Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Decent summation of the team. Sophie will force the team to be its best because she will work very hard at being her best. Karly Heath will be a great pitcher and will reach 72 mph. Vanessa Foreman took lessons from Kyla Hall last summer and changed her delivery because of that. She is our only left handed pitcher. Melissa Mayeux stayed here during Christmas break and worked hours and hours EVERY day. She will be a slugger. Ari Quinones is a better second baseman than Stormy Kotzelnick. Who knows where Stormy will play?
    Gerry will change the lineup a lot at the beginning of the season. Whoever practices harder will be on the field. They will all practice hard, Gerry will have a really difficult time. He came in four years ago wanting to have a pitching staff with a starter, reliever and closer. We may see that this year. He says none of the pitchers will have 30 wins, the games will be divided pretty evenly amongst the three or four pitchers, with each having 10 to 15 starts. What a luxury! It is an exciting time to be a Cajun Softball fan.
    Whoever practices harder will be on the field? Probably whoever produces will be on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Decent summation of the team. Sophie will force the team to be its best because she will work very hard at being her best. Karly Heath will be a great pitcher and will reach 72 mph. Vanessa Foreman took lessons from Kyla Hall last summer and changed her delivery because of that. She is our only left handed pitcher. Melissa Mayeux stayed here during Christmas break and worked hours and hours EVERY day. She will be a slugger. Ari Quinones is a better second baseman than Stormy Kotzelnick. Who knows where Stormy will play?
    Gerry will change the lineup a lot at the beginning of the season. Whoever practices harder will be on the field. They will all practice hard, Gerry will have a really difficult time. He came in four years ago wanting to have a pitching staff with a starter, reliever and closer. We may see that this year. He says none of the pitchers will have 30 wins, the games will be divided pretty evenly amongst the three or four pitchers, with each having 10 to 15 starts. What a luxury! It is an exciting time to be a Cajun Softball fan.
    Nice post. However, there are a couple of things I don't see happening. First, there may be only two or three pitchers across the nation who will throw 72 miles an hour consistently. Heath will not be one of them. Nice thought, though.

Secondly, I don't think the player who sees the most playing time on the field, where the position is competitive, will be the one who practices the hardest. I think the position will go to the player who hits better than the other player or players.

Finally, I heard what you heard. Glasco says he'd like to have three pitchers who each start 10 to 15 games. History shows there's always been one pitcher who gets more innings than the others. I have to believe one pitcher is going to start 20 to 25 games. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

I hope the kids are vocal in the dugout this year. It’s fun when the ladies rally to support each other at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Nice post. However, there are a couple of things I don't see happening. First, there may be only two or three pitchers across the nation who will throw 72 miles an hour consistently. Heath will not be one of them. Nice thought, though.

Secondly, I don't think the player who sees the most playing time on the field, where the position is competitive, will be the one who practices the hardest. I think the position will go to the player who hits better than the other player or players.

Finally, I heard what you heard. Glasco says he'd like to have three pitchers who each start 10 to 15 games. History shows there's always been one pitcher who gets more innings than the others. I have to believe one pitcher is going to start 20 to 25 games. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.
    History shows usually one pitcher will seperate themselves from the others, especially in softball.Like Mr. Roarman said we will have to see how it shakes out. Mr. Looney Lou can you give us your breakdown of the roster and how you think everything will shake out?

Thanks for the information JMV. We seem to have a lot of young talent that bodes. Looking forward to the upcoming season. Just hope this young talent can gel quickly and grow up fast. Age brings wisdom, youth brings excitement. Hope we have enough wisdom to corral all the excitement this team should provide.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post

Yes, this is true but to win the World Series, you need a minimum of two studdettes on the mound. Three would be a blessing. By the time conference championship comes around as well as post play, one pitcher will never make it through all the way. Will always get burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Yes, this is true but to win the World Series, you need a minimum of two studdettes on the mound. Three would be a blessing. By the time conference championship comes around as well as post play, one pitcher will never make it through all the way. Will always get burnt out.
    I agree. Having three studdets is wishful thinking. There's not one team in the nation with three.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    To get to the WCWS you must have an ELITE pitcher. We've had roughly five of those in our history.

The English language is robust and flexible. Can we somehow eliminate stud/studette as descriptors for our female athletes?

I believe it is possible.

10. Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    The English language is robust and flexible. Can we somehow eliminate stud/studette as descriptors for our female athletes?

Is that anything like STUDious??

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post

I just replied to what the previous poster posted. Sorry if you were triggered.

12. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

There’s no equivalent term for stud in regards to females in the animal kingdom. We could always go with ace if you feel better about that.

And I liked studette.

14. Default Re: 2022 JMVCAJUNS Softball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There’s no equivalent term for stud in regards to females in the animal kingdom. We could always go with ace if you feel better about that.
    Dogs are boys, Cats are girls.

I knew that fact when I was 3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Dogs are boys, Cats are girls.

I knew that fact when I was 3
    Same here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information