Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MBB: Game Against Little Rock Canceled Due to COVID-19 Concerns

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Looks to Preserve Perfect Conference Record Agains

I thought they changed the rule now saying if you have to cancel due to covid you forfeit?

Default Re: MBB Game Cancelled vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This nonsense has to stop.
    Agreed, it's past ridiculous. Play the damn games. The team that backs out should forfeit. Also, why aren't the games rescheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought they changed the rule now saying if you have to cancel due to covid you forfeit?
    It should definitely be a forfeit if they pull a Covid Carolina.

4. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Looks to Preserve Perfect Conference Record Agains

I’m not going that far. Really don’t believe forfeits are the answer. Still it shouldn’t impact the teams ready to go. Unfortunately this is college and rescheduling isn’t very feasible considering classes and the travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not going that far. Really don’t believe forfeits are the answer. Still it shouldn’t impact the teams ready to go. Unfortunately this is college and rescheduling isn’t very feasible considering classes and the travel time.
    This may never end. Now if you sneeze, you're probably in the stupid protocol. Why should the team that's ready to play be penalized?

Default Re: MBB Game Cancelled vs Little Rock

When is the next basketball coach's show on the radio?

7. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Looks to Preserve Perfect Conference Record Agains

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    This may never end. Now if you sneeze, you're probably in the stupid protocol. Why should the team that's ready to play be penalized?
    Just think you’re overdramatizing it. Nothing like Covid Coastal last year. I just don’t believe in forced loses or found wins. Even Covid Coastal shouldn’t have had a loss, we should have been the standard barer with their failure to play.

They are the answer.

9. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Looks to Preserve Perfect Conference Record Agains

Well it’s not the answer. The vast majority of coaching fraternity has come out against forfeits. What’s not possible isn’t ever the answer. Coaches aren’t taking losses for things out of their control.

Default Re: MBB: Game Against Little Rock Canceled Due to COVID-19 Concerns

Well, according to the mothership we’re road dogs both games next week.

11. Default Re: MBB: Game Against Little Rock Canceled Due to COVID-19 Concerns

Better get out our Road bulldozer coach Brock Morris perfect on the road.

Default Re: MBB: Game Against Little Rock Canceled Due to COVID-19 Concerns

Little Rock only traveled nine players to Monroe...not because of COVID, but because of injury. None of those players had to do with COVID. On game day, three became symptomatic and tested positive. That forced the cancellation.

And, I think that's why the forfeit thing went away. With 13 scholarships available if you have some guys get hurt and then have COVID on top of it, that makes it tough. It's different with football, obviously.

Our team was at shootaround practice when they got the word.

Well it’s not the answer. The vast majority of coaching fraternity has come out against forfeits. What’s not possible isn’t ever the answer. Coaches aren’t taking losses for things out of their control.
    Yes sir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information