 6000 QBs in collegiate history, only 9 guys have as many or more wins than Levi Lewis has. That single stat alone should make him an invitee to the NFL combine.

I've looked up the stats & college totals for guys like the Manning brothers & Jake Delhome & I can tell you that Levi's numbers are favorable in comparison to those guys. His running ability with the way the league is played today is an asset that should at least tweak NFL interest enough to make NFL scouts want to invite him to Indianapolis. I already know the NFL probably won't draft more than 3 QBs from this class. So quit trying to make out like there are going to be all sorts of super duper talented freaks of nature that someone can turn from a sow's ear to a silk purse.

The FACT is & remember that word. The FACT is that Levi Lewis is not only one of the top 15 QBs in this draft. He has had one of the top 15, or so college quarterbacking careers in NCAA history. Okay, put that thought in your head let it spin a minute. He is a top ten winning college QB of all time. ALL TIME! I don't care who the ____ you are, or who the ____ you think you are. That is a number that should jump up & punch you in the face like Mike Tyson upper cut. Then when you combine all of his stats. Whether the multitude of UL faithful like it, or not. Levi Lewis has had one of the most productive QB careers in NCAA history. He has over 10,000 total yards. he was 2nd team all SBC to a guy who is a sure fire top half of the first round pick in near future draft. He won the conference championship MVP. He won the bowl game MVP. All the guy does is win. I imagine someone somewhere in the NFL cares about winning at some point. So it would seem to me that you find a place to invite this guy to the combine to look at him & interview him first hand?
    Since 2010 exactly 208 QB's have been invited to the NFL Combine, roughly 17 per season. Of that do you know how many of those were under 6'0" tall? Please don't look it up I will tell you. The number is 5.

Here are those names:

5'11" Russell Wilson 2012
    5'11" Blake Sims 2015 drafted as a RB
    5'11" Vernon Adams JR (Never played in the NFL)
    5'10" Quinton Flowers
    5'10" Kyler Murray

Not a 5'8 and a half inch QB from UL. Russell Wilson played for NC State and Wisconson, Blake Sims played at Alabama, Vernon Adams played most of his career at Oregon but transferred to NDSU, Quinton Flowers played at USF and Kyler Murray played at Oklahoma. The only comparison even close would be Quinton Flowers in 10+ years of the NFL Combine.

This young man crap is old. I'm in my 50's, I get it that you are older than me, but I am well into my 50's sir. I guess your reasoning is to make sure you show people that you are older than me, bravo, bravo.

I did give you 2 good reasons. #1, he is not the top elite QB type that would be invited to the combine and #2 he does not have the measurables that would make him one of those interesting athletes to be invited.

Levi does not need to go to the Combine to be in the NFL, in fact, that was my main point. If Levi makes it to the NFL the combine won't be why he makes it. First of all because he won't be invited and secondly because he can show all of the same abilities at his Pro Day. If he balls out at his pro day, scouts will notice.

You stated 25 or more QB's go to the Combine, that is just absolutely not true. On average no more than 15 QB's are at the Combine. Levi will not be there, that does not hurt or help his chances of getting to an NFL team. He is not getting drafted, he knows that, his best chance is as an UFA and that will happen through his body of work, his pro day and his interviews with NFL teams.

Why can you not get it through your thick skull, you are the only person that thinks that Levi will be at the combine. His agent, himself and no one else thinks this is a legitimate possibility.
    I've seen combines have as many as 28 QBs in them. I've seen combines have as few as 14 QBs in them. The whole purpose of the combine is to get definitive numbers on a guy so NFL teams all have the same amount of information on "top prospects." The teams have also expanded that to include personal relations, leadership skills & critical thinking criteria. I am well versed on what the reason for the NFL combine & don't need you lecturing me on the purpose for the league having it.

I also know the NFL has had some miserable failures in completely missing on guys who should have been invited in the past & were not. They have also had some miserable failures with guys who purported to be NFL wonder boys & were just complete embarrassments not only to themselves, but also to their organizations & fan bases. FOR THIS REASON one would think someone somewhere in the NFL power structure would dig their heads from their hinny crevices & cast an invite to one of the most prolific QBs in college football history. You can take your side of the argument & be proud that you might be right for whatever reason you have for taking it. I happen to think not inviting guys like Charlie Ward, Tommy Frazier, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhome to the combine while going out of it's way to sell people like Ryan Leaf, Jake Locker, Danny Weurffel, Heath Schuler, etc. Has been the cause of tens of millions of dollars being wasted & almost cost the fans countless hours of wonderful product which would have never been known about were it not for a few above & beyond scouting departments & coaches that did their due diligence. I don't care about winning your stupid little arguments Dave. I am a fan of the game. I want to see the best product possible on the filed. The league should want that as well. If they are not inviting guys like Levi to the combine then they are proving by their actions they aren't really there for that reason.

13. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

I've seen combines have as many as 28 QBs in them. I've seen combines have as few as 14 QBs in them. The whole purpose of the combine is to get definitive numbers on a guy so NFL teams all have the same amount of information on "top prospects." The teams have also expanded that to include personal relations, leadership skills & critical thinking criteria. I am well versed on what the reason for the NFL combine & don't need you lecturing me on the purpose for the league having it.

I also know the NFL has had some miserable failures in completely missing on guys who should have been invited in the past & were not. They have also had some miserable failures with guys who purported to be NFL wonder boys & were just complete embarrassments not only to themselves, but also to their organizations & fan bases. FOR THIS REASON one would think someone somewhere in the NFL power structure would dig their heads from their hinny crevices & cast an invite to one of the most prolific QBs in college football history. You can take your side of the argument & be proud that you might be right for whatever reason you have for taking it. I happen to think not inviting guys like Charlie Ward, Tommy Frazier, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhome to the combine while going out of it's way to sell people like Ryan Leaf, Jake Locker, Danny Weurffel, Heath Schuler, etc. Has been the cause of tens of millions of dollars being wasted & almost cost the fans countless hours of wonderful product which would have never been known about were it not for a few above & beyond scouting departments & coaches that did their due diligence. I don't care about winning your stupid little arguments Dave. I am a fan of the game. I want to see the best product possible on the filed. The league should want that as well. If they are not inviting guys like Levi to the combine then they are proving by their actions they aren't really there for that reason.
    Well I guess I need to go back further than 2010 to find the 28 players. Here is what I know, these are invites not people who actually performed at the Combine.

2010 18 QB's
    2011 18 QB's
    2012 19 QB's
    2013 16 QB's
    2014 19 QB's
    2015 14 QB's
    2016 18 QB's
    2017 15 QB's
    2018 19 QB's
    2019 17 QB's
    2020 17 QB's
    2021 18 QB's

14. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Maybe Levi might break another 4 or 5 records by being invited to a combine, or maybe not . . .

Since 2010 exactly 208 QB's have been invited to the NFL Combine, roughly 17 per season. Of that do you know how many of those were under 6'0" tall? Please don't look it up I will tell you. The number is 5.

Here are those names:

5'11" Russell Wilson 2012
    5'11" Blake Sims 2015 drafted as a RB
    5'11" Vernon Adams JR (Never played in the NFL)
    5'10" Quinton Flowers
    5'10" Kyler Murray

Not a 5'8 and a half inch QB from UL. Russell Wilson played for NC State and Wisconson, Blake Sims played at Alabama, Vernon Adams played most of his career at Oregon but transferred to NDSU, Quinton Flowers played at USF and Kyler Murray played at Oklahoma. The only comparison even close would be Quinton Flowers in 10+ years of the NFL Combine.
    And NONE of those QBs had as prolific & proven college career as Levi Had. NOT ONE.

How tall was Doug Flutie & how long did he play in the NFL? And don't give me the 5'10 BS because I took a picture with the guy one time & I'm two inches taller than he is & I'm not 5'10". But he wasn't invited to the combine either. You are using the worst possible excuse the NFL has for not inviting a player of Levi's magnitude with the impact Levi has had on his little part of the college football world as leverage & trying to justify their miserable thinking. Then you wonder why that thinking is always pointed against schools like the one you follow & act as though there is some way to overcome that mindless mentality. You should be on my side of the fence on this one.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information