Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They could use their background and history like I put x and y in the NFL
    And the only reason they did that is because they are at a " power school". This sucks. The only way to fight back is to get the guys from Oklahoma, Florida, lsu/BR & those places that didn't fit in where they were. What is the possibility some of this has to do with academics?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I nearly punched my computer. This is _____.

If players are entering the portal already knowing where they will end up, isn't that against the rules? You can't actively recruit players already enrolled at another university?
    Who is going to stop coaches from doing this? These high profile players know where they're going before they press submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Who is going to stop coaches from doing this? These high profile players know where they're going before they press submit.
    The governing body of college sports that can't seem to get a damn thing right. They created the wild west with this rule. Should only take them 4-5 years to do anything to address it. It's garbage.

I hope all of g5 file suit for anti trust etc. Ncaa will be forced to act

https://youtu.be/2-jhmkcOGAA

What if a coach is contacting a player's uncle on social media and suggesting that they might have a great NIL deal in place for RB's? Or suggesting that someone might get more eyes at the combine coming from their school instead of ours? Because that is exactly what is happening. I've heard it straight from a family member of a player at another school...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The governing body of college sports that can't seem to get a damn thing right. They created the wild west with this rule. Should only take them 4-5 years to do anything to address it. It's garbage.
    What sucks the most is that window happens to be during our greatest ascent in program history! It truly does suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What sucks the most is that window happens to be during our greatest ascent in program history! It truly does suck!
    Absolutely this.

9. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I hope all of g5 file suit for anti trust etc. Ncaa will be forced to act
    All those schools with no money for NIL . . . I bet they have plenty money for litigation . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They could use their background and history like I put x and y in the NFL
    But, so did Napier and just about any SEC or P5 coach. So, they could say "I put x and y in the NFL and you can play in front of 70,000 people and get $4000/month." There is no way we can compete with a big name P5 school if the kid want to leave.

These high profile players know where they're going before they press submit.
    Bingo. Guarantee with alot of these guys, some big pocket business owner of a program is contacting these kids on the side saying "Hey, enter the portal and transfer here. If you do, I got your money."

Well...guess that ain't much different than the Top 30-40 programs have been doing for the past 15 years with the NCAA turning a blind eye while investigating the Texas States of the football world, but now that players are able to immediately enter and not sit a year, it's compounded.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    But, so did Napier and just about any SEC or P5 coach. So, they could say "I put x and y in the NFL and you can play in front of 70,000 people and get $4000/month." There is no way we can compete with a big name P5 school if the kid want to leave.
    Bingo. Play in front of 70k and make 4000/month, or play in front of 20k and make 500/month.

So if we run into Napier on the street do we still buy him a beer ��

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    OUCH.... that one really stings.

Not saying this applies to Emani, but what are the rules on entering the portal and then returning to the team? Just curious because I saw LSU quarterback Myles Brennan enter the portal in November, but in December decided to return to LSU.

Can a player just test the portal waters and then come back? Can the school refuse to take them back? I can't keep up learning new sets of rules every football season. Hahaa
    Brennan tested the waters and found out no one wanted him. LSU took him back. Their mistake. One thing about the portal is that it seems to be a free for all. No rules, limitations, nothing. It's already out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    What do we have to sell right now? A phantom coaching staff? A head coach with very little experience and never worked anywhere else?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information