Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Some of you guys are taking too deep of a dive on this. 7 players out of 95? There's plenty of depth in most of the positions where we lost people. OL won't be as much of an issue as some think with the exception of center...And we need a big run stopper on D. otherwise, there is quality depth everywhere on this team. This team could go 7-7 in its sleep. More like a 9-2 year, Western Division champs, Conference Championship played again in Lafayette...

2021 was a season for the ages, with year end Top 25 ranking. Plus we had the Super Seniors on roster. 2022 is an obvious rebuilding year with the player & coach losses. However things are not going to hell in a handbasket. And consider we play in the SBC West. We play SLU, E. Michigan, Rice, and FSU. No gimmies, but not a killer schedule. As T pointed out, there's more player comings and goings between now and August so that's creating lots more uncertainty about depth. Most teams in the country have similar depth issues. Still, we're not going to witness a Hud collapse redo. The CMD program is set up to win most games on the 2022 schedule.

Heck, if Dez goes 8-4 in his first year - I'll be ecstatic

4. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    2021 was a season for the ages, with year end Top 25 ranking. Plus we had the Super Seniors on roster. 2022 is an obvious rebuilding year with the player & coach losses. However things are not going to hell in a handbasket. And consider we play in the SBC West. We play SLU, E. Michigan, Rice, and FSU. No gimmies, but not a killer schedule. As T pointed out, there's more I player comings and goings between now and August so that's creating lots more uncertainty about depth. Most teams in the country have similar depth issues. Still, we're not going to witness a Hud collapse redo. The CMD program is set up to win most games on the 2022 schedule.
    ………..So here we go with the Cajuns starting lineups::::::lace kicker and punters Are back…..who else?

5. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well we do have a lot of coaches that come from Louisiana that were former players and coaches. I am not saying every coach played for us! I just hope they have the experience on how to handle this situation. Complaining about it will not fix the problem, and experienced coaching staff would have trouble navigating through all the coaching changes and transfers. I just hope they have a answer to this besides tweeting and going on talk shows!
    Boy, that guy at Bama can’t keep a bunch out of the transfer portal. Guess he’s losing the magic, and knowledge.

6. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Boy, that guy at Bama can’t keep a bunch out of the transfer portal. Guess he’s losing the magic, and knowledge.
    No Express, didn't you realize Saban is retiring. I read that on this board, that is why those kids are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No Express, didn't you realize Saban is retiring. I read that on this board, that is why those kids are leaving.
    Well he has to now that he didn't get the LSU job.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Silver lining for me personally is I can watch this upcoming season with lower expectations with new faces on the team. I know it was only one game, but Des seemed like a great play caller in the NOLA bowl.
    That first TD drive was schemed. Rarely saw that kinda scheming success with the previous play caller.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    That first TD drive was schemed. Rarely saw that kinda scheming success with the previous play caller.
    Just told a friend of mine on the phone I predict Des will be a better play caller than his predecessor was.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    2021 was a season for the ages, with year end Top 25 ranking. Plus we had the Super Seniors on roster. 2022 is an obvious rebuilding year with the player & coach losses. However things are not going to hell in a handbasket. And consider we play in the SBC West. We play SLU, E. Michigan, Rice, and FSU. No gimmies, but not a killer schedule. As T pointed out, there's more player comings and goings between now and August so that's creating lots more uncertainty about depth. Most teams in the country have similar depth issues. Still, we're not going to witness a Hud collapse redo. The CMD program is set up to win most games on the 2022 schedule.
    Positive thinking!!! The sky isn't falling. It's just being temporarily adjusted to the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Other than Jorge Munoz, every single coach currently on the staff under Coach Desormeaux was hired by Billy Napier. Lamar Morgan was hired in 2019 and later left the program for Houston. So, if you trusted this staff under Billy Napier that won 13 games this past season, why not trust them now?
    Bravo!!!!!! +10,000!!!!

I will never…..EVER give up my allegiance to this Team. This school. This Nation.

I hear you brother
    Been “not giving up” (more often than nought -banging my head against the wall) regarding this team for over 40 years now.
    I pray this NIL and transfer portal crap can be contained -AT LEAST return to sitting out a year

For the sake of our fellow G5s

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Just told a friend of mine on the phone I predict Des will be a better play caller than his predecessor was.
    He's definitely more aggressive and I like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information