Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: McCaskill portelets out

Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    That would be huge!
    According to some, it may not be huge for the program. I will trust Coach Desormeaux's judgement on his status.

2. Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    According to some, it may not be huge for the program. I will trust Coach Desormeaux's judgement on his status.
    Preferred walk-on?

What are the some saying?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    What are the some saying?
    You can read between the lines. Of the athletes that entered the portal, there were several that won't be missed. And I'm not talking about their play on the field. Those hype videos don't follow players daily.

5. Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

You can read between the lines. Of the athletes that entered the portal, there were several that won't be missed. And I'm not talking about their play on the field. Those hype videos don't follow players daily.
    A former father of a starting LB who finished his eligibility had told me a couple of years ago at the App State conference championship game that while McCaskill was a tremendous player, one of the biggest issues the team had was making sure he was going to be able to play from week to week and none of this had to do with injuries, it had to do with issues away from the football field. I can't say and don't know any thing more that what this gentlemen told me during the game.

Our conversation started with me saying, that McCaskill is a good player and his response was that his son said that he is amazing but unfortunately from week to week, we don't know if he is going to be on the field.

I hope he's back in school and planning to play with his teammates this season. We do have some really nice looking, young LB's on the roster that would benefit from having a veteran with his passion and experience in that grouping.

At the end of the day, the options these young men are now presented with the portal has to be a difficult decision to make. Being able to move closer to home or be on a team with a relative or close friend(s) would certainly be something to seriously consider and it would be easy to see a lot of indecision. Hope he's back.

Your statement only was two lines long on my computer, and my settings are pretty big.

So there's not a whole lot of room for interpretation.

Is "some" one or two? Is "some" the defense? Is "some" one or two players who played behind him that might see more playing time? Is "some" in fact CMD? Is he welcome back on his own dime?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    A former father of a starting LB who finished his eligibility had told me a couple of years ago at the App State conference championship game that while McCaskill was a tremendous player, one of the biggest issues the team had was making sure he was going to be able to play from week to week and none of this had to do with injuries, it had to do with issues away from the football field. I can't say and don't know any thing more that what this gentlemen told me during the game.

Our conversation started with me saying, that McCaskill is a good player and his response was that his son said that he is amazing but unfortunately from week to week, we don't know if he is going to be on the field.
    If I remember correctly, McCaskill might have been dismissed twice from the team early on.

But he was welcomed back. That might have been a Napier thing; shoot, the last few years have so chaotic, it might have been a Hud thing.

I do remember him tweeting some stuff around the time Napier was moving and the rumors of players entering the portal were running rampant. Were his tweets directed at ex-players and coaches or current players and coaches?

I would like to see him return, but if his standing with the team was/is tenuous, then it is of his own making.

Thinking positive....he comes back and Dezmo helps him mature while he helps the team.

10. Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

I too, would love to have him back, but only if he understands exactly what is expected of him.

11. Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

Spoke to someone that knows Zo well. Helped him with some NIL stuff. Plan is for him to leave in April, according to this person.

Also says the off the field stuff is far behind him and while he was a bit of a troubled guy earlier on, has matured a lot and would be a valuable asset going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Spoke to someone that knows Zo well. Helped him with some NIL stuff. Plan is for him to leave in April, according to this person.

Also says the off the field stuff is far behind him and while he was a bit of a troubled guy earlier on, has matured a lot and would be a valuable asset going forward.
    Not the same person I spoke with, but in any case I wish him luck wherever he lands.

Did someone say Kyren Lacy? With all the big offers he had Florida was not one and that wasn’t a mistake. Those coaches know him and want him nowhere near their program.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Did someone say Kyren Lacy? With all the big offers he had Florida was not one and that wasn’t a mistake. Those coaches know him and want him nowhere near their program.
    He Got Gordon. Got a check, and won't see the field again.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

So are you saying he is in school right now on scholarship but it’s known he will leave in April? Will he participate in spring with everyone knowing he’s leaving when it’s done? I hope they are not letting the kid use them like that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information