Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: NIL Repercussions?

Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWaveTiger View Post
    No argument there, but that's not where we are today. You guys are reaching...
    Mentioning what happened to our basketball program and SMU was the reach, they aren’t remotely similar.

All the more reason NIL is a positive thing. Bottom line, just like before, the G5s will play second fiddle to P5s, but hopefully, G5s can offer student-athletes something in terms of NIL.
    I think thanks to Dr Longenecker, that ship sailed in the 60’s. Tulane’s priority isn’t what he imagined.

https://amp.clarionledger.com/amp/8347963002

Great article and Tulane is exactly where we need to be. But if we must bring up history, did we not beat ULL that last time we played them??? I know LSU worked over ULL as well.

And to the other comment about me mentioning the death penalties of USL and SMU, it clearly went over the heads of some. Might want to go back to school and receive that R1 education.

Great article and Tulane is exactly where we need to be. But if we must bring up history, did we not bear ULL that last time we played them??? I know LSU worked over ULL as well.

And to the other comment about me mentioning the death penalties of USL and SMU, it clearly went over the heads of some. Might want to go back to school and receive that R1 education.
    GTFOOH

Great article and Tulane is exactly where we need to be. But if we must bring up history, did we not beat ULL that last time we played them??? I know LSU worked over ULL as well.

Green Wave Tiger....nothing more needs to be said.

What NIL has done is protect ALL schools from the old school way of paying for players. Unless something truly terrible happens, the death penalty in college athletics will be nonexistent. I am sure UL fans along with SMU fans would have preferred the NIL of today compared to the death penalties of their best sports when the sanction hit.
    One thing's for sure. It not's gonna help you guys playing in that high school stadium.

I smell a mutt.

Last time we played Tulane in basketball we won, if you are talking football Tulane has lost 22 games since then and we lost 5. We haven’t played LSU in football since 2009. We lost by 8 to them in the NIT...and if you are talking basketball then I guess we worked y’all over the last time we played

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Timeout, though.

If according to NCAA rules, the university and/or their staff is forbidden from having any involvement with NIL, and if said athlete has zero obligation to said university (i.e. transfer portal out whenever he/she wants), then how would the university have any obligation to provide financial education and consultation?

Seems to me the university's responsibility remains what it was before. Education and consultation/advisers on how to maintain eligibility, progress towards a degree with the scheduling of proper classes, and all the funding tied to scholarships (tuition, housing, books, meal plan, etc.).
    Maybe the University could "charge" them a fee to attend this counseling class. This would be an extra course and not mandatory or tied to any degree program or included in the "scholarship".

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Maybe the University could "charge" them a fee to attend this counseling class. This would be an extra course and not mandatory or tied to any degree program or included in the "scholarship".
    Si Senor!!

or maybe even make the course open to all RCAF members, and have a reduced course fee for those members.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information