Thread: NCAA making it harder and harder for me to donate

fpc4life99 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

NCAA NCAA making it harder and harder for me to donate

Now, that the NIL and transfer portal has made it possible for the big schools with money to recruit and pay, not only high school students, but now also G5 schools. I feel like I am investing into a sinking ship. We will never be able to compete with 90+ million dollar budgets. I feel as the disparity will become so large, it will no longer be possible to be competitive. The P5's will just scout the G5 programs and when they find a gem will just poach them with lucrative contracts.

Default Re: NCAA making it harder and harder for me to donate

Be patient, we’ll be in the Big 12 soon…

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Be patient, we’ll be in the Big 12 soon…
    Lol wishful thinking.

KajunKrazy is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Now, that the NIL and transfer portal has made it possible for the big schools with money to recruit and pay, not only high school students, but now also G5 schools. I feel like I am investing into a sinking ship. We will never be able to compete with 90+ million dollar budgets. I feel as the disparity will become so large, it will no longer be possible to be competitive. The P5's will just scout the G5 programs and when they find a gem will just poach them with lucrative contracts.
    I never did donate to the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Lol wishful thinking.
    Don’t worry, never had that Koolaide.

Enter your own transfer portal...

If this is a concern of fans, RCAF and the athletic administration needs to address current RCAF members. Shut down all the negative energy! We need to understand their plan for continued competitive progress and position on the NIL and transfer portal. We still need everyone on board to grow and succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Enter your own transfer portal...
    If you think about it, UL entered “the portal” this past summer/fall. Grass wasn’t greener, stayed put.

Definitely a concern of mine. I love college athletics more than professional sports due to amateurism and ties to our school.

It used to be that sport was a way for student athletes to get a free ride to college. Same with kids who join band. Now the current generation of "student" athletes growing up are saying they're being exploited and are playing a game for free?

I get that universities (the top 30 programs at least) are bringing in tons of cash, but some of these schools treat their players better than NFL programs in terms of facilities, support staff, and nutrition.

The basic premise of NIL never bothered me, but I wasn't naive to think it was just going to be Jimmy Football signing autographs. It was primed for the corruption of college athletics from the start.

Hundreds of thousands of kids getting themselves into debt with student loans to attend college and get a degree, and you have student athletes on scholarship saying they're getting exploited. Give me a break.

Maybe it’s because college degrees are increasingly becoming worthless. Not all of them of course.

Keep donating please. We have got to see this stadium renovation through and support Coach Des, staff, and current players. I think you are going to see lots of changes in college football leading up to the new CFP contract that will take place in 2026. Then we can see what that entails and where UL lands on the radar. Dreams are that we will have made a NY6 bowl by then. The train continues to roll with conference championships and possibly either an invite to the Big 12 or G5's will get a legit shot at the CFP (doubt it) which will level the playing field.
    Time will tell.

Thread Information