Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I thought that is who it was. I wonder now if Dr. Maggard would have known how all this played out, is Des is still his pick? I love Des, and I want him to do a great job, but you have to believe we try to go with a "Big Name" and a lot of these kids maybe wouldn't be leaving.....we will never know.
    Make no mistake about it. There is a ton of second guessing going on!

2. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

I thought that is who it was. I wonder now if Dr. Maggard would have known how all this played out, is Des is still his pick? I love Des, and I want him to do a great job, but you have to believe we try to go with a "Big Name" and a lot of these kids maybe wouldn't be leaving.....we will never know.
    Then why dump on the hire? Anyone can speculate about anything. Frankly since you’re wondering I’m pretty sure it’s nothing to do with our current coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I hate that for Des.

You're right, we will never know... but, I did check in with that parallel universe where someone else was named HC. Turns out, it would not have made a difference. Money from NIL plus chance to play at a "bigger" school more than offset chance to play under a Louisiana HC, no matter how Big the name.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Then why dump on the hire? Anyone can speculate about anything. Frankly since you’re wondering I’m pretty sure it’s nothing to do with our current coaches.
    I didn't dump on the hire at all.

6. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    You're right, we will never know... but, I did check in with that parallel universe where someone else was named HC. Turns out, it would not have made a difference. Money from NIL plus chance to play at a "bigger" school more than offset chance to play under a Louisiana HC, no matter how Big the name.
    Parallel is a word I always use spell check for, but in a paratell universe I win the national spelling bee.

I didn't dump on the hire at all.
    No you didn’t.

This has got to be horrible for the locker room

Its obvious where Chris Smith's allegiance lies.

2/3 of the monster have abandoned him.

2 probably starters on the offensive line have left that "brotherhood."

I just wonder if the other players in those position groups are looking at their contemporaries and wondering, "Who's next? Is it you?"

God______, mother____.

I'm hearing he might be going to TCU

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    But, but, but, but Lord Billy recommended him. LOL. He knew Dez was inexperienced and could be played like a fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I'm hearing he might be going to TCU
    Makes sense.....Just saw TCU's RB is transferring to Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not dumping on the hire just have not been very impressed with much so far

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    But, but, but, but Lord Billy recommended him. LOL. He knew Dez was inexperienced and could be played like a fiddle.
    I don't understand. Please tell me what someone else could do that would stop a player from leaving for money and playing at a "bigger" school in a P5 conference. I don't think the HC's rep would make much difference unless his last name were Saban, Sweeney, or Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don't understand. Please tell me what someone else could do that would stop a player from leaving for money and playing at a "bigger" school in a P5 conference. I don't think the HC's rep would make much difference unless his last name were Saban, Sweeney, or Smart.
    They could use their background and history like I put x and y in the NFL

I nearly punched my computer. This is _____.

If players are entering the portal already knowing where they will end up, isn't that against the rules? You can't actively recruit players already enrolled at another university?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information