Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is going on?

Default What is going on?

Does anybody have any inside info as to what the hell is going on with all these starters transferring out? Is it a culture issue in less than a month?

Default Re: What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Does anybody have any inside info as to what the hell is going on with all these starters transferring out? Is it a culture issue in less than a month?
    $$$$$$$$$$

Ragin' Cajuns Re: What is going on?

The beginning of the end. Not just us but all except 8-12 schools!
    Kid at Texas has not walked onto campus or taken a snap on the field and he makes (NIL $4 million ) more than anyone at the school (administrators, teachers and most coach’s/assistants). Think how crazy that is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I’d expand that number to about 20, but yeah. That’s where it’s headed.

Unfortunately, this is a new era of NCAA football. And I’m afraid UL isn’t on the right side of the fence…

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Kid at Texas has not walked onto campus or taken a snap on the field and he makes (NIL $4 million ) more than anyone at the school (administrators, teachers and most coach’s/assistants). Think how crazy that is!!!
    How did you come up with that number? Can you give us a breakdown?

I think there is one thing I learned is that there ain’t no loyalty to our university from student athletes…. Transfer portal needs more rules…. If you leave school early you should pay that scholly back...we need actual contracts for players and players must sit out a year before the can play…NIL has just screwed college football in one year.

NIL and transfer portal combo = total ____ show especially for G5 schools

I’ve supported the idea of paying players and it was messed up that universities were making money off of the players likeness (video games), BUT, after seeing how this is going there has to be some changes. If a school is going to pay cost to attend, the student athlete can make NIL but if a player leaves they need to compensate the schools for the costs they have incurred.

Really just making layers sit a year would solve most of this.

I agree with previous posts that this will only benefit 10-20 schools. Even if playoffs are expanded the chasm between those 10-20 and everyone else will grow rapidly. The exoanded playoff participants will get crushed every time and the argument willl be made, “see, told ya those small schools couldn’t compete.” Then, separation is complete.

It’s a bummer, at least we had two great years we can all remember!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’ve supported the idea of paying players and it was messed up that universities were making money off of the players likeness (video games), BUT, after seeing how this is going there has to be some changes. If a school is going to pay cost to attend, the student athlete can make NIL but if a player leaves they need to compensate the schools for the costs they have incurred.

Really just making layers sit a year would solve most of this.

I agree with previous posts that this will only benefit 10-20 schools. Even if playoffs are expanded the chasm between those 10-20 and everyone else will grow rapidly. The exoanded playoff participants will get crushed every time and the argument willl be made, “see, told ya those small schools couldn’t compete.” Then, separation is complete.

It’s a bummer, at least we had two great years we can all remember!
    This is where I was and where I’m at as well.

Yeah, I think we can pretty much all agree that requiring a one-year sit out and only having five years to play four would go along way.

But I think the NCAA should also step in with the coaches.

I think the NCAA should require a minimum buyouts required if a coach is under contract. And if that coach is terminated within three years after being hired away from somebody else, there should be a bonus penalty to the previous employer.

College football is dead

At the time our new coach was announced It was my understanding all the players “loved” Mike. It was also said that our new coach will continue and enhance the culture and the program. On both instances this has proven to be wrong. Idk of many programs in the country that could survive what has taken place. If this portal crap and NIL stuff is not modified we will be in rebuild mode every year and that is something Dr Maggard did NOT base his hire on. Unfortunately Mike has a very steep hill to climb, and it almost feels like hes making that climb alone. Its a very unfortunate situation.

If these athletes want to be adults, then there has to be some accountability to the universities.

But but I was told the portal works both ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    College football is dead
    If I may expand on your post- College football as we knew it is dead. And its kind of sad. However everyone in college football has been chasing the dollars harder and harder as the money became bigtime over the past 20 years. The money pouring in will increase with the CFB playoff expanding to 12 or whatever in near future. More gas to pour on the fire. Can't blame these kids for chasing a dollar, just like the coaches, administrators, etc. Its the American way. Like all of us who have been in the workforce a good while, we know the grass isn't always greener out there. There will be hard lessons learned. Still, this stinks to high heaven watching our team's top talent being syphoned off overnight by the NIL/Portal. It is a bunch of BS how this is shaking out. We can't just throw our hands up and give up. So how do we compete in this new CFB free agency universe? Ragin Cajuns Athletics must develop NIL strategies, inviting every RCAF booster and all business supporters to participate in the process, get a game plan, etc. We're not going to compete at the SEC level, but like our projected year end ranking we need to aim for Top 5 of G5 NIL results. This NIL money grab is in its infancy. Its fast evolving, the train is taking off, no one knows where it going to end up. We need to jump aboard and do our best to play this NIL game successfully -get the players. . . no matter how much we don't like it what it entails. Just give it our best shot. CMD posted a quote by Albert Einstein today on Twitter that sums it up well-"In the middle of every difficulty, lies opportunity".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information