Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Based on how far they went, has to be the 2000 team. '99 was sort of the precursor to the 2000 team.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions

Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Heart, Desire, drinking from the hose, chip on your shoulder....2000 all the way. Best by the numbers 2014 and not just for a UL team. One of the best college teams to ever play the game if you go by the numbers.

With that said it was definitely the 2000 team. Went on the road for a super and took out the #1 team in the country.

3. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    2007 (?) that lost at Texas A&M in the regionals was pretty salty
    Most under-celebrated team in UL history. 2000 was still the best, but 2007 isn't far behind.

2000 was the best team due to what they accomplished

2014 was the easy #2 due to not only making the Super Regional but hosting it as well

1999 would be #3 based on their run that set up 2000

2007 would be my personal #4 to the point where there was a debate on whether or not we should host. If our bats don't go cold, we win one of those final 2 against Texas A&M and end up in the Supers against Rice the following week.

2015- we hit lightning in a bottle to end that season

1) 2014
    2) 2000
    3) 1999
    4) 2015
    5) 2007
    6) 2016

6. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Goodness yes the 99 & 2000 was hands down most talented and went farther than any others in a two year stretch.

The 2000 team owned the states of North Carolina and South Carolina in the playoffs.

We absolutely should have gotten past Rice in 99. But woulda, coulda, shoulda that year taught Robe some lessons.

7. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Goodness yes the 99 & 2000 was hands down most talented and went farther than any others in a two year stretch.

The 2000 team owned the states of North Carolina and South Carolina in the playoffs.

We absolutely should have gotten past Rice in 99. But woulda, coulda, shoulda that year taught Robe some lessons.
    I blame myself for 99. Me and a few buddies were in Pete's listening to the Friday night game. We said if they won we were all driving to Houston. We drove their and watched Saturday and Sunday and we lost. If we had stayed at Pete's I think we win.

8. Default Re: BEST UL BASEBALL TEAM

We absolutely should have won the Saturday game. Sunday was always a long shot. Mrs Express were totally bummed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information