Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 83, Arkansas State 77

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 83, Arkansas State 77

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Regardless I’m bummed that we didn’t play a God awful LilRock yesterday.
    Is basketball similar to football where teams unable to play due to Covid have to forfeit those games?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We deserve some credit for some defense but we were caught chasing for a while in that game and they just missed shots. Sometimes that is what you need to win games, especially without your best player. And Desi Sills is not a good shooter. He is like 20% from 3.
    He didn't shoot a lot of 3's. He's 47% overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Is basketball similar to football where teams unable to play due to Covid have to forfeit those games?
    Games canceled due to Covid are simply not used in the standings. Original plan was to have forfeits involved. That was scrapped when case count rose rapidly.

4. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 83, Arkansas State 77

There’s got to be a way that the SBC is going to seed teams that have the same number of cancelled games. I suspect if you’re the canceler your seed is worse than the victim team. It could get very nutty if you more teams with the same issues in a round robin type canceler victim.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There’s got to be a way that the SBC is going to seed teams that have the same number of cancelled games. I suspect if you’re the canceler your seed is worse than the victim team. It could get very nutty if you more teams with the same issues in a round robin type canceler victim.
    The way I read the statement from the Sunbelt is the threshold is playing 80% of games scheduled, which would mean the 4th cancelled game takes you below the threshold. Teams above the threshold would be seeded by winning % and then teams below the threshold would seeded below them based on winning %. If someone knows more feel free to correct me. Of course this may be soon revised because as of now Texas St. and Georgia St are already on the cusp of falling below with 1 more cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    The way I read the statement from the Sunbelt is the threshold is playing 80% of games scheduled, which would mean the 4th cancelled game takes you below the threshold. Teams above the threshold would be seeded by winning % and then teams below the threshold would seeded below them based on winning %. If someone knows more feel free to correct me. Of course this may be soon revised because as of now Texas St. and Georgia St are already on the cusp of falling below with 1 more cancellation.
    It's 80% of the games actually played, not scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    It's 80% of the games actually played, not scheduled.
    Jay, can you elaborate on this policy? I am a little confused as to the seeding rules. I also think it would be very unfair if a team could not play enough games to be seeded properly if all of their cancellations were due to the scheduled opponents not being able to play. Not sure if an allowance is made for that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Jay, can you elaborate on this policy? I am a little confused as to the seeding rules. I also think it would be very unfair if a team could not play enough games to be seeded properly if all of their cancellations were due to the scheduled opponents not being able to play. Not sure if an allowance is made for that circumstance.
    I went back and read it again and Jay is correct in it is 80% of the games played. The way I interpret that is they will take the total number of conference games played and divide by 12 for an average number per team. If an individual team has played less than 80% of that average then they fall below the threshold. This system makes it much tougher for a team to fall below.

I went back and read it again and Jay is correct in it is 80% of the games played. The way I interpret that is they will take the total number of conference games played and divide by 12 for an average number per team. If an individual team has played less than 80% of that average then they fall below the threshold. This system makes it much tougher for a team to fall below.
    I think you pretty much nailed it.

If it were 80% of scheduled games it would be 14.4 (80% of 18). There was confusion over that last year when it looked like Georgia State wouldn't qualify. That's when we got the definition of games played vs. games scheduled.

I still don't get why a team whose opponent cancelled games is penalized at all when it's beyond their control.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information