Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

1. Default Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    While we are pretty anal-retentive about UL vs. ULL (and I led the pack on that one), I'm sure there hasn't been any sort of primer from coaches that says "Use UL, damnit." And, while our enemies use the second L on purpose, our student-athletes don't. If you are suggesting Mekhi did it as a "parting shot" to our university, you're just not very informed. (I was going to use an insult there, but thought better of it. Carry on.
    I said maybe a parting shot to the RPCA. That’s not UL.

“Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU
    Maybe, just maybe he’s ____ at the RPCA for trashing his decision to leave. It’s a parting middle finger.“

Default Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe, just maybe he’s ____ at the RPCA for trashing his decision to leave. It’s a parting middle finger.
    LoL! Yeah, Im sure thats it.
    *hard eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if K Lacy ends up there as well
    LSU is loaded with receivers. If he didnt like his playing time here, he's gonna be miserable over there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, I won't. Coach Des said the right thing in the press conference. It's understandable why some of our athletes are in the transfer portal for the right reasons. He also insinuated that some were not, but that we had athletes here that want to play here in our program. I will support athletes that left for the right reasons, and others I will not. Being a former Ragin Cajun is not a guaranteed reason to support a athlete for me.
    Same. I'm happy Desormeaux said what he said. It was the right statement to make and pretty much the only one he could have made without coming off as spiteful.That said, I'm ready to move on to the players we have and to focus on this quarterback battle.

Default Re: Mekhi Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Slight thread-jacking.....
    Again, like him or not, Hud was a great promoter of what would become the #cULture.
    Out of all the negative Hud had.. he was a great promoter and made the fans come. We haven't had anyone due that. He was a great hype man for Louisiana and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Out of all the negative Hud had.. he was a great promoter and made the fans come. We haven't had anyone due that. He was a great hype man for Louisiana and the fans.
    Indeed. I loved when he had post game interviews after big games and we would emphasize "university of LOUISIANA!" I guess that's why I though coaches would promote the brand more among their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Ain’t that the truth. Course, times are different, but Hud beat BN by a mile as far as generating excitement.

8. Default Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

What method did Hud and Napier use to get on ESPN interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Ain’t that the truth. Course, times are different, but Hud beat BN by a mile as far as generating excitement.
    Yep. He was certainly all about a show, like inviting LA Tech's recruits to Cajun Field to watch an ill-prepared Cajuns team get embarrassed at home.

I'll take someone "boring" like Billy Napier 10 times out of 10 knowing he won't have our team unprepared for a game like that.

10. Default Re: Mekhi Garner

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Indeed. I loved when he had post game interviews after big games and we would emphasize "university of LOUISIANA!" I guess that's why I though coaches would promote the brand more among their teams.
    …….and HUD would always remind the fans that we needed them and more for the next game…..The best pump up was the 3 Cajun French words on the jerseys….explaining from a card the meanings to the team!

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Same. I'm happy Desormeaux said what he said. It was the right statement to make and pretty much the only one he could have made without coming off as spiteful.That said, I'm ready to move on to the players we have and to focus on this quarterback battle.
    Touchet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Touchet.
    What is Touchet’s first name? Touche’

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Before long we will be feeding the whole SEC!
    Pump the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We have a coach that could do that. The problem is the guy doesn't get enough exposure. And he isn't going to step on someone else's toes to put himself there. It would do Mike a lot of good to let Troy have a position to drum up the product in every phase. he's the right guy. He just needs to get more exposure with the fan base & be out selling the team more. This school & this football team needs to sell itself, sell IT's brand way more than it does. Why should it be the consumer's job to go so out of their way to try to find UL products? I mean there is no variety of stuff that you can buy that says UL. The push on UL gear is pathetic. This school acts like it's scared to sell it's own brand too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I said maybe a parting shot to the RPCA. That’s not UL.

“Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU
    Maybe, just maybe he’s ____ at the RPCA for trashing his decision to leave. It’s a parting middle finger.“
    Who cares? he UL,L ed it on his way out the door to lsuBR. And yeah Jay, it was a parting shot at someone for the very reason you just mentioned. He's no longer a student at Louisiana so he took a parting shot for all the reasons you mentioned, yet were afraid to call him on. And the only reason I want to see him do good is because lsuBR is gonna have to give Louisiana cred if he does good. Otherwise, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information