Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Fish, ya know no job is unimportant in the Saban system Napier followed and we’re expecting CDM to replicate. Accepting that I’ve always found that some people do acceptable work and others outstanding regardless of the job. It’s never a given that the next man up will be as good. It’s also not a given he won’t be better. Familiarity creates comfort for sure.
    The reason I said GAs don't matter is because someone else said they can only serve 2 years. As far as the analysts, I did not say they were not important, only that they are not coaches and provide data for the coaches. There are a lot of young guys out there that would give anything for a shot at these jobs. I suspect that some of them are just as qualified as the ones that Napier took. But maybe I am wrong. During my career, I did hire hundreds of people that (sometimes) replaced some very good people who moved on. No one is irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The reason I said GAs don't matter is because someone else said they can only serve 2 years. As far as the analysts, I did not say they were not important, only that they are not coaches and provide data for the coaches. There are a lot of young guys out there that would give anything for a shot at these jobs. I suspect that some of them are just as qualified as the ones that Napier took. But maybe I am wrong. During my career, I did hire hundreds of people that (sometimes) replaced some very good people who moved on. No one is irreplaceable.
    Correct but time isn't exactly on our side.

3. Default Re: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I was talking about the analyst. You are right, nobody is irreplaceable. You just don’t want to replace everyone at once. I stand by my view that no two people are guaranteed to do the job at the same level of competence.

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Guess the competitive person in me doesn't understand why he would want to go to TCU when they didn't want him coming out of college.
    If you think about it, that's probably the situation with all of our other players that entered the portal and are heading elsewhere. Now that UL developed them, they will be poached. The NIL in combination with the portal is the perfect combination for the "haves". We're just a farm league university for them now. Signing NLI mean nothing now.

Until we ourselves can figure out how to use the transfer portal and NIL inward then Sadly G5’s may become like JUCO’s of the past. The powers got what they wanted out of all this. I hope I am wrong and we are just seeing a result of losing our entire staff and a few players.

6. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    If you think about it, that's probably the situation with all of our other players that entered the portal and are heading elsewhere. Now that UL developed them, they will be poached. The NIL in combination with the portal is the perfect combination for the "haves". We're just a farm league university for them now. Signing NLI mean nothing now.
    NLI and NIL so similar, so different.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Until we ourselves can figure out how to use the transfer portal and NIL inward then Sadly G5’s may become like JUCO’s of the past. The powers got what they wanted out of all this. I hope I am wrong and we are just seeing a result of losing our entire staff and a few players.
    At least Daddy Saban has already come out and said things will need to change.

There's hope I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    At least Daddy Saban has already come out and said things will need to change.

There's hope I guess?
    He is simply letting everyone know that he can make it much worse for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I know we all talk about the players that are leaving via transfer portal so i have two questions....How many have we lost so far and have we picked up any?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I know we all talk about the players that are leaving via transfer portal so i have two questions....How many have we lost so far and have we picked up any?
    Officially committed elsewhere:
    Dominique Ratcliffe (DL) -> TxSt
    Kobe Hylton (S) -> UTEP
    Emani Bailey (RB) -> TCU
    Kam Waites (OL) -> Florida

Transfer Portal:
    O'Cyrus Torrence (OL)
    Montrell Johnson (RB)
    Kyren Lacy (WR)
    Mekhi Williams-Garner (DB)
    Bobby Holmes (DB)
    Matthew Anderson (OL)

Haven't received a commit from the transfer portal yet, but I saw we offered a kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Kobe Hylton (S) -> UTEP
    Emani Bailey (RB) -> TCU

Transfer Portal:
    O'Cyrus Torrence (OL)
    Montrell Johnson (RB)
    Kyren Lacy (WR)
    Bobby Holmes (DB)
    Matthew Anderson (OL)

Haven't received a commit from the transfer portal yet, but I saw we offered a kicker.
    Is it safe to assume that Ratcliff and Hylton did not see much playing time here and weren't figuring on moving up the depth chart much? Only reason I can figure why they would be moving to those schools, unless they are closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Kobe Hylton (S) -> UTEP
    Emani Bailey (RB) -> TCU

Transfer Portal:
    O'Cyrus Torrence (OL)
    Montrell Johnson (RB)
    Kyren Lacy (WR)
    Bobby Holmes (DB)
    Matthew Anderson (OL)

Ratcliffe and Hilton have signed. They both left before December.

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    NLI and NIL so similar, so different.
    Yep.

Des said they are about 70% as far as the support staff hires are concerned. He also said they may look at the portal for one or two offensive linemen but that's about it.

He also said Jamal Bell and David Hudson have decided to return for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Des said they are about 70% as far as the support staff hires are concerned. He also said they may look at the portal for one or two offensive linemen but that's about it.

He also said Jamal Bell and David Hudson have decided to return for another year.
    Was there a press conference with him today? KATC sports posted a picture that would have suggested so

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information