Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj;[URL="tel:1333623"
    1333623[/URL]]Thanks. You can make your $2,000,000 check to Cajun Athletic Charaties. Not trying to be a smart ass but very few G5 schools, and not many lower P5, will be able to compete financially
    There will be about 30 teams that NOBODY will be able to compete with for players.

P5/G5 are yesterday’s terms. The new terminology will be unrestricted/restricted.

The top group will operate without NIL restrictions and serve as the minor league for the NFL outside of any NCAA governance.

The rest will operate in a restricted NIL environment very similar to the collegiate model we’ve known. Probably governed by a renewed NCAA.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Thanks. You can make your $2,000,000 check to Cajun Athletic Charaties. Not trying to be a smart ass but very few G5 schools, and not many lower P5, will be able to compete financially
    That's what the local business owners are out there for. They're the ones who are supposed to be providing the NIL opportunities for our players. T-Joe and Dr. Maggard need to be on the phone with those guys.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions

Absolutely not. As a business owner and a UL fan most of my adult life, I do not and will not get into a biiding war for players. Everything else we are doing with facility improvements, rcaf, etc. I am fully supportive.

But bidding on players is not in my future.

I think we need to separate the different types of NIL payments. Giving money to a kid that plays for a school just to do so is sketchy. However, if a player does like Vallot did and hosts a camp or puts on an event for the kids while making a little money off of it, I would support him and donate/sponsor the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I think we need to separate the different types of NIL payments. Giving money to a kid that plays for a school just to do so is sketchy. However, if a player does like Vallot did and hosts a camp or puts on an event for the kids while making a little money off of it, I would support him and donate/sponsor the cause.
    Bingo! Big difference between giving kids money just to come here and getting them to rep your business (Like Advertising $$)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "Bigger school"? Was TCU ranked higher than us last few years? Have they put more RB's in the NFL last several years?
    I lived in a Fort Worth Suburb for 6 years. TCU has the largest following in DFW area, especially in Fort Worth which has a population in excess of 600,000, not counting the suburbs around it. For example, Arlington is closer to FW than Dallas and its population is over 400,000, There is a lot of money that can be accessed in that area. The population in Lafayette is 125,000. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "Bigger school"? Was TCU ranked higher than us last few years? Have they put more RB's in the NFL last several years?
    The difference between "Bigger" schools and others has nothing to do with wins and losses or ranking or how many players you get to the NFL. It's just about how much money is at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    That's what the local business owners are out there for. They're the ones who are supposed to be providing the NIL opportunities for our players. T-Joe and Dr. Maggard need to be on the phone with those guys.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions
    They have been, for the stadium. We've gotten more corporate dollars than any other period in UL athletics. The smaller business owners are involved with RCAF, but let's be realistic. Your average small business owners have limited advertising dollars. So signing an athlete that no one knows, how does that pay for itself and increase traffic to my business? Increase traffic on your web site,or Facebook page doesn't necessarily translate in to income.

If we are going to target business owners, it will need to be major size companies that can afford to spend excess funds outside their advertising budgets and don't have to justify it to a partner, or board.jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I lived in a Fort Worth Suburb for 6 years. TCU has the largest following in DFW area, especially in Fort Worth which has a population in excess of 600,000, not counting the suburbs around it. For example, Arlington is closer to FW than Dallas and its population is over 400,000, There is a lot of money that can be accessed in that area. The population in Lafayette is 125,000. Big difference.
    That was exactly my point. They are only moving for money. This BS about playing in front of bigger crowds are "better" chance at getting to the NFL, is just that.....Bullsh_t!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    The difference between "Bigger" schools and others has nothing to do with wins and losses or ranking or how many players you get to the NFL. It's just about how much money is at your disposal.
    That was my point. Its only about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I think it's safe to include the parish not just the city so 245K is the very immediate market but i agree with you. Apples to Oranges.

NIL and Transfer Portal will be the demise of many programs who are struggling to stay relevant and most will be in the G5.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I think it's safe to include the parish not just the city so 245K is the very immediate market but i agree with you. Apples to Oranges.

NIL and Transfer Portal will be the demise of many programs who are struggling to stay relevant and most will be in the G5.
    The Transfer Portal will be back on the table this spring and reviewed. The NIL is here to stay. The P5 programs don't want it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Absolutely not. As a business owner and a UL fan most of my adult life, I do not and will not get into a biiding war for players. Everything else we are doing with facility improvements, rcaf, etc. I am fully supportive.

But bidding on players is not in my future.
    Imagine a player making upwards of 10X what you make in a year and they continue to ask for donations. Its getting harder and harder for me to justify my measly contribution.

I hope they change the transfer portal, but when just looking at the player's interest, I don't see them making them wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The Transfer Portal will be back on the table this spring and reviewed. The NIL is here to stay. The P5 programs don't want it changed.
    And the players, their families, etc don't want to lose it.

I don't think universities nor the NCAA feel they could win a court case to fight NIL.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information