Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hula Bowl: LL1

Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He probably has a chance at KR in the NFL
    Not with the way he likes to avoid contact. This isn’t Brian Mitchell

Could see him making a team or practice squad in NFC West to give divisional team defenses practice against someone that mirrors Kyler Murray a bit. Looks like multiple teams are possibly interested in him as a PFA according to a link above.

Anyone find a box score on the Hula Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Anyone find a box score on the Hula Bowl?
    No, went look. But did find that there's a new CFB Senior bowl called Cajun Allstar Bowl. Do we need to send these guys a cease and desist or what?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    No, went look. But did find that there's a new CFB Senior bowl called Cajun Allstar Bowl. Do we need to send these guys a cease and desist or what?
    Nothing more cajun than Beaumont Texas lmao

6. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Nothing more cajun than Beaumont Texas lmao
    In my youth a Beaumont station broadcast in French.

Think the fact they moved to Orlando this year the advance publicity didn’t happen, or media following. Being on CBSSN didn’t help either. Did find out one of the video guys linked on twitter was named Levi Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Not with the way he likes to avoid contact. This isn’t Brian Mitchell
    Isn’t avoiding contact the point when he’s running?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Isn’t avoiding contact the point when he’s running?
    He stutter steps and changes direction too much to be an effective return man. His best runs were when he actually put his foot in the ground and went upfield like in the conference championship, but those were few and far between

4th series hand off, batted down pass on 2nd, incomplete pass towards sideline on 3rd down, 13 yard completion in the middle of the field on 4th down.

3rd and 16 corner fade attempt from 20 yards out. Pass interference on defense. RB runs in 2 yards out for TD.

LL likely done for the game now. Good showing, announcers had great things to say about him.
    Thanks for the updates. I noticed the game on Saturday. But by the time I saw it, it was almost over. it sounds like Levi might have earned himself a a ticket to the combine if He didn't have one already.

11. Default Re: Hula Bowl: LL1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Thanks for the updates. I noticed the game on Saturday. But by the time I saw it, it was almost over. it sounds like Levi might have earned himself a a ticket to the combine if He didn't have one already.
    Ummm. No. There is zero chance that Levi gets an invite to the NFL combine. Levi will have a pro day at UL though, which many players do and he will test the same measurables that they do at the combine. But Levi ain’t getting an invite to the combine.

Levi's best chance is at slot. He should spend the next three months catching 10k passes...

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    He stutter steps and changes direction too much to be an effective return man. His best runs were when he actually put his foot in the ground and went upfield like in the conference championship, but those were few and far between
    Scrambling away from pass rushers is a completely different skill set than taking a KO and advancing the ball. I agree that he’s better when he made a decision and ran forward, but a lot of his stutter stepping was to elude pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Ummm. No. There is zero chance that Levi gets an invite to the NFL combine. Levi will have a pro day at UL though, which many players do and he will test the same measurables that they do at the combine. But Levi ain’t getting an invite to the combine.
    Don't they run 25 QBs through that meat grinder? And don't the so called blue chippers just about do nothing except interviews. I'm just guessing, but with the over all lack of talent in this years draft a that position, it would seem any QB with Levi's numbers would be desirable if not to see first hand if he throws the ball well enough to play at the next level? I understand why Jake wasn't invited. But Jake didn't have 30something wins as a D-1 QB & Levi's numbers over shadow Jake's not to mention his running numbers. We're talking about the combine here. Not sit down with Roger Goodell for 6 hours one on one. I thought the NFL was in the talent scouting business.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Maybe Levi needs an agent. And if he has one, maybe he needs to fire him & hire another agent.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information