Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: McCaskill portelets out

Default Re: What Did UL Do?

Humphrey, McCasskil, and Gardner all missing up the middle next year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    He told the coaches during bowl week he was going to look at his options. Good guy I wish him all the best.
    Just curious what the coachs’ protocol in a situation like that is. I would assume in the transfer portal you immediately start looking for a replacement. Gotta be the same for a guy exploring his options. He has to do what’s best for him and UL has to do what’s best for UL.

3. Default Re: What Did UL Do?

According to CMD interview with Scott Prather it’s got to be a consistent policy. He further said he couldn’t hold the transfer portal guys indefinite benefits. I get the feeling we’re not immediately removing the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    Humphrey, McCasskil, and Gardner all missing up the middle next year
    I think you mean Garner as in Mekhi Garner. Ferrod Gardner didn't enter the portal.

Isn't college football great these days, a school can buy a player from a rival or from any school they want to. Forget recruiting, just throw some money at a great player from a less wealthy school and bam, done. Can’t blame the players for entering the portal and seeing what they are worth to the highest bidder either. What a horrible situation college football has put itself in. This is what it has come to.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    He's been retweeting all the people telling him to go to LSU A&M.
    He’s also been retweeting Florida people too

I thought this was in the works before the Bowl? Something about him wanting to play with old friends in West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I think you mean Garner as in Mekhi Garner. Ferrod Gardner didn't enter the portal.
    I meant Ferrod. He graduated and will not be here. Thus we will miss him

“What did UL do?”

Sounds like maybe UL did nothing. Do we have anything in place with NIL to reward our current players and keep them on board?

10. Default Re: What Did UL Do?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    “What did UL do?”

Sounds like maybe UL did nothing. Do we have anything in place with NIL to reward our current players and keep them on board?
    Sad that you have to "reward" current players with more than a free education, meal plan, room and board and the potential to go pro. But maybe thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    According to CMD interview with Scott Prather it’s got to be a consistent policy. He further said he couldn’t hold the transfer portal guys indefinite benefits. I get the feeling we’re not immediately removing the benefits.
    CMD is doing the right thing. The actual thing that needs to happen is every university the moment a player wants to go, tell them goodbye and good luck. That would greatly reduce the number of players in the portal. But it would never happen, because it would take every FBS university to make it work.

12. Default LB Lorenzo McCaskill Has Entered The Transfer Portal

He led the team in tackles last season and now heads to...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I thought this was in the works before the Bowl? Something about him wanting to play with old friends in West Virginia.
    Yes, they tried to talk him in to staying but he made the decision to enter before the semester began. Now we will wait and see if he still goes to West Virginia, or did he have another program in mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CMD is doing the right thing. The actual thing that needs to happen is every university the moment a player wants to go, tell them goodbye and good luck. That would greatly reduce the number of players in the portal. But it would never happen, because it would take every FBS university to make it work.
    The immediate eligibility to transfer needs to return to sitting out one year, unless there are special circumstances like a death, or chronic illness to a immediate member of the family.

Aren't most FCS schools already paying FULL cost of attendance? If correct, then aren't all those scholarship players already getting some extra cash for their pockets?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information