Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

1. UL Football Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

With plenty of issues to tackle in his first news conference of the offseason, UL football coach Michael Desormeaux clearly expressed his thoughts on all the transfer portal news surrounding his Ragin’ Cajuns and more on Monday.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

A very good interview with Coach Des. This man will do wonders here, just let him get to work!

The "grass isn't always greener on the other side" applies to coaches as well as players. This refers to another thread.

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

I hope Des is able to have success here and be HC for a while and oversee us throughout the stadium renovation and into the next CFB era when the CFP contract expires in 2026. I do not see much changing until 2026 on the CFP after their meeting yesterday. With that said we always have a shot at that G5 spot for the NY6 top conference champion until then which now should be our goal on top of the conference championships.

You can also watch Coach Desormeaux's press conference on KLFY Sports

https://www.klfy.com/sports/cajun-na...ring-football/

I think the 2022 & 2023 seasons will be critical for Coach Dez. He doesn't have to go 13-1 or 12-2, but I do think he needs to keep the Cajuns in the hunt to keep playing for the SBC Championship. If he does that, he will show recruits and others that he can maintain the success of the past few years without Napier. If the Cajuns have a significant drop off 6-6 or even 7-5, many will still have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think the 2022 & 2023 seasons will be critical for Coach Dez. He doesn't have to go 13-1 or 12-2, but I do think he needs to keep the Cajuns in the hunt to keep playing for the SBC Championship. If he does that, he will show recruits and others that he can maintain the success of the past few years without Napier. If the Cajuns have a significant drop off 6-6 or even 7-5, many will still have questions.
    Our expectation now should be double digit amount of wins every year and winning conference championships and bowl games which would still give us a shot at the top G5 spot for the NY6 bowl.
    Why lower the bar now?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Our expectation now should be double digit amount of wins every year and winning conference championships and bowl games which would still give us a shot at the top G5 spot for the NY6 bowl.
    Why lower the bar now?
    We lost a bunch of really good players. If Dez can win 10 with what he has coming back, he will be in line for a big raise

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Why lower the bar now?
    Then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Of course your goal should be a Division and Conference Championship every year. But the reality is Billy Napier put UL in a position to win a conference championship in the last two seasons. His first two years here were building the program. Coach Des and his staff will have to rebuild the organization underneath the coaching staff. The depth is in place at most positions, but game experience is not at QB and Center. And on defense we lost our 2 best defensive backs in the secondary, our best interior lineman, best pass edge rusher and our leading tackler at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Of course your goal should be a Division and Conference Championship every year. But the reality is Billy Napier put UL in a position to win a conference championship in the last two seasons. His first two years here were building the program. Coach Des and his staff will have to rebuild the organization underneath the coaching staff. The depth is in place at most positions, but game experience is not at QB and Center. And on defense we lost our 2 best defensive backs in the secondary, our best interior lineman, best pass edge rusher and our leading tackler at LB.
    I foresee a 7-7 type season with a loss in the Cure Bowl. Then we only get better from there. Hey, it worked last time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I foresee a 7-7 type season with a loss in the Cure Bowl. Then we only get better from there. Hey, it worked last time.
    Hope you are wrong, but it is possible. I will wait until August to form my opinion. By then we will know who will be in the program and who will not. I fully expect a few more to leave after spring and possibly a few to enroll after summer sessions.

Silver lining for me personally is I can watch this upcoming season with lower expectations with new faces on the team. I know it was only one game, but Des seemed like a great play caller in the NOLA bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Silver lining for me personally is I can watch this upcoming season with lower expectations with new faces on the team. I know it was only one game, but Des seemed like a great play caller in the NOLA bowl.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This team has talent and depth still…. With the non conference schedule we should win 8-9 games in the regular season.

14. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Napier got to 7 wins in his first year after a terrible Hud year.

Nothing close to 7 will be acceptable following 13 wins

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I said that should be our expectations and why not? Doesn't mean it will happen but we have had 3 straight double digit win seasons, two conference championships the last two years. Napier has proven what this program can be. No need to lower expectations now. You think big time College Football programs lower their expectations? We want to be big time? Expect it. If Des cannot maintain this and re load than he is not the man for the job. That is the coaching profession. Time will tell and I have all faith in the world in Des. I promise you Des knows the expectations now and what he is taking on.

Just like with Basketball, my expectation and everyone's should always be to get in the NCAA and win a NCAA tourney game, no matter how we do year in and year out.

Geaux Louisiana!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information