Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL NIL Ideas

Support UL NIL Ideas

Just thinking out loud, plus I remember a billboard for an attorney in Atlanta that featured a Georgia Bulldog D-Lineman.

Security Company....UL O'Line LB's, DB's
    Delivery Service, fast food restaurant, speed shop...UL Back or WR
    Plate Lunch....O or D line or lineman
    Attorney...O or D line

You get the idea,
    Probably small potatoes, but it would be something...at least get off the mark.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL NIL Ideas

O line. Whoever provides big dozers in Acadiana, and even state wide.

Default Re: UL NIL Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    O line. Whoever provides big dozers in Acadiana, and even state wide.
    Louisiana Equipment...Put the starting O line on big dozers, great tv or billboard...

I am concerned about the NIL situation, but I am more concerned that the same companies that would provide this type of support are currently being asked to help fund the stadium construction. There is not a bottomless pit of donors in Lafayette. I think the university needs to concentrate on getting the stadium project complete first and foremost.

^this

Donors are being asked to fund RCAF, fund the stadium reno and now asked to create an NIL deal for players. My business is very small potatoes but even larger companies only have so much advertising/donation dollars.

You don't approach current donors....lots of businesses here are "casual interest" because they've never been approached. You just have to be creative and get away from any of the current solisitation models. Ideas sell, always have, always will. UL has spent too much time being the casual destination for marketing and creative ideas. Same guys all the time. Think differently. Be creative. Which, I know in the past with marketing has been a challenge for UL...

Didn’t we promote 4 full time staff members to focus on NIL year round?

Injury Lawyers have loads of cash. Hit the big firms. They need to give back some of that money to society anyway after getting rich off of others mishaps. Let’s not use that as a sales pitch though. Lol!

Just announced that McKernan Law Firm has a NIL deal with Keshon Boutte WR, LSU.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Just announced that McKernan Law Firm has a NIL deal with Keshon Boutte WR, LSU.
    Dirty, ambulance chasing money!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Dirty, ambulance chasing money!
    Dirty money never spends well.

These players will eventually look like the nascar drivers with company logos all over their jerseys or helmets. I can see a "Get Gordon" helmet sticker. Why wouldnt it go that route at some point?

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL NIL Ideas

The courts have already said no. They can however tattoo their bodies. Maybe works for basketball and soccer players, not so much on football players.

14. Default Re: UL NIL Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    These players will eventually look like the nascar drivers with company logos all over their jerseys or helmets. I can see a "Get Gordon" helmet sticker. Why wouldnt it go that route at some point?
    I have been begging the refs for years "One Call, That's All"

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Let's go Brandon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information