Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIL Repercussions?

Support NIL Repercussions?

What are these 18 & 19 year old KIDS gonna do with all that money? How long before they get into the type of trouble $$ causes when you are young, dumb and full of C**. How about driving up to games in limos with their posse. Drugs, sex, bling, etc. etc. Can't see this ending up being a positive for the kids, the program or the university.

Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

So it is better to be poor than have money. There maybe some who ____ it away but many will have family to help guide them to make correct decisions. I guarantee that if one of my children would be offered significant NIL money, the first stop would be my financial adviser to invest the money. This is the most overblown concern about the NIL. Most won’t get more than a modest amount of money.

3. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

NIL will cause lack of focus and keep some out of the NFL.

For the masses, college has always been about being temporarily poor.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    So it is better to be poor than have money. There maybe some who ____ it away but many will have family to help guide them to make correct decisions. I guarantee that if one of my children would be offered significant NIL money, the first stop would be my financial adviser to invest the money. This is the most overblown concern about the NIL. Most won’t get more than a modest amount of money.
    Time will tell.

NIL is good for the players. They have a right to earn money. What the NCAA needs to do is contain the out of control transferring to get “better” NIL deals…. Once you are 18 your an adult and you should be treated as such. As for the people that are getting criticized for saying players have no loyalty should be left alone also. They have a right to that opinion. College athletes are not kids they are adults so if they want to play in the adult world they better be ready to take the criticism that comes with it….the NCAA can make the transfer rules back to sitting out a year and also turn scholarships into to actually contracts… you can sign for 2, 3, 4 years with a program…..once that contract is finished they can access that money from the NIL… if they breach that contract they must pay the school back the money of the signed contract plus damages or a penalty fee so to speak… this is just one idea, but there are many ways to start keeping NIL in check.

6. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Once you are 18 your an adult and you should be tweeted as such
    I tawt I taw a puddy tat.

Modern (non legal) proverb: Age doesn't make you an adult, actions do.

NIL is corrupt and being abused.

COA was for the players. NIL has ruined college football in less than 1.5 years.

There is no universe where you can convince me that it’s fine for a coach to sign a 10 year $100M contract and players make nothing. The reason coaches have made that much is because boosters weren’t allowed to give money to players.

The free market is at work. If players had no value, they wouldn’t be getting deals. What needs to change is the free transfer rule.

9. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    There is no universe where you can convince me that it’s fine for a coach to sign a 10 year $100M contract and players make nothing. The reason coaches have made that much is because boosters weren’t allowed to give money to players.

The free market is at work. If players had no value, they wouldn’t be getting deals. What needs to change is the free transfer rule.
    Money dumping is not free market.

I don't know what it is but it's not free market.

No saying it’s equal pay, but the players most certainly got compensated over the years. No universe can you say they got nothing.

No ones fault but the athlete if they chose not to get a free education to advance their future careers. After all, 99% of kids on scholarship won’t be professional athlete.

NIL is a legitimate business expense, right? This is going to be the death of college athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    You would be the exception.

Many of us could name past multiple UL players with parents that were pushing them thru college like their life depended on it. Throw a player cash and cut out family, that’s going to be interesting.

I was blessed to have a child that’s middle to upper management with a large international firm thank me for only giving “x” towards a b/s degree. The simple observation ones coddled all their lives, especially with no cost college, were the worst employees to manage.

The NFL might play a role fixing this, the quality of employee will be changing.

What I’m curious about: obviously NIL creates better opportunities for the players at the top. What impact does it end up having for the mid tier players and lower level? Currently there’s 60+ G5 teams and 120+ FCS programs. Does the NIL result in fewer opportunities overall? The G5s and FCS schools already struggle with fan support. Do some departments fold when fanbases throw in the towel on programs that have no chance of competing?

why was it ok for accounting professors to get additional pay from the cpa review courses, and make the students pay extra to attend those courses rather than covering the material and answering their questions during the class time they already paid for? (and if/when the student passes the test the univ can take credit and claim we had x pct pass, and dont pay that student anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    NIL is a legitimate business expense, right? This is going to be the death of college athletics.
    And probably many of the companies, esp factoring inflationary price and salary increases

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information