Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Final AP football poll

Default Re: Final AP football poll

So this is UL's destiny. Either be a perennial bottom feeder program, or become a talent feeder program to bigger schools. That's it. There is no other option. I just got off the phone with Brad Topham. he tried to convince me that UL would have been in a 16 team playoff. I don't care if the playoff had been 32 teams. With this kind of disrespect, the powers that be will never let UL participate in big boy football. If you're title wishing, might as well fold that tent & put all of their eggs in the women's softball, men's baseball & basketball basket where they have some chance to buy enough players to maybe win a title one day. Personally I'm very happy with what UL accomplished the last three years. I am also realistic enough to realize this is the pinnacle of success at UL & any UL fan who is realistic should have totally enjoyed this past season, because it is never going to get any better than it was this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It's amazing though how much it helped Wake Forest beating an 11th place Big Ten team with 8 losses on the season.
    Now see where CUSA stands

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Now see where CUSA stands
    That's irrelevant. Wake Forest moved up 5 F'ing spots by beating a team that wasn't even bowl eligible. The conference they were from was absolutely irrelevant. Rutgers wasn't capable of winning the Southland conference. But up the polls Wake went. They had a nice little team. But UL would beat their asses 8 out of 10 times.

SO here's to you ragin dave. Way to be right. Please forgive me as you imagine me on my knees genuflecting to your superior knowledge of college sports & just exactly how ____ up they are. This is why no matter how putrid professional sports becomes, college sports will always go them one worse. This is where I learned a long time ago to get off the bus. So write whatever you want to write until your little heart is content. You win I lose. May your heart be happy until you meet the maker. Amen

5. Default Re: Final AP football poll

It's amazing though how much it helped Wake Forest beating an 11th place Big Ten team with 8 losses on the season.
    Unbelievably amazing.

6. Default Re: Final AP football poll

SO here's to you ragin dave. Way to be right. Please forgive me as you imagine me on my knees genuflecting to your superior knowledge of college sports & just exactly how F uC ked up they are. This is why no matter how putrid professional sports becomes, college sports will always go them one worse. This is where I learned a long time ago to get off the bus. So write whatever you want to write until your little heart is content. You win I lose. May your heart be happy until you meet the maker. Amen
    This is where you are wrong. I’m not happy I’m right, I just understand fact over fiction. So at the end of the day am I pleased no. But I can tell you I told you so. Not because I need to be right but instead because I understand the game.

That's irrelevant. Wake Forest moved up 5 F'ing spots by beating a team that wasn't even bowl eligible. The conference they were from was absolutely irrelevant. Rutgers wasn't capable of winning the Southland conference. But up the polls Wake went. They had a nice little team. But UL would beat their asses 8 out of 10 times.
    It's almost like the bowl games outside of the NY6 don't matter but there is no way that's true

8. Default Re: Final AP football poll

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This is where you are wrong. I’m not happy I’m right, I just understand fact over fiction. So at the end of the day am I pleased no. But I can tell you I told you so. Not because I need to be right but instead because I understand the game.
    ………Big 12 has to be our goal……we are R1 let’s act like it in all phases of our university…damn we are in the top 20 2 years in a row and that should satisfy that one element of being football worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's almost like the bowl games outside of the NY6 don't matter but there is no way that's true
    They don't matter. Unless they do. The same goal post shifting shell game of pure bull ____e has been used in every way to ____ over UL in this poll. And people wonder why UL doesn't get more respect. What I don't understand is why UL continues to put up with this kind of crap. Does this administration have a voice? Or do they just enjoy getting the crap kicked out of them even when they achieve, or over achieve? This is the kind of thing that makes me continually seethe at this university's willingness to get sand kicked in their collective faces over & over again on any & every issue.

They don't matter. Unless they do. The same goal post shifting shell game of pure bull ____e has been used in every way to ____ over UL in this poll. And people wonder why UL doesn't get more respect. What I don't understand is why UL continues to put up with this kind of crap. Does this administration have a voice? Or do they just enjoy getting the crap kicked out of them even when they achieve, or over achieve? This is the kind of thing that makes me continually seethe at this university's willingness to get sand kicked in their collective faces over & over again on any & every issue.
    And what would you suggest? Sue the AP? The idea that these 50 or more sportswriters are part of some secret cabal to hold down the G5 schools makes no sense. Do I think there is some bias against G5 schools? Perhaps. Do I think it is some sort of organized effort. Ugh NO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ………Big 12 has to be our goal……we are R1 let’s act like it in all phases of our university…damn we are in the top 20 2 years in a row and that should satisfy that one element of being football worthy!
    What good would it do to become the 13th place team in the big 12? Seriously, not that anyone is looking at UL & going, oh snap there is a school that deserves to be in a big boy conference. This university doesn't have the balls to stand up for themselves even against the traitors from next door infiltrating the administration. How will they ever achieve anything of a realistic nature when they can't/won't do that?

12. Default Re: Final AP football poll

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    And what would you suggest? Sue the AP? The idea that these 50 or more sportswriters are part of some secret cabal to hold down the G5 schools makes no sense. Do I think there is some bias against G5 schools? Perhaps. Do I think it is some sort of organized effort. Ugh NO!!!!!
    A PR department would do wonders.

What good would it do to become the 13th place team in the big 12? Seriously, not that anyone is looking at UL & going, oh snap there is a school that deserves to be in a big boy conference. This university doesn't have the balls to stand up for themselves even against the traitors from next door infiltrating the administration. How will they ever achieve anything of a realistic nature when they can't/won't do that?
    It sounds like you’re jumping off the bandwagon. Wtf Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I would suggest someone from the university take time to understand the accomplishments that were made & make an issue of those accomplishments a matter of priority to inform the people involved in these polls of the situation & educate them at the very least. At the worst someone should be screaming from the highest hill top that the G-5s are getting screwed over every day by the power brokers so it could be argued that UL's 13 wins based on the way the system is rigged are stronger than Alabama's. But if no one fights for any better, then don't ever expect any better. Because it's not going to happen.

Which is why we should have done EVERYTHING possible to try to play that game against Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information