Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Curious who will be the 2nd and 3rd running back now

Default Re: Curious who will be the 2nd and 3rd running back now

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What’s this “We”? If his teammates will take him back (he never left) what does it matter to you? Some supposed grown men around here need to get over themselves.
    You mean the RPCA?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe most people are neutral to the individual players. They’re glad to help them because they’re UL athletes. In most cases they’re not dropping a dime on people in similar situations only not a gifted. athlete.

Can’t blame someone for being offended by the mercenary players who clearly don’t appreciate the donors contributions. You seem to want to belittle the group that’s making all this possible.
    You seem to suggest I’m not in the group

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I don’t know if we want him back… he is trying to abandon his teammates.
    Pretty sure most people would gladly take him back

Heck yea I'd take him back I'm not mad at players for moving on or testing the water. I'm mad at the system and the timing of it all. Hopefully this off season will have us doing other things to prepare for up coming seasons.

Montrell is gone and the fact is if he doesn’t want to be here and will try to shop around again next year with his name in the portal then I don’t want him on this team… he is not a team player or a culture fit.
    I don’t think we should crap on Montrell or any player entering the portal. They are immature and we never know if or when thy will “see the light”!

Montrell is gone and the fact is if he doesn’t want to be here and will try to shop around again next year with his name in the portal then I don’t want him on this team… he is not a team player or a culture fit.
    Do you say that about all people who get paid to play and shop the free agent market?

Not all situations are the same. I’d take Montrell back in a heart beat. He obviously is just testing the waters. May have gotten bad advice. He has been a good team player otherwise. I would not take lacy back at this point if he came in begging on on his knees because of the way he has handled things. Plus he is not a good teammate and pouts when he doesn’t get his way. He is a cancer in the locker room and WR room.

8. Default Re: Curious who will be the 2nd and 3rd running back now

“Plus he is not a good teammate and pouts when he doesn’t get his way. He is a cancer in the locker room and WR room.”

And you know this how?

“Plus he is not a good teammate and pouts when he doesn’t get his way. He is a cancer in the locker room and WR room.”

And you know this how?
    I’ve had conversations with people in the room. You can see the pouting on the sidelines if you ever pay attention to him coming off of the field. Watched his twitter all season he is definitely all about him first team 2nd.

10. Default Re: Curious who will be the 2nd and 3rd running back now

NIL + Transfer Portal + Instant Eligibility = X

X is a new collegiate era for athletes, where they have the ability to showcase their talents at the school they sign with out of high school via social media, games on streaming platforms, and online stats to other schools across the country. The primary goal for these athletes is to sign with a P5 program that will offer financial benefits under the NIL framework. P5 schools will use their financial resources to implement strategies to encourage athletes to enter the transfer portal, offer the athlete financial benefits, and position themselves to win championships. In this era, the education of the athlete only matters as it relates to eligibility.

And you know this how?
    He is pretty spot on with that assessment. Just saying.

12. Default Re: Curious who will be the 2nd and 3rd running back now

Just not a guy who likes to trash players. No, not happy he’s going. I do value loyalty over all else.

Once he’s gone he’s gone and out of mind we’ve not got anything to be loyal to him about.

Fan of NFL, MLB, etc. teams take players "back" all the time when they re-sign after either holding out or "testing the waters".

Now, I'm not saying I want college football to be like that. In fact, the minute it becomes exactly like that might be the minute I stop caring. That said, I think these first 2 to 3 years of NIL combined with the free agency portal, you're going to see some kids (adults, they are 18 now) make some ill-advised decisions. For a player like Montrell Johnson, I can see that happening like it has out the gate after a really awesome true freshman year.

At the end of the day, as long as his teammates are good with him and he's had a track record of a hard working, coachable player, I'd rather see him return back to the team and contribute than make a decision to go to a place like...Michigan State (just using an example), then for one reason or another gets buried on the depth chart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information