Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 83, Arkansas State 77

1. Default Re: stAte vs Louisiana

Great win 83/77

Default Re: stAte vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Great win 83/77
    Wait, what?

3-0 in conference play and got victory without best player in Brown. I'll take it!

#15 for Ark. St. is really good. He'll probably get poached by a P5 with a NIL deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    #15 for Ark. St. is really good. He'll probably get poached by a P5 with a NIL deal.
    Was thinking the same thing

Wow!

Mike balado is still a twat

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Bob was right on one thing. That was a grown man suited up for stAte. Agree, he’ll be elsewhere next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Bob was right on one thing. That was a grown man suited up for stAte. Agree, he’ll be elsewhere next season.
    And he’s a Freshman. Really good player.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    And he’s a Freshman. Really good player.
    Their big (think his name is Omir) is a super freshman. Freshman of the year a season ago. That guy has an NBA body and skills to go with it. Not sure if he will be playing in college next season or playing pro ball somewhere (may not be in the NBA). He is likely to be SBC player of the year this season. Although he had a great game, the Cajuns continue to do a great job of guarding the perimeter. Red Wolves guards shot 6 for 36 and under 30 percent on threes. Cajuns are one of the best in the country at defending the three ball. They do put emphasis on that which results from their analytics study. Half court offense still too stagnant at times but at least the turnover numbers continue to go down. I expect the offense to improve when AU is able to play more minutes. Things just flow so much smoother when he is in the game. He dribbles with a purpose which our other point guards do not always do. Wesley did come up big in the second half however. I was pleased with how the guys did not panic and stayed focused when they lost the lead. Overall very satisfying win considering our best player was not available and the opponent was one of the hottest teams in the league. Great way to end my birthday.

Happy birthday!

Well one thing that is aggravating about about trying to watch a game on replay without knowing what happened is when you turn it on and see it lasted 2 hours and 19 minutes you pretty much know it is going to overtime.

Overall a really nice win over a good conference opponent missing Brown. Au looked really good, 5 assists in 11 minutes. Even if he can only play 15 minutes or so a game he can help this team and I like the 3 man rotation approach to PG as it frees up Williams to play off guard which he looked good tonight as well.

Have to say Dou stepped up and played well in Brown’s absence. Nice to see the 2 double doubles from him and Theo. However that was a classic Dou face palm moment when he put up the backwards shot after getting the offensive board late in regulation. If he holds it and gets it back outside I don’t think the game goes to overtime.

Omier is a beast but he should have been gone with 2 minutes left in regulation on what was called the jump ball. Glad that call didn’t end up costing us the game.

13. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Moves to 3-0 in SBC with 83-77 OT Win Over Arkansas St.

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns basketball team won a very competitive overtime game against Arkansas State at the Cajundome to remain undefeated in Sun Belt play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Their big (think his name is Omir) is a super freshman. Freshman of the year a season ago. That guy has an NBA body and skills to go with it. Not sure if he will be playing in college next season or playing pro ball somewhere (may not be in the NBA). He is likely to be SBC player of the year this season. Although he had a great game, the Cajuns continue to do a great job of guarding the perimeter. Red Wolves guards shot 6 for 36 and under 30 percent on threes. Cajuns are one of the best in the country at defending the three ball. They do put emphasis on that which results from their analytics study. Half court offense still too stagnant at times but at least the turnover numbers continue to go down. I expect the offense to improve when AU is able to play more minutes. Things just flow so much smoother when he is in the game. He dribbles with a purpose which our other point guards do not always do. Wesley did come up big in the second half however. I was pleased with how the guys did not panic and stayed focused when they lost the lead. Overall very satisfying win considering our best player was not available and the opponent was one of the hottest teams in the league. Great way to end my birthday.
    Great recap Mike. My thoughts exactly. Also thought it was great seeing Richards give us good minutes considering he knows he won't be with us in the spring and 3 games in March. My thoughts exactly on Au. While he is kind of chunky and slow, he knows where he's going with the ball and he can actually create.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Well one thing that is aggravating about about trying to watch a game on replay without knowing what happened is when you turn it on and see it lasted 2 hours and 19 minutes you pretty much know it is going to overtime.

Overall a really nice win over a good conference opponent missing Brown. Au looked really good, 5 assists in 11 minutes. Even if he can only play 15 minutes or so a game he can help this team and I like the 3 man rotation approach to PG as it frees up Williams to play off guard which he looked good tonight as well.

Have to say Dou stepped up and played well in Brown’s absence. Nice to see the 2 double doubles from him and Theo. However that was a classic Dou face palm moment when he put up the backwards shot after getting the offensive board late in regulation. If he holds it and gets it back outside I don’t think the game goes to overtime.

Omier is a beast but he should have been gone with 2 minutes left in regulation on what was called the jump ball. Glad that call didn’t end up costing us the game.
    Yeah, my butt puckers up every time that guy (Dou) gets his hands on the ball.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information