Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

1. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Napier got to 7 wins in his first year after a terrible Hud year.

Nothing close to 7 will be acceptable following 13 wins
    Hudspeth problem wasn’t an empty cupboard. He lost his team.

Billy took over a talented team. IMO he simply picked the wrong starting quarterback.

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Napier got to 7 wins in his first year after a terrible Hud year.

Nothing close to 7 will be acceptable following 13 wins
    15 starters over the past 2 seasons were signed under Hudspeth, including Levy Lewis. The cupboard wasn't empty, it just wasn't deep.

3. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    15 starters over the past 2 seasons were signed under Hudspeth, including Levy Lewis. The cupboard wasn't empty, it just wasn't deep.
    If Desormeaux falls to 7 wins with 15 or more starters (over two years) signed by Napier it would be totally unacceptable.

Desormeaux will win more than 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hudspeth problem wasn’t an empty cupboard. He lost his team.

Billy took over a talented team. IMO he simply picked the wrong starting quarterback.
    Refresh my memory who were his choices for QB that year? Who do you think it should have been?

5. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

The same guy who lost to the Hoax.

Are you answering me? I have no clue who you are talking about. Did Levi start year one for billy? Seems I remember him playing 2 but can’t recall who the other was.

7. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux addresses UL transfer portal losses and tweets

Saban?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Are you answering me? I have no clue who you are talking about. Did Levi start year one for billy? Seems I remember him playing 2 but can’t recall who the other was.
    Andre Nunez

Losing a long time starter at QB is tough for any team. Couple that with the key losses on defense, o line, and RB and the cards are certainly stacked against a 10+ win season. We do have some talent but I don’t see great depth on the line of scrimmage. Time will tell but 8-9 wins won’t be a bad year one for Des, all things considered.

I like with Des said this morning on Scott's show. Players need to be educated on the NIL and transfer stuff and that's what they are planning to do in the future. Not sure what's been done up until now, though. He didn't mention who, but he said one player didn't quite know the process or what he was getting into. Not a direct quote. Just something along those lines.

Players may leave if and when they want, but they need to have good information regarding what they are getting into. As much as I hate to see players leave, especially when they go to certain schools, I'd hate it even more if they end up ruining what they had because they made an ill informed decision. Not just looking at Cajun players, but also the thousands of others in the portal. The math may not add up for a lot of guys.

I hate to criticize and I want to wait to pass judgement, I know it’s cool having a lot of the coaching staff from Louisiana. I was going to hold my opinion because i hate to pass judgement and never want to undermine anyone. This is a message board. So I will say it.

People on this board are talking about going 7-7 next season. Complaining about a lot of players entering transfer portal is ridiculous as a coach your job is to be able to keep these players and make adjustments to recruiting and roster.

This is to be expected. Napier just took a 6 million a year job do you think he wasn’t going to poach players and coaching staff?

Desormeaux as a coach are suppose to be able to control all this and this was to be expected. Plus we are hiring coaching staff that are former players and coaches who either played for us or from Louisiana.

I don’t have a problem with that but it’s concerning that we don’t have outside influence on our program.

I just hope the coaching staff know how to handle the situation!?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Andre Nunez
    Right. I had completely forgotten about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I hate to criticize and I want to wait to pass judgement, I know it’s cool having a lot of the coaching staff from Louisiana. I was going to hold my opinion because i hate to pass judgement and never want to undermine anyone. This is a message board. So I will say it.

People on this board are talking about going 7-7 next season. Complaining about a lot of players entering transfer portal is ridiculous as a coach your job is to be able to keep these players and make adjustments to recruiting and roster.

This is to be expected. Napier just took a 6 million a year job do you think he wasn’t going to poach players and coaching staff?

Desormeaux as a coach are suppose to be able to control all this and this was to be expected. Plus we are hiring coaching staff that are former players and coaches who either played for us or from Louisiana.

I don’t have a problem with that but it’s concerning that we don’t have outside influence on our program.

I just hope the coaching staff know how to handle the situation!?
    Can you be specific on any coaches in particular that he hired you are questioning?

Munoz with the experience he had here the first time and what he has gain since he left is a home run hire IMO.

Morgan worked under naiper 2 years and comes here from an SEC school which is a natural progression for coaches at this level. If he played at any other school no one would be questioning the hire.

Neighbors the S&C guy has worked under some of the best in the business at A&M BR and Alabama.

I think the coaches he hired so far have been great additions.

Well we do have a lot of coaches that come from Louisiana that were former players and coaches. I am not saying every coach played for us! I just hope they have the experience on how to handle this situation. Complaining about it will not fix the problem, and experienced coaching staff would have trouble navigating through all the coaching changes and transfers. I just hope they have a answer to this besides tweeting and going on talk shows!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I said that should be our expectations and why not? Doesn't mean it will happen but we have had 3 straight double digit win seasons, two conference championships the last two years. Napier has proven what this program can be. No need to lower expectations now. You think big time College Football programs lower their expectations? We want to be big time? Expect it. If Des cannot maintain this and re load than he is not the man for the job. That is the coaching profession. Time will tell and I have all faith in the world in Des. I promise you Des knows the expectations now and what he is taking on.

Just like with Basketball, my expectation and everyone's should always be to get in the NCAA and win a NCAA tourney game, no matter how we do year in and year out.

Geaux Louisiana!
    Other than Jorge Munoz, every single coach currently on the staff under Coach Desormeaux was hired by Billy Napier. Lamar Morgan was hired in 2019 and later left the program for Houston. So, if you trusted this staff under Billy Napier that won 13 games this past season, why not trust them now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information