Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Yes. And apparently they can…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Showing up to campus, enrolling and being eligible to play. No one is handing these kids money until they enroll. No one is paying them just for consideration.
    But let's say I'm here this year. I make nice roster bonus. Is it rinse & repeat? What if Kick butt & become an All American? Can I bid myself out after doing one NIL? I guarantee that kind of stuff is gonna happen whether the schools that are playing this insane game want it to, or not.

3. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    But let's say I'm here this year. I make nice roster bonus. Is it rinse & repeat? What if Kick butt & become an All American? Can I bid myself out after doing one NIL? I guarantee that kind of stuff is gonna happen whether the schools that are playing this insane game want it to, or not.
    Thanks to ever-present portal promises NIL money for freshmen will rarely have any real ROI.

What happens whenever NIL Contractor with $500,000 worth of NIL Contracts walks into The athletic directors office and says, “ dude, I got money invested in my guys and they’re not seeing any playing time. My contribution to the athletic program might depend on whether or not my quarterback starts”?

5. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    What happens whenever NIL Contractor with $500,000 worth of NIL Contracts walks into The athletic directors office and says, “ dude, I got money invested in my guys and they’re not seeing any playing time. My contribution to the athletic program might depend on whether or not my quarterback starts”?
    Guaranteed nationwide scenario

This is ridiculous. I hope we can but I can't see how we can ever pull out of this. The G5 plane is in a tailspin to the ground. Because any player that we get, becomes an amazing talent, will be gone in a heartbeat. And just wait for early signing day and national signing day. NIL deals will already be in place for these upcoming players. We'll be left with crumbs. And recruiting? Hah! It's no longer what can the potential signee do for the university. It's now the recruit asking, "How much can you give me?" Will coaches be hesitant going after a certain player because in the back of their minds they know the kid won't be there but one season. I can see a ripple effect. How will this affect future conference TV deals? We were so pumped with the new additions to our conference and how the SBC was potentially the best G5 conference, UL in the Top 25 two years running. Look at how the SBC was getting better and better time slots and channels. Now, if we can't field a team worth the exposure, what direction does that go? And a friend of mine that is a big LSU fan hates what's going on. He sees this destroying college football. He really likes Dez and hates what's happening to us. He stated to me that he can see this not only crippling the G5 but creating divisions within the P5. He can see a championship division, which will be the only ones in the playoffs because they can buy the very best players then a second division of teams that are P5, but not that level. It's now an arms race.

Last edited by Crowley Cajun; January 7th, 2022 at 07:03 am. Reason: another thought

7. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Great football players will always want to play

Remember unless football starts allowing more than 11 on the field at a time, any recruiting method is an open ended assembly line straw.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I am making the assumption that Dez will be living in the transfer portal and Juco ranks this year. Replacing some of this talent from HS won't be easy. We are going to need to make sure we pull some ready to hit the field talent.
    If we don't get our ______ together and start pulling our own transfers in from the portal, we won't be able to compete with anyone in ANY SPORT.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    If we don't get our ______ together and start pulling our own transfers in from the portal, we won't be able to compete with anyone in ANY SPORT.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions
    Thanks. You can make your $2,000,000 check to Cajun Athletic Charaties. Not trying to be a smart ass but very few G5 schools, and not many lower P5, will be able to compete financially

"Bigger school"? Was TCU ranked higher than us last few years? Have they put more RB's in the NFL last several years?

11. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    "Bigger school"? Was TCU ranked higher than us last few years? Have they put more RB's in the NFL last several years?
    Don’t you know that’s not where it’s at in today’s college football world. They got this new NIL thing that nobody really knows anything about or,what to do with it, other than it’s the new Herion . . . Should be interesting . . .

The gap between G5 and P5 will continue to grow.

That's what I thought. We've lost 5 games in the past 3 years. Top 25 to close the season 2 years in a row. A school that has an exceptional recent history of putting players, especially running backs, into the NFL. I'd be interested to see where some of these guys land, because I can only think of hand full of "bigger schools" looking at the current landscape of college football.

I understand your point, however, historically, TCU has been the bigger school. They certainly play in the bigger conference, and have a much better chance of an NY6 bowl than does Louisiana. They also have a lot more fat cats who can pay bigger money than can Louisiana, and play in front of 2 to 3 times as many people as does Louisiana. None of that means I like it, just the facts.

If anything, the silver lining is I think the FCS move ups that hasn’t happened yet are going to tap the brakes. Too much financial volatility at this time, and the “promise” of the FBS payday may be in jeopardy down the road for newbies.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information