Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, UT Arlington 83

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs UTA

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Bruh their announcer is orgasming so hard someone in the front row is gonna catch a money shot
    Well, UTA’s attendance looks similar to our WBB. Man, I thought our attendance was bad.

I only remember Harper playing that one stint in the 1st half. I think one of the reasons Harper played so well on the Carolina road trip was he knew he was going to get his minutes due to the circumstances and was able to settle in. I would like to see Harper and Williams get a chance to play alongside one another in a 3 guard lineup with Kobe playing the 4. Would be nice to try that with Theo out.I still think the Wesley/Au combo can be successful running the point but right now it is the 2 guard spot that needs someone to step up.

I had watched a few UTA games this year and the Levi kid had impressed me but he really stepped up tonight. He may have had a little bit of luck on some of those long rebounds but you don’t just luck your way into a Triple Double, a lot of that was hustle too.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, UT Arlington 83

Yall just need to calm down.
    Its very hard to win on the road in the SBC. Don't yall understand?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    He played a bit in the first half but I don’t remember seeing him second half. Must’ve been really short stint
    He played a total of 4 minutes with no statistical contributions on the score sheet. It's really baffling how he doesn't get more minutes especially when he played really well the previous 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I only remember Harper playing that one stint in the 1st half. I think one of the reasons Harper played so well on the Carolina road trip was he knew he was going to get his minutes due to the circumstances and was able to settle in. I would like to see Harper and Williams get a chance to play alongside one another in a 3 guard lineup with Kobe playing the 4. Would be nice to try that with Theo out.I still think the Wesley/Au combo can be successful running the point but right now it is the 2 guard spot that needs someone to step up.

I had watched a few UTA games this year and the Levi kid had impressed me but he really stepped up tonight. He may have had a little bit of luck on some of those long rebounds but you don’t just luck your way into a Triple Double, a lot of that was hustle too.
    What has Au and Wesley shown you to believe they can be successful at point guard? Both are abused defensively and both aren't doing much on the other end.

What has Au and Wesley shown you to believe they can be successful at point guard? Both are abused defensively and both aren't doing much on the other end.
    Agree with Au on the defensive side. However, on the offensive side, he has made some pretty good dishes that lead to easy buckets.

Regarding Wesley, I view him like Dou. When they play within their limitations, they can be effective. The infuriating thing about them is they will try to do things out side of their capabilities every game, which lead to turnovers or bad possessions.

Au is slow and out of shape. He shouldn't be getting any minutes IMO

The 1st thing I always look at with PG play is ball control and ability to facilitate the offense. They were a combined 8 to 3 assist to turnover ratio last night, that is not stellar but solid in my opinion. Wesley isn't afraid to attack the basket if he has to and has shown he can score inside or at least get to the line although his size does limit what he can do down there. Au certainly is a defensive liability as the knee issues have slowed him down. I don't think Wesley is quite as bad on the defensive end but once again his size can be exploited there too.

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, UT Arlington 83

Amazing how I hear being big can be a disadvantage against a smaller opponent, and also exactly the opposite. Just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He played a total of 4 minutes with no statistical contributions on the score sheet. It's really baffling how he doesn't get more minutes especially when he played really well the previous 3 games.
    With regards to Harper getting playing time if you look at the minutes last night it was pretty clear what they were doing with the rotation. The 2 forward spots was a 3 man rotation of Brown, Gueye and Charles, they played 75 of a possible 80 minutes. The 3 was basically all Kobe and Cadwell played a little bit too for a combined 37 of 40 minutes. The PG spot was all Wesley and Au as they combined for 40 minutes. That left Williams, Garnett, Harper, and Dalcourt to fight for time at 2 guard. Williams was clearly not setting the world on fire, they knew Garnett is pretty much only a threat with the outside shot, and Harper and Dalcourt never got the time to get in any kind of rhythm. Having that log jam at one spot isn't helping any of those guys, one reason I was suggesting try to get Williams some time at the 3 while either Kobe is taking a breather or let Kobe play some at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Agree with Au on the defensive side. However, on the offensive side, he has made some pretty good dishes that lead to easy buckets.

Regarding Wesley, I view him like Dou. When they play within their limitations, they can be effective. The infuriating thing about them is they will try to do things out side of their capabilities every game, which lead to turnovers or bad possessions.
    Au was having so many problems with their guard putting pressure on him. He could barely dribble it up the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    The 1st thing I always look at with PG play is ball control and ability to facilitate the offense. They were a combined 8 to 3 assist to turnover ratio last night, that is not stellar but solid in my opinion. Wesley isn't afraid to attack the basket if he has to and has shown he can score inside or at least get to the line although his size does limit what he can do down there. Au certainly is a defensive liability as the knee issues have slowed him down. I don't think Wesley is quite as bad on the defensive end but once again his size can be exploited there too.
    The issue with Wesley is teams are scheming to let him drive the ball and they aren't helping because he cant finish at the rim. That was StAte's gameplan and UTA let him do the same. When he isn't drawing any help, we can't get any open looks on offense. Now if you look at their PG last night, we were caught many times helping and he would kick out for wide open 3's. That was the difference in the game.

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, UT Arlington 83

Levi stole the day . . .

Wow, looks like I picked a good night to forget we were playing. Of course, it is becoming easier and easier to forget that we are playing.

I want to see Harper play meaningful minutes. He is easily the most athletic guard (player) on the team. He will only get better if coached properly and given playing time. He can also get off his own shot without help...who else can do that on this team of poor guard play?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information