Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

Default Re: New Episode: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

I think we have to at least acknowledge that many of these guys may be reaching out to Napier and Co about going to UF.

2. Default Re: New Episode: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I think we have to at least acknowledge that many of these guys may be reaching out to Napier and Co about going to UF.
    No question

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And Napier continues to pillage.. David Doeker, gone.
    How big of a blow is this? Or is Billy just being a _____?

4. Default Re: New Episode: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    How big of a blow is this? Or is Billy just being a _____?
    Deck was a freaking GA. Highly thought of but a GA nonetheless. He could have helped us in a big way. You don’t think Napier has access to talented GAs or assistant coaches that aren’t currently in Lafayette? This is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder Maggard and Mike were furious…

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Deck was a freaking GA. Highly thought of but a GA nonetheless. He could have helped us in a big way. You don’t think Napier has access to talented GAs or assistant coaches that aren’t currently in Lafayette? This is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder Maggard and Mike were furious…
    That was my logic after looking into it but wanted to ask. Man this guys is not just burning the bridge he’s setting the whole damn village on fire!

7. Default Re: New Episode: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

Plan D: desperation

I've haven't gone from being impartial to a university to wanting them to crash and burn so fast since Coastal last year. That's the only 2 with such a quick turnaround that I can think of, actually.

Its all about the money I know for a fact the people that are going to Florida are more then doubling the money they made here. So thats what it is about. Hard to blame someone for going out and making more money doing the same job.

10. Default Re: New Episode: New Year | New Billy | New Staff | New MBB

Nobody got raided unexpectedly.

Napier took his staff, end of story.

Everyone knew all along that Napier was taking HIS hired staff with him. That is why the question was raised "Does Desormeaux have connections?" The question was asked because MD was starting from scratch coaching wise, relatively speaking.

IF Napier was leaving HIS staff behind, Desormeaux doesn't need connections.

Desormeaux is proving himself 100% capable and in NO need of "Napier's" staff.

The cULture will survive and thrive.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    Its all about the money I know for a fact the people that are going to Florida are more then doubling the money they made here. So thats what it is about. Hard to blame someone for going out and making more money doing the same job.
    Once again it's not about that. It's the fact that with the money Florida has they can pull in any analyst he wants but yet he keeps coming back for cajun coaches

Exactly he has worked with those people here and knows what they are capable of and he throws alot more money at them to do the same job for him just different location. So why should he go out and put a GA that he does not know. I know that one person was being paid here 28000.00 and Florida offered them six figures for the same job. If you are that person what are going to do.

The whole FL staff may be begging for their jobs back soon. It’s gonna be tough to meet FL expectations within a few years with what Billy has been left there. In todays world if he is in year 3 and still hasn’t got an SEC championship, he will be on the chopping block. Time will tell and wish Billy well.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    The whole FL staff may be begging for their jobs back soon. It’s gonna be tough to meet FL expectations within a few years with what Billy has been left there. In todays world if he is in year 3 and still hasn’t got an SEC championship, he will be on the chopping block. Time will tell and wish Billy well.
    I hope Fl only wins the games they play against LSU. All other games I hope they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Once again it's not about that. It's the fact that with the money Florida has they can pull in any analyst he wants but yet he keeps coming back for cajun coaches
    This. He's doing his version of Sherman through Georgia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information