Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

UL Baseball BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

What UL baseball team do you think was the best ever at UL? I think it was the 2014 team. Then the 2000 team, followed by the 2015 team.

Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What UL baseball team do you think was the best ever at UL? I think it was the 2014 team. Then the 2000 team, followed by the 2015 team.
    I was too young to remember much of the 2000 team. 2014 an unreal offense covered up a weak pitching staff. flip side 2015 a unreal pitching staff covered up a weak offensive team. Both made it to the same point in the season so it's a toss up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I was too young to remember much of the 2000 team. 2014 an unreal offense covered up a weak pitching staff. flip side 2015 a unreal pitching staff covered up a weak offensive team. Both made it to the same point in the season so it's a toss up for me.

I think the 99 team that lost to rice in the supers is very underrated and forgotten about. They would steamroll the 15 team. I also think the 2016 team was better than the 15 team. 00 and 14 are 1a and 1b

2007 (?) that lost at Texas A&M in the regionals was pretty salty

7. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    This 1000%, this........Please make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I'll go with thin bullpen. But the 2014 pitching staff was not weak. I'd put Baranik and Robichaux as a 1-2 against most teams we've had.

9. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll go with thin bullpen. But the 1014 pitching staff was not weak. I'd put Baranik and Robichaux as a 1-2 against most teams we've had.
    1014, damn Jay you are one old fart. I didn't know the Cajuns were playing baseball then.

I'll go with thin bullpen. But the 1014 pitching staff was not weak. I'd put Baranik and Robichaux as a 1-2 against most teams we've had.
    Didn’t Sunday starter Cody Boutte win the conference pitcher of the year as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    1014, damn Jay you are one old fart. I didn't know the Cajuns were playing baseball then.
    You didn't know Jay was around to witness the Norman conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think the 99 team that lost to rice in the supers is very underrated and forgotten about. They would steamroll the 15 team. I also think the 2016 team was better than the 15 team. 00 and 14 are 1a and 1b
    Totally with you on '99. Devey, Dohmann and Templet on the bump and Baranowski and Ochsner were filthy at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Didn’t Sunday starter Cody Boutte win the conference pitcher of the year as well?
    Boutte finished the regular season undefeated. But Baranik was the Pitcher of the Year.

14. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Boutte finished the regular season undefeated. But Baranik was the Pitcher of the Year.
    Boutte was a solid Sunday SBC pitcher and a great kid, but unfortunately his heart was bigger than his talent. He fought hard, but we could have used another Baranick/Robe. I know that would be asking for a lot.

It is not debatable. It is the 2000 College World Series team, which finished number three in the country. That is the BEST team.
    Now, if you ask who is the most TALENTED team, that is debatable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information