Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: McCaskill portelets out

1. Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

Yeah, I saw several quarterbacks this season who were really good players and how could we win. We absolutely took their beating hearts from their lifeless bodies. Felt like I was watching Bruce Lee taking out bad guys. Even the lips were outta sync like some bad jap film. When Fields gives me a shat load of touchdowns and a handful of interceptions I’ll do a table dance at Pat O’Briens

Default Re: What Did UL Do?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    You about to see chandler fields light up the passing game
    Wanna bet? I don't see him being our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Wanna bet? I don't see him being our starter.
    Gonna disagree with you Slick. Chandler may not be the most physically gifted one in the bunch. But I do see him winning the job because he is the most gifted between the ears and has a huge head start on knowing the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Gonna disagree with you Slick. Chandler may not be the most physically gifted one in the bunch. But I do see him winning the job because he is the most gifted between the ears and has a huge head start on knowing the offense.
    Why don't we let the coaching staff make that decision come this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Yeah, all are relative unknowns in the sense of actual game experience and running an offense when it matters. They're going to have to battle it out this spring and into the Fall camp.

You have completely over estimated my role here. I’m not making any decisions. You see this is just a message board where people give their opinions and go back and forth with their discussions. But we are not making any decisions. Thanks for the obviously high opinion you have of my credibility in this matter.

How about lunch at oldtyme grocery for a bet?

Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yeah, I saw several quarterbacks this season who were really good players and how could we win. We absolutely took their beating hearts from their lifeless bodies. Felt like I was watching Bruce Lee taking out bad guys. Even the lips were outta sync like some bad jap film. When Fields gives me a shat load of touchdowns and a handful of interceptions I’ll do a table dance at Pat O’Briens
    I cannot tell a lie, this post made me shed a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll bet you $100 we win more than 8 games.
    The problem isn't next year. it might not even be two years from now. But by year three it will show & show badly. The program has time, but really needs to study the approach it takes to handle the situation. There are possibilities, but the program is going to have to seed it's right to marketing. It has done a most miserable job of marketing itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    How about lunch at oldtyme grocery for a bet?
    OK you’re on. I won’t bet Chanler against the field though. I take Chandler. You pick your guy. If chandler is the game one starter I win. If your guy is the game one starter you win. If neither we will call it even.

That is not the RPCA way.

OK you’re on. I won’t bet Chanler against the field though. I take Chandler. You pick your guy. If chandler is the game one starter I win. If your guy is the game one starter you win. If neither we will call it even.
    From a conversation I’ve had with a few WRs they’d say you are making a good bet.

Default Re: McCaskill portelets out

I would love to see CF be our starter because he's the best in the QB room gives us our best chance to win. And, he's paid his dues and deserves get a fair shot at that opportunity. If that happens, I'll fully support that, no issues at all. However, I don't know if his intangibles (which are very positive) will give him that opportunity because he won't be a ture dual threat guy. He's not immobile either, but he won't be a true RPO QB and that's what I think Des is gonna go for. Some of that may because he was that type of QB when he played, but most of it is because of the problems good, dual threat QBs cause defenses.

Also, if our OL doesn't measure up with pass blocking, I think he'll be looking at a couple of other options besides CF. Also, unless CF grows taller, he will be another short QB in the pocket, which will still limit his ability to throw short underneath routes over the middle. In that case, Herring, Legendre, Chriss all would be considered in that role. With Legendre having the upper hand due to time under center at Maryland and because they were able to watch him weekly playing scout team QB.

That's my take. Probably best if we wait till spring before naming our projected starters. If the only way you want to bet is if I name my starter now, it would be Legendre...and that's not knowing anything other than what I've seen watching his highlights. Can't go wrong either way, because I'll still get a shrimp po'boy even if I lose and I'll have the chance to meet a RP guy I don't know!

14. Default Re: What Did UL Do?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    From a conversation I’ve had with a few WRs they’d say you are making a good bet.
    Team Fields people will be on the right side of history here.. Hop aboard

I’ll take CF on that bet as well.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information