Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Emani Bailey portals out to TCU

1. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    And the players, their families, etc don't want to lose it.

I don't think universities nor the NCAA feel they could win a court case to fight NIL.
    That case has already been lost . . .

2. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    And the players, their families, etc don't want to lose it.

I don't think universities nor the NCAA feel they could win a court case to fight NIL.
    I agree.

It will be interesting to see (not in a good way) what happens when you have the "haves" and "have nots" on the same team.

Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree.

It will be interesting to see (not in a good way) what happens when you have the "haves" and "have nots" on the same team.
    It's called lookout blocks.

4. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    What happens whenever NIL Contractor with $500,000 worth of NIL Contracts walks into The athletic directors office and says, “ dude, I got money invested in my guys and they’re not seeing any playing time. My contribution to the athletic program might depend on whether or not my quarterback starts”?
    I’m pretty sure it’s all a shame Monkee. The NIL guys are really about the university not a player. It’s not really an advertisement for their businesses. It’s just a front. I saw where one group for TAMU is told 75% is for players. Guess they have to pass some kind of LLC criteria. Tax guys can speak to that

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s all a shame Monkee. The NIL guys are really about the university not a player. It’s not really an advertisement for their businesses. It’s just a front. I saw where one group for TAMU is told 75% is for players. Guess they have to pass some kind of LLC criteria. Tax guys can speak to that
    Yeah, the tax man will be speaking a lot. Especially those where scholarships may be leveraged with PEL grants and similar grants. This will get really, really messy. P5s going to have a tax accountant on staff to help the STUDENT athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The Transfer Portal will be back on the table this spring and reviewed. The NIL is here to stay. The P5 programs don't want it changed.
    T- I agree the Portal will be reexamined in the spring. We will see another rematch of 2 SEC schools for this private country club national championship. The pool of possible champs probably includes about 15 Power 5 schools. After the bloodbath that will occur with transfers, Why wouldn't the bottom 2/3 of P5 schools vote with most of G5 vote to change it? Without some compromise college football is in big trouble and many fans will flock to nfl or away from football entirely. imo

I can’t wait to see the athletes’ parking lot.

8. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I can’t wait to see the athletes’ parking lot.
    What you’re saying?

USFL starts in April. Offering full college scholarships to its players along with a salary to play football. Things should get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    USFL starts in April. Offering full college scholarships to its players along with a salary to play football. Things should get interesting.
    That leauge won't last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What you’re saying?
    Well, that situation already exists. Unless you’re talking upgrades from Mustangs, RTs and such.

Maybe the NCAA will listen to Nick Saban and Kirby Smart.

“ INDIANAPOLIS -- Alabama head coach Nick Saban and Georgia head coach Kirby Smart both called for increased regulation on Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) deals for college athletes during their joint College Football Playoff news conferences Sunday.

Without more regulation, Saban and Smart said the same teams are going to continue to dominate college football.

Right at the top of that list are Alabama and Georgia, who meet Monday for the national title for the second time in the last five years. Alabama is vying for its sixth national title in the last 11 years.

"You're going to have the haves and have nots, and the separation that is already there is going to grow larger," Smart said. "The schools that have the capacity and the ability and are more competitive in the NIL market are going to be schools that step ahead on top of other schools. So I don't want (recruiting) decisions to be based on that, but ultimately a lot of young men want to make their decision based on that."

Bailey confirmed he is heading to TCU 10 minutes ago on Twitter.

Bailey just announced that he’s going to TCU. Does anyone know how much he’s going to get paid?

15. Default Re: Emani Bailey in Free Agency Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Bailey confirmed he is heading to TCU 10 minutes ago on Twitter.
    Can you guys stop yelling at us now so we can be friends again?

This isn't JUST a Billy thing. NIL means P5 teams are going to come after your studs year-in and year-out.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information