Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Well I guess that means we are returning to normal (6 to 8 win seasons and everything being a struggle). It was fun while it lasted and I am glad I got to experience it once before I died. I guess NIL is another way of saying "know your place".

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I thought that is who it was. I wonder now if Dr. Maggard would have known how all this played out, is Des is still his pick? I love Des, and I want him to do a great job, but you have to believe we try to go with a "Big Name" and a lot of these kids maybe wouldn't be leaving.....we will never know.
    He would have brought a few athletes with him, but unless he was writing his own personal checks to give NIL to these athletes, it wasn't going to keep programs with more money from pillaging your best talent. The previous staff hit on some kids and that is what we are seeing other programs take notice. They watch the film and other games as well. Any kids we hit on that ball out will be gone after two seasons at best.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He would have brought a few athletes with him, but unless he was writing his own personal checks to give NIL to these athletes, it wasn't going to keep programs with more money from pillaging your best talent. The previous staff hit on some kids and that is what we are seeing other programs take notice. They watch the film and other games as well. Any kids we hit on that ball out will be gone after two seasons at best.
    The G5 will become a 4 year juco.

Serious question- I thought you can't actively recruit or use NIL to lure athletes from one university to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    But, but, but, but Lord Billy recommended him. LOL. He knew Dez was inexperienced and could be played like a fiddle.
    If he played Dez, he played Maggard.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Every year will be a brand new team
    Well, MBB is almost there.

Dez is a nice guy. We all know where they finish. This will take some real work.

Welcome to G5 hell.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Serious question- I thought you can't actively recruit or use NIL to lure athletes from one university to another.
    Correct. You also can't drive 80 in a 65 mph speed zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Well I was gonna only have a few beers before the basketball game but I guess I’ll be having me some stiff whiskey dranks
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I thought that is who it was. I wonder now if Dr. Maggard would have known how all this played out, is Des is still his pick? I love Des, and I want him to do a great job, but you have to believe we try to go with a "Big Name" and a lot of these kids maybe wouldn't be leaving.....we will never know.
    Very difficult to say this. Oklahoma backfilled with Brent Venables, and lost Williams and a top wr, after the hire was more than two weeks old.

There is nothing going on that makes me think a ‘big name’ would’ve staunched this flow.

This is not about who we hired. It is about the money we can’t pay.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    No, but has that stopped Texas and Texas A&M from offering it publicly? Did it stop former pro QB Charlie Batch from offering Oklahoma's QB $1M publicly to come play at his former program? The NCAA has washed it's hands of this and is allowing institutions to police themselves. Now you are getting a real education on how many of these universities presidents actually give a damn about using athletes to make millions and not really caring about education.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If he played Dez, he played Maggard.

Well, MBB is almost there.

Dez is a nice guy. We all know where they finish. This will take some real work.

Welcome to G5 hell.
    That's crazy talk, had Billy Napier really wanted to keep Bergeron he would have paid him double the salary and offered him a position to coach, not a assistant coach position. Desormeaux offered him a position to coach and that is why he returned to UL. He's a young upcoming assistant, no one has pulled anything over Desormeaux's eyes.

I wish if you entered the transfer portal you would have to put a reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    How about this, "I am entering the portal to further my education and career opportunities. I want to thank my former team for providing me with the opportunity to show my talents and abilities and wish them all the success in the future."

You mean like that?

14. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

That's crazy talk, had Billy Napier really wanted to keep Bergeron he would have paid him double the salary and offered him a position to coach, not a assistant coach position. Desormeaux offered him a position to coach and that is why he returned to UL. He's a young upcoming assistant, no one has pulled anything over Desormeaux's eyes.
    Thank you for saying the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Would just be another lie.

Most of the folks on the belt board are in our corner. They now know “they’re next” should they be highly successful. Fritz didn’t knock out the knees on Ga Southern, but he hurt them enough where a poor hire put them in a downward spiral. App got lucky with Eli going to Missouri, not a P5 mover and shaker. Neither had the portal being used in full out warfare. Maybe the C-DOA media contract is the best…nobody sees you.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information