Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Kyren Lacy, portalets to LSU

Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, enters transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He and Glenn Schuman were co defensive coordinators and that is Kirby smarts defense. Very similar situation to mike
    The Co doesn’t matter. Lanning called the plays. Completely different than Des.

They had a lot of guys who helped game plan but Lanning made the calls on game day.

Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, portalets to LSU

Any recruiting news? I thought some big studs were supposed to be visiting?

Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, enters transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    The Co doesn’t matter. Lanning called the plays. Completely different than Des.

They had a lot of guys who helped game plan but Lanning made the calls on game day.
    Still doesn’t have a ton of experience over mike, and from the bowl game I have zero concerns with Mike’s play calling. Also as said previously with Leger, viator and Munoz here it’s not like Mike doesn’t have guys to lean on.

I don’t believe that Lanning was a legitimate option. He likely made more at UGA than we pay our HC. And you aren’t leaving a national championship team as DC and taking a sun belt job. He was always going to go P5.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    I think C4L is taking about the WR.
    I have seen nothing released from the university in regards to a WR transferring to UL. By the same token, I have seen no Twitter announcement from any WR announcing they are transferring here. Hope that this is a rumor which comes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I don’t believe that Lanning was a legitimate option. He likely made more at UGA than we pay our HC. And you aren’t leaving a national championship team as DC and taking a sun belt job. He was always going to go P5.
    He was interviewed

7. Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, portalets to LSU

Maggard never discussed who he interviewed that I recall. I’d be very surprised if it was. Those not chosen, or decided it’s not for them is usually very private. Really don’t know how we knew Billy wasn’t going to Auburn or some others. His agent must have leaked it.

If you seriously believe Dan Lanning would’ve taken the UL job over Oregon, I’d like to know what you’re smoking.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/12/...ootball-coach/

A University of Oregon committee Tuesday approved a $29.1 million contract for the new Ducks head football coach.

According to board documents, Lanning’s first year salary — $4.6 million — is ranked the fifth highest out of coaches in the PAC-12 and 27th nationally.

9. Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, portalets to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    If you seriously believe Dan Lanning would’ve taken the UL job over Oregon, I’d like to know what you’re smoking.

Its just one guy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, help a brother out.

Just who is this?
    It will be announced soon enough. But I’m not 100% sure he’s on campus yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post

Oregon was not open when he Interviewed... Cristobal was still at Oregon when Des was named the HC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Oregon was not open when he Interviewed... Cristobal was still at Oregon when Des was named the HC
    Lanning's salary at Georgia was 1.7 million. That's not with incentives. That's base. No way Louisiana could match that.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Lanning's salary at Georgia was 1.7 million. That's not with incentives. That's base. No way Louisiana could match that.
    Napier made $2M last season

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Napier made $2M last season
    pretty sure that was with incentives.

15. Default Re: WR Kyren Lacy, portalets to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    pretty sure that was with incentives.
    And 3 prior years as a head coach. The truth is nobody knows if he’d take the job if offered for less than he was making. Nobody is promised a head job. Plenty people thought CBN was playing with fire.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information