Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Not Too Early 2022 Football Gameday Experience Thread

UL Football The Not Too Early 2022 Football Gameday Experience Thread

What's on your wish list for the upcoming football season in terms of gameday experience?

Mine is re-implementing Cajun Field WAITR orders that we tried back in 2016. Alabama rolled it out in Bryant Denny this past season and I'm sure that process is much more refined 6 years later.

Default Re: The Not Too Early 2022 Football Gameday Experience Thread

More beer sellers walking up and down the stairs. More and better concessions and a lot of people working the concessions
    Put a line of some type of port-o lets around the interior for all .
    Have more than 2 people scanning tickets to get in the stadium.

10 more beer hawkers is all that we need. I shouldn't have to leave my seat for an ice cold Coors Light.

Bring back the old nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    More beer sellers walking up and down the stairs. More and better concessions and a lot of people working the concessions
    Put a line of some type of port-o lets around the interior for all .
    Have more than 2 people scanning tickets to get in the stadium.
    This will do it. Cheap and easy and it will get the most bang for the buck.

It could possibly be a year of good inconveniences. Hopefully we have to matriculate through construction zones to get into the stadium and to our seats.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    It could possibly be a year of good inconveniences. Hopefully we have to matriculate through construction zones to get into the stadium and to our seats.
    Not for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not for this season.
    No? I thought I read somewhere the demolition process would begin this spring?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I heard that is the plan as well

Aside from concessions (I normally get what I want on the way to my seat...) there are so many things UL could do to enhance the gameday experience. Most have been covered here previously...

Utilize that damn bell! So many, many things could be done with the bell that would enhance the game and build tradition.

Pre-Game...The National Anthem. Bring in local talent to sing it. Think Sweet Cecilia. And sung acapela as well...the crowd singing at the championship game was awesome.

Would like to see a former player, coach, some person of note to the university lead the Ragin Cajun cheer before the team enters the stadium, sort of like the Who Dat cheer in NOLA.

Fly our championship and bowl win flags on gameday.

Turn the Cox Center into a museum of UL Sports History, open on Gameday (football and baseball) only. UNC and other schools have this, its really cool to relive these events and again, this is the sort of thing that builds interest and tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Need more $$$ before anything starts.

Where you hearing that? I have heard Dr. Maggard say in an interview this fall the plan was for destruction to begin Spring 22. I think some folks have been contacted about moving seats already, that have season tickets in the chair backs of the upper deck. Has that all changed?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Aside from concessions (I normally get what I want on the way to my seat...) there are so many things UL could do to enhance the gameday experience. Most have been covered here previously...

Utilize that damn bell! So many, many things could be done with the bell that would enhance the game and build tradition.

Pre-Game...The National Anthem. Bring in local talent to sing it. Think Sweet Cecilia. And sung acapela as well...the crowd singing at the championship game was awesome.

Would like to see a former player, coach, some person of note to the university lead the Ragin Cajun cheer before the team enters the stadium, sort of like the Who Dat cheer in NOLA.

Fly our championship and bowl win flags on gameday.

Turn the Cox Center into a museum of UL Sports History, open on Gameday (football and baseball) only. UNC and other schools have this, its really cool to relive these events and again, this is the sort of thing that builds interest and tradition.
    I think getting someone to do the Ragin’ Cajuns chant before the team comes out would be an awesome addition. Do it right before the hype video comes or right after

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I think getting someone to do the Ragin’ Cajuns chant before the team comes out would be an awesome addition. Do it right before the hype video comes or right after
    The problem is with our late arriving crowds only few are in the stadium then as Cajuns crowds tend to trickle in during the 1st quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    The problem is with our late arriving crowds only few are in the stadium then as Cajuns crowds tend to trickle in during the 1st quarter.
    That's why the Bell needs to be used, get folks off their drunk asses to get into the stadium...Chim the bell at about 15 or 20 minutes before pre-game starts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information