Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NIL Repercussions?

Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    imagine that, there already is a class…. maybe they can squeeze that into their already overworked 9-12 hours a semester….. at no extra cost
    They better at an Acct.100 class.

2. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The more I watch this unfold, universities have to find a way to be away from this cesspool when it blows up.
    When it blows up it is going to get real ugly real quick. Tell me this, how does a kid in high school get a NIL deal? They are unproven commodities, but we're seeing it happen. Don't think for one second the NIL bagmen aren't fully aware of which players the coaching staff are recruiting and coming up with NIL deals to get the player onboard at their alma mater.

I know we're stressed about NIL and the transfer portal, but don't think the leadership of P5 programs aren't stressed about NIL right now. How deep are the pockets of donors/alumni who own businesses and are they willing to jump on the NIL train? NIL changed the game for the G5, but don't think for one second this won't lead to a shakeup in the P5.

I think this blows sooner rather than later, too many parties involved and players jockeying for $$$ will lead to a coaching staff getting caught on tape making deals.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    When it blows up it is going to get real ugly real quick. Tell me this, how does a kid in high school get a NIL deal? They are unproven commodities, but we're seeing it happen. Don't think for one second the NIL bagmen aren't fully aware of which players the coaching staff are recruiting and coming up with NIL deals to get the player onboard at their alma mater.

I know we're stressed about NIL and the transfer portal, but don't think the leadership of P5 programs aren't stressed about NIL right now. How deep are the pockets of donors/alumni who own businesses and are they willing to jump on the NIL train? NIL changed the game for the G5, but don't think for one second this won't lead to a shakeup in the P5.

I think this blows sooner rather than later, too many parties involved and players jockeying for $$$ will lead to a coaching staff getting caught on tape making deals.
    It will happen before that. There will be guys going to a school thinking they will get playing time and then a better player at the same position comes along and pulls the rug out from under him (Did I see the Etienne kid signing with Florida, the same Florida that Montrell Johnson just portaled out to) You think one..... that Montrell will not get significant playing time and two....he will continue to get NIL money with reduced or no playing time. Will he be content to be a bench warmer with some money that could turn to no money if he doesn't play. Then he would be just a bench warmer.

4. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It will happen before that. There will be guys going to a school thinking they will get playing time and then a better player at the same position comes along and pulls the rug out from under him (Did I see the Etienne kid signing with Florida, the same Florida that Montrell Johnson just portaled out to) You think one..... that Montrell will not get significant playing time and two....he will continue to get NIL money with reduced or no playing time. Will he be content to be a bench warmer with some money that could turn to no money if he doesn't play. Then he would be just a bench warmer.
    Having used up his one time free pass I could see him on a five year quest to play two significant seasons.

What NIL has done is protect ALL schools from the old school way of paying for players. Unless something truly terrible happens, the death penalty in college athletics will be nonexistent. I am sure UL fans along with SMU fans would have preferred the NIL of today compared to the death penalties of their best sports when the sanction hit.

A GreenWaveTiger must be the worst combinations of all combinations.

Sensitive are we? Simply identifying a positive of NIL amongst many others and how it correlates to once storied football and basketball programs.

8. Default Re: NIL Repercussions?

Yeah and at least the GreenWave committed program HARA-KIRI instead of airing dirty laundry in their betting scandal. NIL can’t help that humiliation.

All the more reason NIL is a positive thing. Bottom line, just like before, the G5s will play second fiddle to P5s, but hopefully, G5s can offer student-athletes something in terms of NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWaveTiger View Post
    What NIL has done is protect ALL schools from the old school way of paying for players. Unless something truly terrible happens, the death penalty in college athletics will be nonexistent. I am sure UL fans along with SMU fans would have preferred the NIL of today compared to the death penalties of their best sports when the sanction hit.
    Is Texas paying O Linemen $50,000 each NIL or simply buying players? How does one know the difference? It's booster's money under the guise of an unstructured NIL.

It is within the eyes of the NCAA.

Actually, I would have preferred that the State of Louisiana hadn’t banned athletic scholarships for black students so we didn’t have to break NCAA rules by raising money to fund their scholarships.

All the more reason NIL is a positive thing. Bottom line, just like before, the G5s will play second fiddle to P5s, but hopefully, G5s can offer student-athletes something in terms of NIL.
    lol. G5s won’t be able to offer ****.

The top P5 schools will be offering their bench warmers over 6 figures to stay and sit the bench. You think P5s will have the resources to offer six figure deals to lure them all away?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Actually, I would have preferred that the State of Louisiana hadn’t banned athletic scholarships for black students so we didn’t have to break NCAA rules by raising money to fund their scholarships.
    What you got to say greewavetigga?

No argument there, but that's not where we are today. You guys are reaching...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information