Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    She was a terrific pitcher. I think to be considered elite, a pitcher has to get their team to the world series.
    Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hamilton?
    So easy on the eyes!

Kayla Hall, Brooke Mitchell, Ashley Brignac, Jordan Wallace.

Who am I missing?
    For starters you have one on your list that isn't on mine.

Most forget Cheryl Longeway, who was here for two years. Best LHP in school history. Brought us to the WCWS twice and won a game there each time.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    For starters you have one on your list that isn't on mine.

Most forget Cheryl Longeway, who was here for two years. Best LHP in school history. Brought us to the WCWS twice and won a game there each time.
    You're right. Cheryl was elite. So, if one I have is not elite, that brings my list back down to four. I'm thinking your list doesn't include Jordan Wallace.

5. Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Mr. CajunVic it looks to be his defensive starting lineup. Who wasn't highlighted? I see information for every player am I missing someone?
    Look at it again, you will see it clearly.

You're right. Cheryl was elite. So, if one I have is not elite, that brings my list back down to four. I'm thinking your list doesn't include Jordan Wallace.
    I would like to see jays list.

7. Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    This year, we are going to make HISTORY, we will have four ELITE pitchers. Two will be able to throw 72 mph with control and 2 will be in the high 60's with a lot of spin and control. Watch for it. If you can spread the pitching duties out, your pitchers will remain fresh. Justin has already made reservations in OKC.
    Curious as to who are the 2 Cajun pitchers that you have marked down that can throw 72 with control?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Mr. Roarman might be the only poster in this board to actually have seen all 5. From what I understand he is one of the original fans from the start of the program.
    Mister?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Curious as to who are the 2 Cajun pitchers that you have marked down that can throw 72 with control?
    Mark. Both you and I know there is not a pitcher on the Cajun team who is currently throwing 72 mph.

You've been fortunate in getting to see Montana Fouts pitch in person and hit that number over the last couple of years.

There's a huge difference between 67 mph and 72 mph.

Karly Heath, Megan Shorman

I'll watched the radar gun in the outfield all through fall ball. Never hit 70, much less, 72.

As the most casual of casual softball fans, I'm confused. Do we have elite pitchers this year or not lol

UL has been blessed with many excellent pitchers over the years and I have been around for all of them (yeah, I know I'm old). Hard to select which ones are the best but Brooke Mitchell really stands out to me in my opinion. At her best she was incredible. Before her injury Ashley Brignac had the potential to be the best pitcher in program history. Even after the injury she was still a very good pitcher and one of my favorites.

What what I understand is Heath hit 70 only one time and Schorman has hit 67,68....We will not have any 72 mph pitchers with control.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    As the most casual of casual softball fans, I'm confused. Do we have elite pitchers this year or not lol
    The answer is no.

When one speaks of elite pitchers I think of most recently Rachel Garcia at UCLA, Kelly Barnhill at Florida, and going back a ways, Kalani Ricketts at Oklahoma, Jenny Finch at Arizona, Cat Osterman at Texas and Monica Abbott at Tennessee.

In 2022 I see two elite pitchers, Montana Fouts of Alabama, and Gabby Plain of Washington. You can maybe throw in Sandercock of FSU.

I think Kandra Lamb will be an elite pitcher in the Sunbelt Conference. Nationally is a different story. I'm hoping she will be. But, to do it she's going to have to beat some power five schools and get the team to the world series.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information